Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

I will be there sat. What should I expect (wonders my slightly type A personality):)

Well, there are a bunch of fat people in one room! Seriously, it's about the same size crowd as the seminars. There's usually a speaker and then the "banded" (who sit in front of everyone), stand up and introduce themselves, tell their story if they want. Then you get to ask tons of questions, anything you want. Some people will even let you feel their port! And if you don't want to ask a question in front of everyone, you can always ask someone after the crowd leaves. There's usually someone who has JUST had surgery and I found that to be very interesting when I was in your shoes.

Well, there are a bunch of fat people in one room! Seriously, it's about the same size crowd as the seminars. There's usually a speaker and then the "banded" (who sit in front of everyone), stand up and introduce themselves, tell their story if they want. Then you get to ask tons of questions, anything you want. Some people will even let you feel their port! And if you don't want to ask a question in front of everyone, you can always ask someone after the crowd leaves. There's usually someone who has JUST had surgery and I found that to be very interesting when I was in your shoes.

Well, I tell you what (this is going back to Naomi) she really needs help. No one has told me along the way how to go about getting a surgery date and I called this morning to ask a general question and I got my head bit off! I didn't know that before she will give you a surgery date that she has to have all of the clearance letters from your doctors. They really need to either get her an assistant or something. Does she not realize that she is messing with peoples livelihoods? Ok. I feel better since I got on my soap box.... I guess I just need to be more patient huh?

CG-I AM SO PROUD FOR YOU! YEA!

Hey Wendy-we've missed you!

Jason-continue to keep us posted with your feelings and emotions of the last few days before your surgery.

welcome rdoty.

I wish I could be with ya'll saturday.

I need input from ya'll at what if anything I should do now. I personally am very disappointed at Neoami right this minute. My stuff has been in her office for submittal to bc/bs the second time since July 30th and as of this morning still has not been submitted it. She said it will be next week that she is training someone to help her. Yea, for her training someone, but its been 16 days and I could have possibly had an approval by now if it was submitted. :) Suggestions welcomed, PLEASE!!!!!

Its so good to hear from everyone.

Southrn you can really see a difference!! You have done great!!! I wish I would have taken a good before picture (besides my drivers license). I am gonna have to get my aunt to send me some from the cruise (she loves to take unflattering pictures of everyone). HA! That made me laugh out loud! :biggrin: Thanks for the encouraging words!

Missy, keep up the good work, you're melting! Wish we could meet you Saturday.

Thank you!

Missy - your pics are great! You can most definently see the difference. Congrats!! Thank you, thank you!

Thanks for your comments. I posted those pictures when I was pretty depressed and then one of the more well known posters put her pics up and I got lost in the shuffle. I sure could have used some encouragement then but I appreciate you guys!

Our little Alabama group is growing by leaps and bounds!

- Congrats CG on your approval.

- NMY you are much kinder than I am. I would be pitching a fit by this point and letting that office know that there are other physicians in the area who would gladly perform the surgery for you (even if you don't mean it!:)). :cool2:

- ALgirl, hang in there!

- Jason, it's almost time!!

I'm sure I have missed someone but welcome everyone!!

:)

CG-I AM SO PROUD FOR YOU! YEA!

Hey Wendy-we've missed you!

Jason-continue to keep us posted with your feelings and emotions of the last few days before your surgery.

welcome rdoty.

I wish I could be with ya'll saturday.

I need input from ya'll at what if anything I should do now. I personally am very disappointed at Neoami right this minute. My stuff has been in her office for submittal to bc/bs the second time since July 30th and as of this morning still has not been submitted it. She said it will be next week that she is training someone to help her. Yea, for her training someone, but its been 16 days and I could have possibly had an approval by now if it was submitted. :cool2: Suggestions welcomed, PLEASE!!!!!

Its so good to hear from everyone.

I am right there with you. She was really rude to me this morning so I thought I would just do my 2 weeks with this C-Pap thing and go from there. I am just ready to start my true "new" life that I have been waiting for. I really can't give you any suggestions on how to handle her but I have heard the more your pester Naomi the quicker she moves.:biggrin:

Good luck with your CPap April! Mine was such a nightmare. Just be sure you do it for at least 6-7 hours a night. I suggest taking some sleeping meds until you get used to it. I hated mine. Now it just sits in my bedroom in its case collecting dust. I am so glad to have that overwith.

Glad to see youre still kickin Wendy!!

I will try and get to SVE by 9:30 in the am. I am so looking forward to it, plus it is my first meeting since being banded! WooHoo!!

Hope everyone has a nice Friday evening.

=)

:)

I am right there with you. She was really rude to me this morning so I thought I would just do my 2 weeks with this C-Pap thing and go from there. I am just ready to start my true "new" life that I have been waiting for. I really can't give you any suggestions on how to handle her but I have heard the more your pester Naomi the quicker she moves.:biggrin:

You definitely have to nudge her! And you may need to call the other doctors yourself and make sure they have sent in approval letters (get them to fax you a copy, too). You can look back in this thread and read about our frustrations with Neomi. We've all been through it and hopefully she is getting some help. You better get on that C-PAP, as that card has to be sent to the lab and then to Dr. Kim before she releases you.

You definitely have to nudge her! And you may need to call the other doctors yourself and make sure they have sent in approval letters (get them to fax you a copy, too). You can look back in this thread and read about our frustrations with Neomi. We've all been through it and hopefully she is getting some help. You better get on that C-PAP, as that card has to be sent to the lab and then to Dr. Kim before she releases you.

Boy don't I know it! Med-South called me this morning so I am waiting on the return phone call from Susan. I want these next 2 weeks to fly by...I'm hoping to have a surgery date in early October (if possible)

I agree----wa hoo! I decided to call her again this evening to see if she can send my stuff in; after having it over two weeks; to bc/bs again for approval. She said she will "try" to get it out today. All she had to do is attach the one page to the previous submittion and hit send. Gosh.

So I am gonna take ya'll advice and nudge more often. I am thinking what if something happens to me because of my co-morbid "blood pressure" going up causing a stroke or something from the frustration of not getting things done more efficiently. She has ALL of my paperwork from every doctor. All I need is the ins. approval.

Maybe now I will get something going.

Everyone have a nice weekend!!!!!!!

Yes Neaomi is getting some help! She is training her new help now. I called her yesterday and she was is a bad mood. However, the ball is in her court now and im gona bug her until I have my date. I called her this afternoon and she was already gone for the day. I will call her until she is just sick of hearing tha name Stacy! lol I will be nice to her but if she is training this person than she had better have some good teaching skils, good manors and get some stuff done. I know she was so happy to get that help though. Im happy for her!! I will keep you uys updated... xoxoxoxox

savebygrace, it is gettting closer. and i think i got everything ready. i still got to go tuesday for my preop and to the day surgery for something. not sure what yet. but i got to be there at 11:30 then at dr.miles @ 2:00. i did go and buy some broth and a few other things last night. my wife was like thats what you are going to eat! lol i said yep. and then i got her to read my book on what i could have.

NMYDASH, i will do just that. my last day at work is next friday and then i will be out for 4-6 weeks.

oh and i will take any ideas or helpful info on things to do our buy before i go.

thanks everyone

I know about how much we or our ins co will pay for this surgery but how much do we have to pay to get some courtesy? I mean we are all frustrated with the way the office handles us. Let's remember that we are choosing to do business there and should not have to beg or grovel or stroke egos. It really pains me to read the last few posts about how neomi has been rude today. Why is she rude when she is training someone to help her? Shouldn't this put her in a better mood? Also, I hope that she is not passing the behaviors that we are complaining about on to her new assistant. I have stated before that I trust her professional knowledge but come on! I WILL NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO STEAL MY DIGNITY during this process! A health care professional should always show mercy and kindness PERIOD. See you guys tomorrow.:)

^^^^^^^^^

+1