Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

#1 Worry-Stop Thinking Just DO IT

So Spring is in the air, you can actually smell it.;-) After much debate & prayer I have decided to go for the band. I'm hoping my insurance gives me an answer tomorrow as they have promised. I started the liquid phase this morning."Steping out on faith."

Had huge energy this morning as I drank my Breakfast & began purging, the kitchen that is; First the junk drawer- no more need for all those pizza coupons & restaurant menus (at least for the next 4+ mnths) out they go! Went to the frig. which is filled now only w/milk,yogart,diet coke,Fruit 2/o Water & Condiments. Next cupboards-all temptations in the trash. Lastly all the old Vitamins & the like: Gone is the Flax seed oil,St.John wort,Acti-zyme supplements, Chromium GFT,Apple Pectin,Omega-#3,ginseng & Complex B&C, & tons of diet aids --Many have been expired & most all I won't be able to take in pill form after the band- so out they went.

My biggest worry I figured out this weekend was really only one thing. I LOVE TO EAT. I was worried about not being able to pig out anymore after the band or simply eat till I felt content. Or socialize & feel normal w/out complications from the band. I know that is the WHOLE POINT, too not be able to pig out, but seriously that was my underling worry. Silly Huh? I didn't know that was preventing me from my decision till I went grocery shopping yesterday. All I thought of was food & meals & what I could fill up on the most. I knew I was there for my liquid phase stuff but all these other thoughts filled my head. I am Sick. Literally-emotionally. I am also tried of that being my goal through out the day-what will I fill up on next instead of enjoying the day & activities. What an eye opener - I know most all of you already got this part but for me it hadn't hit yet. So I said quietly & calmly to myself "You start Tomorrow. Today you'll prepare & thats it." I didn't make a huge deal of it (no grand start like most diets) just said softly-ok go drink your breakfast & thats it. I usually would have had charts made out w/colored tags & smiley faces saying "You can Do it" but this time NO Spectacular event, just a new day & a new start.

As to the show "Biggest Loser" - I called & left my # w/Debbie who's niece is dating the producer. Turns out Deb was supposed to tell me back in Nov- But got busy & just told me now, so who know if they still need people. I'll meet the guy if & when its possible but I'm not holding my life up any longer.

This morning I took measurements & my weight & placed this post. So to those of you in the weight loss challenge-LOOK OUT, I see a big loss coming my way;0)

Thank you all For caring & your support

Christina

psalms 118:8

"It is better to put trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."

Congratulations on making your decision, Christina. One of the hardest things about getting banded (or not) is the moment of choice. I forget -- do you have a surgery date? Sounds like you are going to kick our butts in the weightloss challenge!

Christina~ I think you have made the best desicion you could ever make. I commend you for getting rid of all those temptations in the kitchen . Wow what a great start! You can do this and you will have great success. you have found what the problem was and fought it and WON!!!! You are now in control,and as soon as you feel you are getting out of control again your band will be there to save you. Congratulations and I hope you hear from Ins. soon.Good Luck Girl!!!!!

Congratulations on your decision. I know it isnt easy. Good luck with your insurance co!!!

Patty

Christina~ I am so sorry you got denied. I really wish I had good advice for you on the appeal process but I don't . I hope some one can give you some helpful advice.

I just feel so awful for you and I wanted to say don't let this get you down girl. This does not mean you will not get your band. You just might have to fight a little longer to get it. I feel like you know who to go too and that is God in your prayers as I know you have already.Continue to pray and things will work out for your good. I am sending great big (((HUGS))))) your way and please don't lose faith!!!! You will SUCCEED!!!!!! Love you girl and I'm here for you!!! (((((HUGS)))))))

Christina, fight the insurance company. I was denied, appealed, and got my band. You can do it! Did they give you any reasons for denial?

Christina, your ordeal is even exhausting me. Deep breathe, stay strong. YOU WILL SUCCEED. There, now you don't need a sticky saying it. And I'm sorry to laugh after you already posted that you were denied, but that list of vites and diet aids in your cabinet (now in the trash) was pretty funny considering I've tried all the same junk. Please keep it in the trash, and don't give up. I've actually considered standing on the corner with a cardboard sign, "NEED MONEY TO PAY FOR WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY." There are many options!

Christina

i was so glad to read your opening post...and then so sorry to see that you're going to be delayed. Nevertheless, let me say, I totally totally hear you when you say you're scared about the loss you think you're going to experience. i was EXACTLY the same. food was one of the most important relationships in my life. What was I going to do with it? it was like I went into mourning. But, you know what, I don't feel in the slightest deprived. I feel totally satisfied on a much smaller amount of food. My problem is getting rid of the guilt I associate with feeling full. I have to go and add up my calories on Fitday.com just so I believe that I am eating about 1000 cals a day! Can't be possible, can it?

After all that, I so hope you find a way through this little hold-up.

Christina, fight the insurance company. I was denied, appealed, and got my band. You can do it! Did they give you any reasons for denial?

First let me say-HOLY CRap! again-thanks need that to get out . What a rollercoaster. !st I finally make peace with my decision. Than 2nd I am denied & 3rd aunt flow visits unexpectedly. HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP -I HATE TODAY! Ok I'm through.

Second I want to say- Thanks all!- Delarla, you made me laugh with the sign deal. Scotty, that great news to hear about the satisifaction part.(I feel you & i are so very similar).

The insurance jerks say its 3 things- one that my BMI ratio is not something or another.Ratio whats ration its 39 & fricken counting!! Two, they said that there was no recorded weight loss this past year that was supervised by a physician. Of course there wasn't-I HAD NO INSURANCE & Never went to a doctor!! Thirdly they said there was a ?? as to my psych eval. Well I spoke w/my psch Doc a moment ago & she said & I quote"What the HELL!" She said she would call over there asap & ask for a reason that I fell into 2/3rds the majority of evaluations & that i was fine if not GREAT for being a candiate. I also called the PCP & the BAND Doc & asked that they both call BC/BS network for answers. I did lie & say that the insurance CO Said that if they called & spoke w/the decision makers that they would maybe over turn it;0) We will see- At least I go one Doc calling & hopefully by the end of the week the other two will call. I don't want to wait & am trying to keep my March 29th date. I'll keep you posted & thanks for the support! GGGGGRRRRRRR! I'm so angry!

Keep raising hell, Christina! Lots of people here (like Marie) have appealed and succeeded. The insurance company is just trying to save a few bucks. It's cheaper for them to demand that you go to Jenny Craig for a year (on your own dime, of course) than to shell out for surgery. They're probably hoping that if you still want the band in another year, you'll have different insurance so they still won't have to pay.

I think the Insurance forum (see "Forum Jump" below) is full of tips from people who have appealed the initial denial, including sample form letters. You might get some good ideas there. Meanwhile, it's great to know you have a psychologist on your side. And, of course, you have everybody here rooting for you. Kick some ass and get that band!

The Blue Cross/Bull S*** network denied me, too. The wouldn't pay 15 grand for the band but they paid over 30 grand for my port removal. Brilliant.

I don't blame you for being upset, you certainly have been on a roller coaster! Hopefully the Doctors calling will get a different response. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that everything turns out great for you. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Christina, I hope that the Drs. calling will do the trick for you. I feel so bad that you were denied!!! You have had quite the crappy day!!!

Patty

I