Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

Does any one else feel as if their band gets tighter when they are mentally stressed out about something?

I usually get this tightness with the first meal of the day and everything is fine after that. But if a stressful situation occurs, that tightness remains all day, sometimes for a few.

Does any one else feel as if their band gets tighter when they are mentally stressed out about something?

I usually get this tightness with the first meal of the day and everything is fine after that. But if a stressful situation occurs, that tightness remains all day, sometimes for a few.

ABSOLUTELY!!! My band is tighter when I'm stressed, when I haven't used the bathroom recently, when I'm retaining Water, etc. Stress is the biggest issue that I have with my band....I've had to get unfills to help me make it through a really difficult month at work.....

Exercise! I need it to work with my band.

Presently I am getting prepared to move more now the nice weather is here..I ordered a pedometer due to arrive tomorrow and am planning on incorporating a 10,000 steps a day challenge into this sedentary life.

Running, etc is not my thing..I do treadmills and that is about it.

But I am thinking of just everyday life..doing more stairs, parking the car a bit farther away..just a bit more everyday footwork and wearing my pedometer to see if I can get in 10,000 steps, building from the little bit I am presently doing.

There are several 10,000 step sites on the internet, but a friend told me about it and I thought it was a great idea.

I wouldn;t necessarily have to find or pay for a special venue to work out, but just incorporate it into my everyday life.Perhaps it will work along with my band and trim me down a bit more.

Here is a bit about it:

http://www.thewalkingsite.com/10000steps.html

Any Boston people care to join me in this 'challenge' of sorts?

I thought it was in my head!

How are you doing now since your unfill last week?

I'm doing ok, though still having issues. Been away and haven't put enough thought to user error versus real band issues. At the sake of being too graphic--if I haven't been regular, my band is tighter. I tend to be very irregular when I travel. I don't take the Miralax while I'm away and it kills me. (BUT I don't want any of those--"Gotta go, gotta go" moments while in an unfamiliar place!!) I also tend to eat bad foods while traveling at the sake of not being too difficult with choosing places to eat! So....happy to be home and back in control, minus the Water issues here. I was able to eat salads while I was away, though it didn't help my regularity. Gross, huh?

I find that when I workout and move regularly, it keeps me regular and I'm able to drink more. I haven't worked out in a week. I walked all over Baltimore and did tons of sweating in the 90 degree weather all weekend, but still just not myself. I need to have everything working together to make this thing work---and I feel like lately, I so rarely have it all together. How are YOU doing?

Posts or talk about BM issues don;t gross me out .

Dieters have a problem with this. I have ALL MY LIFE until a few months ago. . However, after many years I have found a remedy!

Bifidus Regularis..the bacteria in Activia actually works,.

Gal, go get yourself an 8 pack of this yogurt, have it for Breakfast or snack every day and you will be as regular as clock work. No cramps, no wondering if it will work.

Give yourself a treat and get some of it..it will have you right as rain by the end of a week and you will love the stuff. I have it every day. No more cardboard Fiber, laxatives, etc. Give it a try. It works!

Now some people will say that it is the same stuff that is in regular yogurt and it is just marketing.. NOT SO. I ate yogurt for years and this works differently on me..even after stopping it and eating

other brands as a trial for a while. The bacteria is different. I don;t care what the nutritionists say. It works for me.

Oh yes I agree stress does affect my band. Finally figured it out most recently while being not having any problems to all of a sudden having issues with foods I tolerated before. Or I just plain cant eat at all bc nothing stays down. It also happens to me if Im out of element (traveling) or super busy with work.

I had a slight fill of .2 yesterday with Dr V. She was great as usually. Complimenting me all over the place.We talked of expectations and reality of how much weight I will lose. She also mentioned how she has former banded patients who convert to by-pass who are wanting to be banded again.

So far with this fill I can feel the restriction and its not too bad. I am concerned with the slight heartburn that has started. Gonna nip that in the bud with some Prolsec. Ive been at a higher fill 2x and 2x ended up unfilled. If it happens again Im just gonna have to accept that my band only wants me at a certain level. Right now I think Im at 7.6 in my 14cc band.

We talk about the bathroom issues all the time. :bored: I just got back from BJs they have their own brand of Miralax two bottles, 60 day supply for $14.99. Ive tried the friendly bacteria and it never quite worked enough for me.

How did you like the group? Many of us have started going to the meetings at the Faulkner instead because the parking is easier and the group smaller.

Hope you guys are all well. I found the greatest product today--Pepperidge Farm bagel thins. I toasted mine really well to be sure, but it was my first "bagel" since banding nearly 2 1/2 years ago!!! Loved it! Was thinking I might try having a sandwich sometime on one of these--something else I haven't had in over 2 years.

Headed for an unfill on Monday. I can eat just about anything now--and have little restriction; however, I'm having heartburn all the time (when I eat, when I don't eat, when I'm just waking up, when I'm out busy....all day long!) and take so many Tums that I'm tired of it. I never had any heartburn or reflux before banding. I'm ready. I'll just have to focus more on my diet to avoid the gain from loosening the band....

How are you guys doing? Jay, you've been quite quiet! Blue, how about you???

The group was ok. They helped answer a few of my newbie questions. There was one gentleman there who is very passionate about his journey. If he reads this he may want to consider giving others a chance to get a few questions in. Other than that it was ok and I plan on returning again this month. When does the Faulkner group meet? I need all the support I can get these days

Sorry to hear that's been your experience at the Brigham. As I said before, the group at the Faulkner is smaller. Many of us go regularly and have met, but I'd like to think we're a relatively welcoming bunch. We have a few pre-ops or recent ops in our group, but many of us have been banded for at least a year.

My schedule shows 6:00 on Monday, May 10th at the Faulkner. (It's usually the week before the Brigham--on the Monday of that week. 2nd Monday of the month, maybe?!) I'm planning on being there. Hope to meet you! :)

I am planning on coming too....might be a few minutes late. See you at the Faulkner on Monday peeps!:)

I will be there tonight...can't wait to meet everyone and please bear with all my newbie questions

Genise

boo hoo....my husband just reminded me that his going to the Sox game tonight (he shares season tickets wtih a buddy...and tonight is his game). BLECH!

Which means I can't make it to the Faulkner group tonight. I was psyched to go as a 12 day post op-er! Oh well.....Maybe next month!:biggrin:

AAAAwwwwwAAA man!

I just realized I have no idea where the meeting is held. Can somebody tell me what room/floor the meeting is held?