Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you vomit/PB?

How often do you vomit/PB?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you vomit/PB?

• 3+ times daily
    • Daily
    • A few times a week
    • Never

I've had 2 small fills since my unfill & believe I am at great spot right now without the complications.

I'm glad I did it.

At first I used to PB often, as I've gotten to know my band and its limits, I can't even remember the last time I PB'd :thumbup:

i had my Gall bladder out in Dec. In Feb-March, my band was too tight- PB'd a lot. they took out most of the previous fill but no more vomtting!!! Bad news is i gained weight.

I posted never only because Im on clear liquid plus my shakes. I dont think its poss for me to pb yet!

I had my band unfilled yesterday as they found out it had slipped. The throwing up will take it's toll on your band. I really think I had been slipped for quite some time. I would have some fill taken out and it would be fine for a while and then just gradually keep getting tighter over the next few weeks, have more removed and the same thing.

They did a fluoro and the band was almost towards the bottom of the stomach and the pouch was very large. Then removed all the fill and did another fluoro and everything was back to where it's supposed to be, maybe just at not the right angle. So they want to go back in and reposition it and restitch it. So quick outpatient surgery. But when it finally reached its worst point the throwing up was out of control, ice chips wouldn't even go down, to the point of throwing up nothing but blood the last eight hours. This started last Sunday and Thursday morning finally went to ER. In my mind I kept thinking it would pass. So my recommendation is to avoid as much as possible the throwing up. Clearly if you're having it fairly frequent then the band is too tight. So I will have a month to up my exercise and at least try to eat healthy. When the band is too tight, you really have very few food choices and not always the healthiest. Ice cream always went down well...lol

Not disheartened at all. I just know I'm going to be more aware of my body and the restriction tightness.

Trisha

I am going to post this in as many places possible....I found out on June 9th that I slipped. I do not throw up even once a week, but once every two or three weeks....my Dr. wants to do surgery....I am going to have it done in about six weeks, if I can wait that long.....if I had one thing to warn people of it would be if you have never had acid reflux (me) and all of a sudden developed it do a swallow test....acid reflux was really my only symptom...fyi it went away as soon as I had my unfill even with slippage........hope this helps someone..........

I didn't have the reflux until the last week when everything was getting blocked. But surgeon did tell me that to really try to be cognizant of abnormal changes in kinds of foods that I can't eat. The last few months, it would change on a daily basis...like one day I could eat cream of wheat and the next day I couldn't. He said there will always be certain foods for certain folks that don't agree with them, but it shouldn't change expecially for slider foods drastically. Once the fill was removed, my band popped back up into its proper position. So they're hoping it's just the stitches that have come loose and that the band is all okay.

good luck!!

Trisha

Me too. After a year I finally got enough fill to feel restriction. The good news, I'm losing. The bad news, I have to really be careful not to let something go down that might get stuck or cause me to throw up with the "slime" thing (is this what everyone means by PB?). Anyway, I find three things make a difference: 1) never talk while you are eating, 2) chew like a maniac, 3) take the skin off everything...cucumbers, tomatoes, apples, and especially meat.< /p>

A benefit to these strategies is that I eat so slowly that I would never take seconds even if I were still hungry. I usually don't finish everything I have put on my plate.

I also am over-filled. Been this way for months now. Other medical issues and my stubborness are to blame. It got so bad that I truly thought I was having a heart attack and ended up spending the night in the cardiac ward of the hospital. Ultimately my heart is golden and my band is too tight. On my way to the doctor this morning to have some fill removed and do a barium swallow to check things out. I'm hoping I can get back on track with my eating and get back to losing weight.

I have a 10 cc band and i am up to 8 cc. I wish i had more restriction like at the beginning. I pb 2-3 times a week. My fault, Not chewing good enough or eating too fast or eating too early. I have to admit I want desperately to have the sweet spot everyone talks about. I got banded 6/5/07. Have not lost 1 lb since dec 07. had another 1/2 cc in jan 08 still no weight loss. I hate to admit it but I am going back next monday for another fill. Honestly, I do not care if I cannot eat, I do not care if I PB daily. I hardly eat now as it is and not even 1 lb since dec. NO WAY. I am going to suck it up and get out of this plateau.

That's what I thought and boy, was I wrong!!!! :wub: I have spent months at too tight and now have GERD so bad that the symptoms mimicked a heart attack. The pain was so bad I can't describe it. DON'T GO ON BEING OVERFILLED - it really is bad news and you really won't lose in this state. Best of luck! Eat in the bandster way and you'll start losing again.

Ok an addendum to any other post on this thread....

I Only PB or vomit when I am stressed. Occasionally I eat too quickly when I am extra hungry and it will happen too, howevr that is extremely rare.

I have only 5.75 cc in my band.

It appears that I only have problems in the evening... dinner.... only when DH is home... day time I wait for him to leave for work before I eat Breakfast and all is well.

I am on the eve of this relationship and I have come to the realization that this is just another thing it is doing to me. That and I am at a standstill. I think once I break away I will lose that last 20 perhaps more.

I am trying to finish my schooling first... Feb 11 since I am not working. It gets increasing more difficult to hang on. I do know it is in my best interest to do that though.

Since my last fill, I have been vomiting almost daily. I finally have the restriction others have been talking about for months. I'm just wondering how often you all vomit. Is there a learning curve or will I be doing this forever?

Be carefully will the vomiting, I did it for months, lost lots of weight. But it caused my band to slip and had to have it fixed.

I am glad I found this post - I have been having issues since my last fill almost 3 weeks ago. Almost every time I eat it comes back up. Only had .4 cc put in last time and I actually didnt think I needed anything added but I let them decide. I will be calling tomorrow to schedule a slight unfill.

Anymore, I consider a day of no vomiting to be a very good day. I get 1-2 of those a week. Mostly, I know I sholdn't eat before mid-afternoon, but try it anyway and then regret it. I worry I will cause my band to slip, but it is so hard to convince myself not to eat! And sometimes I am even genuinely hungry. It doesn't seem to be about quantity it is more about my tummy not accepting the food. One or two bites might make me vomit 3 times over the next hour until every bit is gone. And, it is a miserable, slimy hour at that.

I am in desperate need of help, I had a fill on Sat. And I was doing great with everything, in past year I have lost about 125 pounds. Surgery on may 3,2010. My problem is lately I feel very fat....and I am making myself throw up. I know this is bad, and this time I am in deep trouble. I know now I have inflamed my esophagus, and I am constipatated. I am not even eating so I am throwing up just "bile"....my problem is I started a new job this past monday, and I am in training, if I miss work, I could be terminated. I have no insurance yet, so I cant go to ER

Help