Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you name 1, or 2 things you would love to do once you reach your goal?

I want to finally move to Southern California. Because I refuse to do it while I am this over weight and feel like I am the only fat woman in South Bay! I want to be cute in my swimsuit on Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach... I want to just fit in....

J

I want to enjoy exercise again. I want to feel strong and in control of my body. I want to choose clothes because they look good, not because they fit. I want to have a baby. I want to walk without getting tired in 25 yards.

I want to live my life, which I am NOT doing now.

My daughter has older pictures of me when I was alot thinner. She looks at the pictures and says "look how beautiful you were then mom" OUCH! but I know once I loose the weight, I will start dressing and feeling more confident. I can't wait to be able to go shopping at the same stores as my beautiful daughter :thumbup:

i want to be confident, a good example for my daughter

i want to be naked, with the lights on with my hubby

i want to go out and have a great time w/ hubby w/o worrying that i'm the hugest one around and wondering why he's with me, and him so worried about me being comfortable that he doesnt have a good time.

i want to be able to do my own pedicure again.

I want. . .

Peace of mind.

To eat to live, not live to eat.

A healthy fit body.

To be stable with my weight; no more yo yo dieting.

No extreme up and down weight gains and losses!

To reduced or eliminate my medications.

World Peace!!!

:sneaky::regular_smile::lol::regular_smile:

One word .......Bikini

so many things, so many of them y'all already mentioned, but I want to throw in a few more.

1.) I want to shop at Anthropologie. Yes, it's silly, but I want to buy a dress there.

2.) I want to be able to stop people from saying "you are so pretty...but..."

3.) I want guys to notice me, not the size of my butt, or because I have big boobs.

4.) I want to be able to wear a bathing suit in public without worrying that people are staring at me.

5.) I want to show my mom that I can do this- weight has been a life long issue with us, and she doesnt think I can actually lose the weight.

6.) I want to have babies. Healthy babies coming from a healthy body.

7.) I want to wear a bra that is smaller than most childrens heads.

Great post- I got my surgery medically approved today, and am finishing up my last nutritionist meeting next week- Hopefully, two months from now, I will be starting a new phase in my life.

Cheers!

Be a stripper for one night....... Just to show off my new body!! LOL,LOL,LOL Have men hoop and Hallar not Gag and make comments.... Something that's way, way out there!! LOL,LOL,LOL

Not something I'd ever do, but the option would be nice to have!!

I want to go one hour without thinking what my next meal/snack/treat is going to be!

I want to be able to wear a size 10 $300 designer jeans, a cute t-shirt and a pair of HOT sandals.

I want to have the energy to clean my house without taking 15 breaks.

The list really goes on and on :)

1. The AGB gives you freedom
    Freedom from pain, guilt, ridicule, embarrassment, and worry. Freedom to move without pain and struggle. Freedom from the control of food. Freedom to dream without limitation.
  2. The AGB gives you peace of mind
    Peace of mind knowing our HEALTH is the best it can possibly be. Peace of mind that our families will NOT have to go on without us. Peace of mind that we've done all WE can to insure we are around to take care of those who count on us being there for them.
  3. The AGB gives you choices
    To have unlimited options from which to choose everything from our clothing to our cars, to how we use our bodies and live our lives. Unlimited career options, relationship options, and all around LIFE OPTIONS!
  4. The AGB will allow you to fit in
    Fitting in any chair, any car, any booth, any seatbelt, any store, any bathroom stall, any bathtub or shower, any amusement park ride,any intimate position, any clothing we like, and most of all...Just plain "fitting in" to society! AGAIN!!
  5. The AGB gives you optimism
    Suddenly life becomes half full instead of half empty. We feel more positive about ourselves, our future, and our life. We react to the world in a more positive light because we are no longer prisoners of our bodies. As we release the demon of food that has controlled us for so long, we accept and forgive ourselves for our own weakness; releasing us to become more tolerant and forgiving of others. Therefore, causing us to feel lighter in body AND spirit.
  6. The AGB gives you dignity
    The dignity that comes with being able to: take care of ourselves, reach for personal hygiene, easily get out of a chair, couch, or car, walk a reasonable distance, not drip with sweat when everyone else isn't, tie our shoes, or pick up what we drop. To be able to climb stairs, or out a window, or pull/lower ourselves or someone we love to safety if a life depended on it.
  7. The AGB gives you self-confidence
    As we regain our confidence in everyday activities, our confidence grows in our ability to do and try things we've never done before. With each accomplishment, we can see further and believe in ourselves a little more. Life becomes an adventure! Dr. Robert Schuller calls this "The Peak to Peek Principle" and authored a wonderful book by the same name.
  8. The AGB gives you self-esteem
    With increased self-confidence we often see increased self-esteem... Our vision of our own self-worth. The more we feel able to contribute, the more we come to believe in ourselves and the value of our place in the world. When we value ourselves, we experience self-respect, increased self-worth or "worthiness", and a higher deserve level. All of which leads to healthier relationships with ourselves and others.
  9. The AGB gives you integrity
    The journey of WLS, all that leads us to it and all that follows, is a test of our courage. When we are courageous, we challenge ourselves to our limits. We get to find out just what kind of "stuff" we're really made of. We may find joy in the discovery that we are stronger than we ever imagined. And we find acceptance in the realization that we have weaknesses we never wanted to face. All of this is OK! All of this opens us up to self-acceptance and honesty about who we really are. And when we know who we truly are within, we no longer need live in fear of being "found out" or fear of losing control to anything or anyone outside ourselves. We find the courage to live by our own convictions. And...we can honestly say to ourselves and the world, "Who you see, is who I am", and THAT is living in INTEGRITY!
  10. The Lap Band will give you a whole new wardrobe
    From head to toe, NOTHING will fit anymore. So that means I get to design a whole new me on the outside to reflect the whole new me on the inside!

Edited by mattintosh

My doctor actually requires his patients to do something like this prior to surgery.

I want to go back to Six Flags and ride that roller coaster I couldn't fit on all afternoon.

I want to have my VERY form-fitting wedding dress from 9 years ago cut down and have my wedding pics taken over when I feel like I actually look good in my dress.

I want to go hiking with my husband to the bottom of our favorite waterfall in the mountains of NC and have a picnic.

I want to go listen to hubby's band and be able to get up and dance without having to be plastered or worrying about everyone laughing at me.

I want to feel like my husband can truly be proud to be seen in public with me.

I want to put on sexy lingerie and have hubby take my picture.