Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April 8th Avengers!

Hi Carol ...from Carol. How's the diet coming. I am so hungry most of the time I can hardly stand it. I just want some Protein....and I'm limited on that too. Thus, I have been sleeping a lot. I figure if I can't eat, I'll sleep. Not a good plan. And I drink a lot too, Decaf tea and Water. But you know what happens....with so much drinking naps don't last very long if you know what I mean. It's such a nice day I think I'll take Kodi (husky) for a walk. I'm praying Cindy's illness is a short lived event, and the meds. kick in. DH is off working today so I need to get going on data entry (stuff he did yesterday)....then dog walk.

Hi Carol..The diet is going okay. I'm down 9.5# since March 26th. You said your hungry, can you have SF Jello, SF popsicles or beef/chicken broth in between your shakes? My doc allows 2 servings of each per day. I just came back from a nice long walk. It was cool, but when the sun was at my back I started feeling very warm. I too hope Cindy isn't getting sick. I am going with DH to the cardiologist today for a follow-up. I pray he still has a normal rhythm. It appears the April Avengers list is growing by leaps and bounds. Chat with you later...

Hi, yes I can have broth and jello...what I'l craving is Protein. I want boiled egg, tuna, but I am on strict liquids only. I want to chew something. I can have up to 2 slim fasts a day.l..I can have V-8 juice too. My jeans are a lot looser so I know I've lost but not sure how much. I know the most accurate scale reading is when you get up in the morning but in the middle of the night I drink Water and Decaf iced tea....my stomach growling is waking me up....I'm chugging on a hot decaf tea right now. It'll help for a while. I was going to take Kodi for a walk but we might go to DP (dog park) instead. They have potties there. With so much liquid in I'd be dodging behind neighbor's bushes if I take walk thru neighborhood. Not sure they'd appreciate that.

Part 2...hope your husband's checkup goes ok. I keep thinking about Cindy and hope she's doing ok. I've seen another couple April 8'ers but they aren't on the list.

Hi,guys!!! Still have a sore throat today but a little better, but no fever....my beauty shop partner has been sick all week, major cough and called me tonight saying she has a fever....GREAT....but I'm taking antibiotics to help so i think it will be fine....Just getting prepared for our trip to Mexico...2 young boys to get in order(thank God for grandmothers) my mom will be traveling about 35 miles each way taking them back and forth to school while we r gone.. I'm just glad winter is over and we dont have to worry about slick roads! I hope you all are doing ok and yours husbands as well w/ all the tests going on, will keep u all n my prayers!Cindy

Hi ladies :huh2:

Less than a week... are you guys excited? cinnimae, so glad your cold is better! carol and Carol, how are you ladies? Congrats on the fabulous weight loss! I talked to my doc and altered my diet. I'm eating non-fat or very low fat foods, about 500-700 calories a day and 5-10gr. fat. I've only lost about 8 pounds, but my US this am showed my liver has shrunk considerably.... so I was too happy.

Hope you ladies are well and gearing in for the home stretch!

Hi Cora, Cindy and Carol....from Carol in OH. You know what helps? sleep. Being retired and self-employed I slept in. Today our work day will start about noon and we'll get home around 9 pm so it'll all work out in the end. We'll be on the road so it'll be an interesting day dieting. What woke me up was the mower. The DH is mowing the grass, first time this year. It was really high....he was getting it before the expected 2 inches of rain gets here. Diet is going ok, not quite so hungry today. Have lost about 10 lbs. Can hardly believe surgery is just a few days away. Getting pretty excited.

Good morning Carol Cindy and Cora, I'm glad to say things are going well. I still do not have a time for my surgery on Tuesday. My husband's check-up went well. He still has a normal rhythm. Thank you God! Hope it lasts.

Carol-what is the temperature by you. I know it has to be a bit warmer than here. It usually is 10-15 degrees warmer near my son. I haven't been keeping an eye on the weather since we are not going to be traveling to WV in the next few weeks.

Hang tough Carol it won't be long until this diet is done and you can move on to the next phase.

Cindy-Hope you are feeling better. 2 small children do make your travel plans more difficult. Hope that you get everything done and ready for the week before you leave.

Cori-8 pounds is nothing to sneeze at, great job!

My surgeon gave us a disc for our computer that is really a book about pre-op & post-op diet,exercise and nutrition. In there it says,"why high Protein diet", because high protein promotes fast weight loss. We are not allowed carbs until we lose 75% of excess weght. Every surgeon seems to do things a little different. Must follow what your surgeon says.

I hope everyone has a great day! I'm going for a walk before it begins to rain.

Hi Everyone, I am new to this site and was just approved for surgery on 4-17-08. It seems that since I got this news everything has gone super speed and I'm getting really nervous. This is the best thing that has happened to me in quite a while and I can't wait for a new beginning.

April 17th anyone else?

hi Carol, etc. travel/work got cancelled today (the beauty of self employment)....we're going tomorrow instead. DH is working in the yard before monsoon arrives...now weatherman says maybe 3 inches of rain. It's cloudy and around 50 here. I have had some very intense intestinal discomfort.....needless to say there is no constipation!!..maybe i'll lose a few more lbs., feels like i've picked up some kind of stomach bug. Hope everyone is doing ok.

3 MORE DAYS. Good luck all April 8th Avengers. Getting really anxious. Can hardly believe this is really happening...but it is. Yea for us.:plane::lol::tongue: