Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, DC bandsters, come out, come out wherever you are...

I can't be the only DC person on this board. Heck, I'll even open it up to the metro DC area.

I was banded in Mexico in January, so I'm not familiar with DC-area resources for Bandsters. I'd really like to find a therapist in the area who has experience with WLS clients. I love my fill doctor (Susan Brinkley in Frederick), but the only therapist she recommended is in Hagerstown, which would be at least a 1.5 hour drive for me each way. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know here or by pm.

Hi, I'm a DC-area bandster (not the District itself but inside-the-beltway which should count for something :biggrin: ). I don't know of any therapists in DC...the one I used to see on the Hill moved back to his hometown but he would have been perfect--his partner had RNY and he's familiar with WLS.

There are tons of Lap Band doctors in the area--I'm sure you've found one by now. Just thought I'd say hi :biggrin:

Hi There,

I live in DC and had my surgery at George Washington hospital. I know for sure that they have a support group about every other Wednesday in the 6 floor reception of the Medical Faculty Building (near Foggy Bottom metro).

The only thing is that there are only a handful of bandsters compared to other WLS patients.

I would love to find a group that catered to bandsters exclusively.

-A

hey there! I'm in the DC area too but im sorta new in the area and couldnt find a fill doc til I found you! I'm gonna look her up. Thank god I found you cause I went 4 hrs away for my first fill and thats an all day event for me. I was banded on 25 July.

Quick question for you Movinggirl, you said you was banded at George Washington Hospital. Did you use Dr. Brody? If so what was your expeirence with the staff. I'm a little dissapointed with them so far. I sent over all of my paperwork last on September 4th and they just sent everything to the insurance company yesterday and of course when I checked with the insurance company they still don't show it being received. I'm honestly considering going to another facility, but I'm trying to get somebody else experience first. Thanks

Hello, I am a DC Area Bandster too. Was banded May 23, 2008 have lost 59 lbs. Would really enjoy joining your support group. I live south of the city on the bay, but work in Downtown DC M-F.

Thanks!

Kim

I'm about to banded on Monday (June 8, 2009) if everything goes smoothly.

I'll be banded at NRH (Nat Rehabilitation Hospital) "Washington Hospital" in DC.

The staff is pretty good, I've only had a few minor issues, I'd recommend this facility though.

The support group meetings are the first Saturday of the month at 9AM (to approx 10AM).

I hope this helps. :blushing:

I am a DC banster...well I will be after next Friday. I would like to find a group that caters to bandsters as well. Even if it is just a few of us who meet up every now and then and keep each other on track.

Shawni

Can you not just go to WHC? That is where I will go after my surgery. Dr. Finelli's office is great.

Hi! I am a newly banded (August 28) member here in DC. Was wondering if anyone was still active on this board. I live/work in DC. I attend the support groups at the hospital but was wondering if anyone is interested in starting a walking group?

Hi, how are you? I got my surgery done at WHC as well. Looking for a support partner

I've been looking for local bandsters for a while. I'm in Falls Church, banded May 21, 2012 at Fair Oaks.