Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

I have bcbs peehip and the first 90 days after surgery there are no copays. Also like Jason I don't payfor fills for the first year.

Also a week after my fill I called about getting a second fill asap. I was told that it was normal not have restriction after the first fill. Should I have pressed the issue?

Edited by Apple8<)
too many typos

I KNOW JASON!!! LOL Truth hurts doesnt it! LOL

Anyhow, my fills are not free for the first year. Actually my fills and md visits were only covered for the first so many days....I called the md's office I havent been paying bc I did overpay at least they're being honest I guess and not making me pay for my visit but you know if I had underpaid theyd be wanting their money now....so that kinda made me mad...oh well I'm sure I could ask for a refund but its nice not having to pay when you go to the md and at my rate I shouldnt have to pay for a very very long time!!

I KNOW JASON!!! LOL Truth hurts doesnt it! LOL

Anyhow, my fills are not free for the first year. Actually my fills and md visits were only covered for the first so many days....I called the md's office I havent been paying bc I did overpay at least they're being honest I guess and not making me pay for my visit but you know if I had underpaid theyd be wanting their money now....so that kinda made me mad...oh well I'm sure I could ask for a refund but its nice not having to pay when you go to the md and at my rate I shouldnt have to pay for a very very long time!!

put a tv in front of your treadmill. and walk why you watch your shows. that helps me out.

and with with the free fills for a year is included in the price of the surgery with dr miles and company. i dont know any other dr that does that.

i tried some choc. milk this morning and thats a no no. its to thick. so one more think not to buy.:blink:

Jason R,

Well its nice to meet you too on here. You sound like just the person I need around here to basically tell me like it is, Lord knows I need this and I like your honest no beat around the bush approach. I will not be going to the Nov 15 support group but I do plan to come to some of the others and hopefully will get to meet you and the others on here!

Take care and keep up the good work!:blink:

Hi Guys, Just wanted to check in with ya'll. If you don't know my first fill was last Wensday and I had been doing pretty good untill a few minutes ago..lol. I ate too fast and threw up..:ohmy: Up until today I have been doing so good with my portions and eating slow but when I got home from class I was starving(which was my first mistake) and then tried to eat too fast. Well I learned my lesson...besides that I am very happy with the way things are going. I weighed this morning and I'm down another 2 pounds so I am very excited about that. It makes 28 pounds since Sept 11. :) I am definately feeling some restriction now so I think I can really get focused on my weight loss. I wish I could come to support group but right now I have a Saturday class that last until 1:00 so I can't make it but my new school schedule starts after Thanksgiving so maybe I can start coming. I would love to meet all of you guys...:blink:

Oh yeah for those of you wanting to know about costs for the surgery...I just got my claim statement from BCBS for my surgery and it said I owed $744 and some change. I already gave them the $300 so I guess I only have to pay $444. I have not got the claim statement for my fill yet but I will post it when I get it. Oh and I have BCBS of AL PPO.

HI Snowflake,

If I am not mistaken, I was in the office with you waiting and we were all talking and you stated this was going to be your first fill. Well I am glad to see that it is going well for you. Keep up the good work and hope to see you at the support group meetings:thumbup:

JASON- I actually had Zach move the TV up there last week. So I am preparing.

Are you able to eat Breakfast at all? I cant usually-sometimes I have grits though with Protein Powder or just some milk. I'm surprised that choc milk bothered you :(

2nd, its nice to meet you to. telling people how it is, is the only way to go. we are all here for one thing, to lose weight. and i cant wait to meet you at one of the suppport group meetings.

kaninag, that was a good move on the tv. i cant eat much breakfast. at least until around 11am. i usually just get a pak of crackers and eat them. then i eat somethink small for lunch and then a small meal for dinner. but its not like that all the time. like today, i had alitle bit of chicken for lunch and just got done eating a hamburger. so thats all i had today. sometime i have to make myself eat. but i do keep Water with me at all times.

i found out its better for me to eat small meals then not eating until dinner time. if i wait then i over eat and hurt.

on a side note. i need to lose another 3 pounds by next saturday. i got on the scale today and it said i was 362. which make s me down by 39.5 pounds. if i can lose another 3 pounds by saturday then that will give me 11 pounds gone between support group meetings. i want to be down to 351 by xmas. thats my first mini goal.

OH Shawna I wish we could meet up and walk! It would take me awhile to get there. We might can meet in the middle!!

I have a question for you guys - I am running into a problem trying to find Snacks. I have been eating light string cheese, but that can only take you so far. Any suggestions would be great!

I'm so glad to see that you got a new job Shawna, what are you doing at UAB?

Talk to you guys soon!

April

For my morning snack, I have a few almonds and a string cheese. In the afternoon, I have a fat free pudding, which for some reason fills me up more than anything I eat. Maybe it's the time of day, I don't know. And I try to have about 4 ounces of Isopure a couple of times a day too for the Protein. I notice I lose faster when I get that extra protein in.

But, it is important to snack (carefully), so you're not so hungry and overeat at meal times.

2nd, its nice to meet you to. telling people how it is, is the only way to go. we are all here for one thing, to lose weight. and i cant wait to meet you at one of the suppport group meetings.

kaninag, that was a good move on the tv. i cant eat much breakfast. at least until around 11am. i usually just get a pak of crackers and eat them. then i eat somethink small for lunch and then a small meal for dinner. but its not like that all the time. like today, i had alitle bit of chicken for lunch and just got done eating a hamburger. so thats all i had today. sometime i have to make myself eat. but i do keep Water with me at all times.

i found out its better for me to eat small meals then not eating until dinner time. if i wait then i over eat and hurt.

on a side note. i need to lose another 3 pounds by next saturday. i got on the scale today and it said i was 362. which make s me down by 39.5 pounds. if i can lose another 3 pounds by saturday then that will give me 11 pounds gone between support group meetings. i want to be down to 351 by xmas. thats my first mini goal.

I bet you will be able to lose those 3 lbs by next Sat. Something in me tells me that You can do it:thumbup:

Welcome 2nd. You're being banded on my 31st birthday! I wish you the very best!!

Snacks for me haven't really been an option lately - due to added stress... I'm not hungry at all... which can be good and bad. BUT when I was snacking.. and I'm sure it'll come back sooner than I'd like lol.. I would choose bw the sf pudding, jr lunchable, 40 cal fudgebar or a pure Protein Bar. The candy bar has more calories in it that I should be consuming but it was the closest one to the 5 /15 requirement... and i think it has 17gm of Protein. As you can see... sweets are my weakness.

Breakfast is tough for me to. I normally will have a Protein Shake and that's it until lunch. Lunch this past week has been a south beach diet turkey meal. And then a reasonable dinner... actually loosing again! FINALLY!

Kan - like Jason said exercise is key! I have got to get back to it myself this week. Also - this is one of those don't do what I do, do what I say things haha - bc I don't do it as much as I should) keep a food journal. I was not aware of the amount of calories I was putting in until I started doing it.. same goes if you're not getting enough calories a day.

Glad to see everyone hanging in and doing well. I hope you all have a wonderful week!!

Kan - like Jason said exercise is key! I have got to get back to it myself this week. Also - this is one of those don't do what I do, do what I say things haha - bc I don't do it as much as I should) keep a food journal. I was not aware of the amount of calories I was putting in until I started doing it.. same goes if you're not getting enough calories a day.

I exercised today!!!!:rolleyes2::thumbup::D

I'm supposed to go back to my surgeon on the 19th----I REALLY want to put it off for like a week cuz I know Im gonna get a kick in my behind. But I'm working on it so thanks everyone!!! OH SAVEDBYGRACE-I keep a food journal online www.myfitnesspal.com its a really easy website to use. but I have found that overconsuming is not my problem in fact I average about 1000 on my calories everyday. I think I consumed almost 1200 once. Its around 900 give or take depending on your size that your body goes into starvation mode. But anyhow my prob is just being lazy. But they have tickers and theyre own little forum. So hope that helps!

thanks 2nd! im trying to. i went to the gym today and going to try and go twice on tuesday. and hope fully 2 more time before saturday.

Hi everyone!

It's great to go back and read all of the posts over the weekend. I weighted yesterday and I was down another 5lbs, making my total 13 since the 27th. Thank you all for the snack updates, since I haven't had my first fill yet, it's hard to keep myself from being really hungry between meals. I have to admit, this was my first weekend since my surgery and I didn't stick to my Protein requirements like I did during the week. I have also been eating the mini chocolate bars my kids got at Halloween. Geesh! I want to just kick myself in the hind end! OH I did something really bad though, I cleaned up my daughters room today and my port incision(?) started bleeding. I think I might have over done it too soon. :D I had to sit for awhile, but since I am at home I can't seem to sit still. I really wish I could start "beefing" up my excerise program, but Dr. Miles said 'no'. Oh well, my first fill is coming up on 12/9 ~~ so let's hope that will help curb my hunger!

Glad to see everyone is doing so well! Just keep good thoughts 2ndChances...and stick with us! All of us will tell you like it is! :rolleyes2:

Hi everyone!

It's great to go back and read all of the posts over the weekend. I weighted yesterday and I was down another 5lbs, making my total 13 since the 27th. Thank you all for the snack updates, since I haven't had my first fill yet, it's hard to keep myself from being really hungry between meals. I have to admit, this was my first weekend since my surgery and I didn't stick to my Protein requirements like I did during the week. I have also been eating the mini chocolate bars my kids got at Halloween. Geesh! I want to just kick myself in the hind end! OH I did something really bad though, I cleaned up my daughters room today and my port incision(?) started bleeding. I think I might have over done it too soon. :eek: I had to sit for awhile, but since I am at home I can't seem to sit still. I really wish I could start "beefing" up my excerise program, but Dr. Miles said 'no'. Oh well, my first fill is coming up on 12/9 ~~ so let's hope that will help curb my hunger!

Glad to see everyone is doing so well! Just keep good thoughts 2ndChances...and stick with us! All of us will tell you like it is! :thumbup:

Alabamagirl,

Hello and big smiles! I was reading about your chocolate affair and it seems you are overdoing it a bit...I thought I need to sic Jason on you:sneaky: He seems pretty good at keeping one on the straigt and narrow. But Hey, I know that you and he will at some point be telling me like it is. Well Wednesday is creeping up on me and I am getting excited and still a bit nervous about the surgery:sad: So all yall keep me in your prayers and keep up the encouragement:thumbup: