Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Okay I just wanted to ask where is the weirdest place that you noticed losing?

Me - My earlobes....LOL - I had these weird earrings that I couldnt wear before cuz my earlobes were to fat and the post wouldnt go all the way through. Guess what! Now I wear them all the time...

Just thought it was neat!

That is funny, but true. I can tell a difference in my earlobes. Every time my husband puts his hand on my shoulder, he says "wow i can really feel you've lost a lot".

I've always put my big clothes away for future use, but not any more. Every time I put something on that's too big, it immediately goes in the give away bag. I've bought a few things, but not too much. Pretty soon what I do have is going to fall apart from being washed so much! As an added bonus, my closets and drawers are getting cleaned out and now I have tons of room:smile:

I thought I could make the December meeting, but I'll be in the Chelsea Christmas parade that day. Oh well, starting in January, y'all will see me there every month!

Hey, I hit the 50 lb. mark this morning. Seven more pounds and I'll be half way there!!! Nine more pounds and I'll be in "onederland"! You are all doing so great and for our newbies, the time has flown and it's been so much easier than I imagined. You'll fall off the wagon occasionally, but don't beat yourself up about it. Just climb back on and the pounds will start dropping off again.

Congrats on the new job, Shawna. I'm having a ball in my new career and keeping VERY busy. That's why I haven't been around much, but I am keeping tabs on all of you:sneaky:

I went today for my pre-op labs and appointment with Dr. Miles. I am starting to get excited and anxious but not nervous.

Hey this is the first time that I have posted but I read this link every day. I had my pre-op labs and appt with Dr Miles also yesterday. My surgery is Monday the 17th also...I'm excited but having a headache from the Protein thing. Good luck.

Congrats Diane! That is wonderful! Just think... 50 lbs gone forever!

Good luck Ethannme...you will do fine! I know how you feel though with the headaches. I get them from time to time now, but I think it's from not having cokes anymore.

cd, thats great. time will fly by our mine did.

2nd, i hope everything went well. im sure it did. and for waking up hungry not me. i was wanting something to drink. and when she gave me that apple juice i was drinking it like it went out of style. i even asked for more. lol

then i had to drink that nasty stuff for the x-rays. have fun with that. keep in touch you will do great.

diane, yes it feels great to get new clothes. i was so happy when i got in to a 3xl. i know thats still a big shirt but i havent been able to wear that size in along time. so it was nice.

Hey yall,,

Back home and walking around, trying to move the gas and I feel better standing. The surgery went well and I was kept in recovery an hour. I was up and walking within 20 minutes of being in recovery and when the nurse came back with Water for me to drink I had changed into my "normal" clothes.

So Far so good, If things stay this way this will be a very positive experience for me and I hope that this post helps encourage those that have surgery coming up.

:)

Hey yall,,

Back home and walking around, trying to move the gas and I feel better standing. The surgery went well and I was kept in recovery an hour. I was up and walking within 20 minutes of being in recovery and when the nurse came back with Water for me to drink I had changed into my "normal" clothes.

So Far so good, If things stay this way this will be a very positive experience for me and I hope that this post helps encourage those that have surgery coming up.

:thumbup:

Susan, keep a pillow handy. If you hold it against your stomach when you get up and down it will help. You'll probably be more sore today. But keep walking, you're doing great!

Susan, keep a pillow handy. If you hold it against your stomach when you get up and down it will help. You'll probably be more sore today. But keep walking, you're doing great!

Diane

You are so right about being a bit sore today. I just got up without a pillow and I think you have just given me great great advice. I have read some of your other posts and want to say thank you for always being encouraging. Every bit of support helps:thumbup:

Congratulations Di!! I am so happy for you!! I know you are sooo thrilled!! We will miss you at Support Group!! But we are in the south and Football comes first LOL!!

I had a little slower month and lost 4 lbs. I know a lot of it had to do with the stress of the job change and another is this dang PMS!!! I swear about 2 weeks prior I am starving all the time. I know that I am really full, but it is soooo hard to stay away from the kitchen.

Susan - Congratulations!! I think the 2nd day was my hardest, I was out driving by my 4th. liquid Tyleonol is awesome!

Looking forward to Saturday!!

=)

Shawna

Congratulations Di!! I am so happy for you!! I know you are sooo thrilled!! We will miss you at Support Group!! But we are in the south and Football comes first LOL!!

I had a little slower month and lost 4 lbs. I know a lot of it had to do with the stress of the job change and another is this dang PMS!!! I swear about 2 weeks prior I am starving all the time. I know that I am really full, but it is soooo hard to stay away from the kitchen.

Susan - Congratulations!! I think the 2nd day was my hardest, I was out driving by my 4th. Liquid Tyleonol is awesome!

Looking forward to Saturday!!

=)

Shawna

Shawna, I hope to be driving by the 4th day also. Hey girl, I know what you mean when you say PMS, I have PMDD so I always dread that time...its non stop cravings yadayadayada

I am hoping to come to the support group meeting this weekend but I am not real sure at this point. My grandmother fell last night after I got home from surgery so I will have to see how she is doing before I plan any road trip..

I dont know about the rest of you, but when I am up and walking I feel pretty good, but once I sit I feel the gas moving in my shoulders and chest. I think walking helps me move it to the burping road:drool:

I didn't really experience the gas pains, except for when I ate. I still do that now. I tell you what though, sneezing still hurts me!! LOL

I'm so proud of you 2nd....sounds like you are doing great! If you need anything let me know.

Talk to you all in a bit!

ok everyone how did todays meeting go?

im sorry i didnt get to make it. i was getting ready to go and my on call beeper went off. so i had to go to work. so yes i was mad that i missed this months meeting.

i love the overtime but but really was looking forward to coming to the meeting.

i went looking in the very back of my closet today and found some old pants and shirts that i haven worn in 8 years. yes i need to clean it out. and i can wear them again. im so happy for that. i dont know about ya'll but it feels so good to beable to wear old clothes that was smaller again.

and one more question you banders. i have noticed latey that i have been short temper and get mad alot faster since i have lost weight. i have had to tell my wife im sorry to many times. im hoping this dosent get worse. i feel bad being like that. the smallest thing just piss me off sometimes now. so if anyone has felt the sameway please let me know.

thanks

jason r

ok everyone how did todays meeting go?

im sorry i didnt get to make it. i was getting ready to go and my on call beeper went off. so i had to go to work. so yes i was mad that i missed this months meeting.

i love the overtime but but really was looking forward to coming to the meeting.

i went looking in the very back of my closet today and found some old pants and shirts that i haven worn in 8 years. yes i need to clean it out. and i can wear them again. im so happy for that. i dont know about ya'll but it feels so good to beable to wear old clothes that was smaller again.

and one more question you banders. i have noticed latey that i have been short temper and get mad alot faster since i have lost weight. i have had to tell my wife im sorry to many times. im hoping this dosent get worse. i feel bad being like that. the smallest thing just piss me off sometimes now. so if anyone has felt the sameway please let me know.

thanks

jason r

Jason-I'll have to admit that when you called me today and said you couldnt go I told Zach Jasons not going so neither am i-He was like YOU NEED TO GO-So I went and I am very glad that I did-I LEARNED alot today. I sat next to someone who is experiencing what I went thru with NO RESTRICTION So I was able to talk to her and I hope I helped her :thumbup:

But anyhow Veronica is that the nurses name that talks? She was very informative and very inspirational to me. (Oh and she noticed that you werent there!!!!) And Paul OMG I could not believe how much weight he has lost in such a short amount of time.....ANYHOW I hate that you missed it but I will def be attending more often I LOVED IT and it was exactly what I needed!!!

SO About those mood swings......what is your fat and carb intake like? If you decrease your fat and carb intake TOO much it can lead to increased irritability. These both are used to fuel the brain and when you restrict them too much is can result in drepression, irritability and poor concentration! You're body isnt used to getting little amounts of these as compared to before! Just look at your intake and if it is too low I would try to boost it some! You'll find a healthy balance :thumbup::teeth_smile:

CANT WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT MEETING!!!!!

Jason-I'll have to admit that when you called me today and said you couldnt go I told Zach Jasons not going so neither am i-He was like YOU NEED TO GO-So I went and I am very glad that I did-I LEARNED alot today. I sat next to someone who is experiencing what I went thru with NO RESTRICTION So I was able to talk to her and I hope I helped her :thumbup:

But anyhow Veronica is that the nurses name that talks? She was very informative and very inspirational to me. (Oh and she noticed that you werent there!!!!) And Paul OMG I could not believe how much weight he has lost in such a short amount of time.....ANYHOW I hate that you missed it but I will def be attending more often I LOVED IT and it was exactly what I needed!!!

SO About those mood swings......what is your fat and carb intake like? If you decrease your fat and carb intake TOO much it can lead to increased irritability. These both are used to fuel the brain and when you restrict them too much is can result in drepression, irritability and poor concentration! You're body isnt used to getting little amounts of these as compared to before! Just look at your intake and if it is too low I would try to boost it some! You'll find a healthy balance :thumbup::teeth_smile:

CANT WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT MEETING!!!!!

im glad you had a good time. :smile: and tell zach thanks for making you go. it helps me out when i go. that was the first one i missed since i was banded. and yes thats veroinca is the nurse that talks. and is is a go girl, never stops.

i have got to become freinds with alot of nice people from there. i look foward to seeing them every month. and catching up on things.

natilie's birthday is the 20th next month the sameday of the xmas party. and thats the day the meeting is. so its going to be a busy day. i think im going to need a kick in the butt before xmas to help me out.

and im taking in about 1000 cal's a day and my fat count is alot lower then it was before i got banded. so i will try to step it up a bit to see if that will help. thanks.

jason r

Hey Yall,

I didnt make the meeting but am looking forward to meeting you all soon:smile2:

Jason-I was wondering if your nutrition was in balance but another thing I had read about was some people going thru a grief process, the same thing you go thru when you lose a loved one, divorce... Its denial, anger, grief, acceptance..and one other factor but I cant remember now. I hear that breaking the relationship with food causes this and since I am only 3 days post op I have no experience with what you are talking about. Has anyone else ever heard of this, The grieving for your old friend food?

JASON-check out al racing scene I posted up about changing the date cuz thats a lot in 1 day and I'm sure you wanna Celebrate the baby's bday and I'm not missing the next meeting :thumbup: