Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I must say I am pretty happy

Today is my six month anniversary....six whole months ago to this hour I was recovering in a bed in the surgery suite....wondering what the future would hold.

I had my six month checkup yesterday, and although on one hand I am proud as hell of my accomplishment, it is truly sad that it had to get to the point that it did and took surgical intervention to turn around.

In the last six months, I have lost a total of 142 pounds. I finally went out two weeks ago and bought all new clothes because the pants I had were a good 8 inches too big around the waist. I am almost at the haflway point and realize it is going to get harder as time goes on and I get closer to goal, but I have sustained a lifestyle change and it is second nature now.

I will say, as a celebration..and this is really the first time in six months I have done this....I had a small DQ blizzard last night to reward myself....it was truthfully very sweet tasting and the aftertaste was nasty. I don't think I will be doing that again...at least not for another six months.

The scale is a good thing to see, but it was never about the scale for me. In the last six months, I have came off my diabetes medicine completely and have also went from two to one blood pressure medicine....hopefully to be off the second one in the next two months.

Life is good.....life it hard and enjoy it folks!

dab

Today is my six month anniversary....six whole months ago to this hour I was recovering in a bed in the surgery suite....wondering what the future would hold.

I had my six month checkup yesterday, and although on one hand I am proud as hell of my accomplishment, it is truly sad that it had to get to the point that it did and took surgical intervention to turn around.

In the last six months, I have lost a total of 142 pounds. I finally went out two weeks ago and bought all new clothes because the pants I had were a good 8 inches too big around the waist. I am almost at the haflway point and realize it is going to get harder as time goes on and I get closer to goal, but I have sustained a lifestyle change and it is second nature now.

I will say, as a celebration..and this is really the first time in six months I have done this....I had a small DQ blizzard last night to reward myself....it was truthfully very sweet tasting and the aftertaste was nasty. I don't think I will be doing that again...at least not for another six months.

The scale is a good thing to see, but it was never about the scale for me. In the last six months, I have came off my diabetes medicine completely and have also went from two to one blood pressure medicine....hopefully to be off the second one in the next two months.

dab

Good for you, Dab. I love your statement that you made about your lifestyle change and that now it is second nature. You should be so proud of your accomplishments. With your attitude, you should have no trouble reaching your goal. I wish for you another successful six months for whatever it takes to reach what you are striving for. Thanks for sharing your story

That is so awesome! I'm very excited for you!! What an accomplishment in such a short time :-) You deserve that blizzard! and, it is true how funny things taste when you haven't had them in so long... isn't it. lol

Great job!

Good luck with your future weight loss and getting healthy.

I also was started about the same size as you 550# banded 7weeks down 90# keep it going one day at a time we all will win the battle.

The best thing about successful weight loss is the way we can finally feel proud of ourselves rather than ashamed. Congratulations on your outstanding success, and keep us posted throughout the next six months!

dab

Congratulations Dab!!!!! 142 in 6 months is amazing!!:biggrin::thumbup:

keep up the great job....:smile:

Dab:

Awesome job! Please tell me what you've been doing for activity - besides not eating much!

Congratulations. I don't even know you and I am proud of you.

Sue

Thanks to all. I appreciate the props....but like I said, and I hope you understand this, it is hard for me to take compliments because I have lost weight on my own in the past, like 170 pounds, only to gain 200 back. I know this is a lifestyle change and will be something I am successful with the rest of my life....but I am pretty embarassed that it got to that in the first part....people don't understand why I am not ecstatic. I want to be, and will be in no time I think....but I still have to think of it as work in progress at this point.

Sue Maggoo - To be honest....I have neglected the exercise for the most part. I was pretty much better by October, and I hunt a bunch in the fall - so October, November, December and most of January was either spent in the woods or wading through muck and mud...but since about January 26th....I haven't done a good job. I want to get in a groove in the next two weeks and get something going at least three days per week...just kind of need a push. I was losing more than 15 pounds per month and two months ago it went to 13 and last month was 12....so I need to kick it in the butt to increase metabolism to pick back up.....actually I would be happy with 12 pounds a month...but extra satisfied with 15 pounds per month for the next 12 months.

Thanks again to all. Good luck to each of you in your weight loss as well.

dab

That is so awesome!! This is so inspiring for those of us who are just beginning this journey Thanks for sharing!!