Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Want My Band Removed Now!!!!!

ok.. I've read all this.. and I was SOOOOO there just a few weeks back.. Girl, hang in there, you're gonna be fine.. Your decision is yours, but make it be the right one.

Stay focused, review your own questions and find your answers... No matter what, support is here.. I read it daily, good or bad...

remember to breathe!!!

I just find it amazing that everyone who read just a couple posts by the thread originator seem to know exactly what she needs. From this thread, everyone seems to be doctors.

While I'm not looking to tear anyone down for sharing their 2 cents, I think we should be more thoughtful about what we post. Sharing an experience or giving advice is extremely helpful and very much appreciated by many who read the post. I just have felt that from the beginning of this thread many just posted to attack her, and I have felt the need to defend her and her right to feel the way she does. Just because we're online doesn't mean there's not a person behind the screen.

Maybe some people are just more sensitive than others~~due to personal experiences in their past perhaps?~

I also found nothing threatening or "yelling".

I think we simply want to keep her from making a potentially life threatening mistake.

Those statistics are accurate and necessary.Any WL group will verify this.

Apparently some people don t go through enough other options .For some of us -this was an end stage hope.A last chance.

20 plus years earlier I was just like you. I thought I could do it on my own and I was happy with my life as I knew. I am waiting for my band on Apr10. It is a very long emotional journey to get to where u need to be to take this huge step. Sadly you took the leap without hte baby steps brfore hand. The best thing for you now is to talk to your dac and get yourself into a good support group and if possible some therapy. I thought my life would be ok til about 10 yrs ago when my health went to pieces in ahurry. now 9 major abdominal surgeries later I know I have to do this or not possibliy not see much more life. Step back a minute take time to think about how you felt about yourself that led you to make this decision. The band won't change the way you see yourself. I'm assuming you have always been overwieght umlike many bandsters who want to be thin again. Probably the scariest thing for me is I don't know what a thin life is. Will I still be me will my life be the same, better worse but for me I know I will be healthier. I'm sure you're thinking but I am now just as I did but statistics prove what will likely happen to you in the future and the results are not good. Even if you don't get the fill etc don't give up now talk to your doc get in a group(you'llbe surprised at howmany felt like you) even the stess of the surgery can impair your thought processes. Give it time, get the help& info you need before you make this huge decision.

I'm waiting for my surgery date, and find all these comments helpful. I have not changed my mind, but its given me (and others I'm sure) a lot to think about before the big day.

About one's "tone of voice" not being able to show with a typed

message. I have a dry sense of humor, and am always having to explain myself!!

I agree that her Drs should have shown more responsibility in being sure she was ready for this.

At 3 months, OP will feel different, if not for the weight loss she's accomplished, but the actual physical, emotional, and hormonal changes that come with it. (Coming from my many yo-yo experiences!) I say, quit obsessing about it. There is nothing you can do anyway until 3 months post op. At that point, re-assess everything. Best of luck.

I

Yaz. Are you feeling better and what did you decide about your lapand removal?

I decided to leave the band in but wont get a fill for now :wub:

Hi Yazmin,

I'm getting banded next month and have been second guessing my decision for a few months now. I have a feeling I'll feel like you did that first week and I'm very nervous about that. Are you feeling different now that you're eating more and the pain is going away?

oh, yaz, i am so glad you are going to give it a try!!

i hope this is right for you!!!

best of luck!

I've had a lot of challenges with the band, but I think I can offer you some support.

I think what you are experiencing is normal. RIght after my surgery, I could not eat more than 1 6oz yogurt and it took me all day to eat it. I got through it by drinking apple juice mixed with Water.< /p>

By the end of my first month, I could eat exactly the same way I did pre-banded. I had no restriction at all after the swelling went down. I hope you start feeling better soon.

I am happy she is keeping it for now too. If she never gets a fill, it will be like it's not even there. She can always get a fill some time down the road.

AthinnerDenise,

Is it true that if you don't have a fill, you can pretty much eat as much as you use to or do things get stuck? I havn't been banded yet.

Hi Yaz,

22 is so young! check out most of the ages of all the great replys. These people talk from experience!

I'm 39 and WOW how things have changed since I was 22!

Keep the band in, the battle just gets harder the older you get (Dammit, my Mom WAS right)

I will be banded April 30th and I KNOW I am going to regret it for a while. I am pre-warning my husband!

AthinnerDenise,

Is it true that if you don't have a fill, you can pretty much eat as much as you use to or do things get stuck? I havn't been banded yet.

There are some people who experience some restriction without any fill.

I know a couple people here who have never had a fill and are losing well.

For me, during the time that I was waiting for my first fill, I could not tell

that I had a band. Now, even with a very good fill, I can eat anything I want

as long as I chew very well.