Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Prayers needed

Hello everyone,

I have never posted on this thread before but thought I could come here for some help. I am being banded on March 14th, 2008. I have decided to only share this with my husband. Normally, I would have the prayers of family and friends going into surgery that day, but I don't this time so I am here to ask for some prayers. I have 2 little boys and I am basically doing this for them, but I sometime feel like what if something happens and I made a huge mistake? So I am asking you to please say a prayer for me for my surgery. Thank you!

You are in my prayers HazelEyes. This is a great place for all kinds of support. I've entered your surgery date into my calendar so I won't forget

you have my prayers and you will have no problems it was the easiest sugery I've ever had. In at 10 am and surgery at 12.00 noon and home at 6.00 pm...with little pain...more pain from the tube in my throat...YOU WILL BE GREAT !!! But I wil ask the lord to look after you ....banded feb 22,08 down 11 1bs YIPEE:thumbup:

Hazel...got you wrote in on a post-it on my computer for the 14th. Take some time for yourself b/4 your surgery. Get rested up, go for lunch with a friend, get a manicure, etc. Good luck and God bless

Thanks you all for your prayers...I really appreciate it!

HazelEyes

You are in my prayers. Take it from a person that has been through this surgery TWICE, you will be just fine. I am 4 days out and doing great. We all had the same emotions like am I doing the right thing, etc. Always remember this... "Heal me, O Lord, and I WILL BE HEALED; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise." Jeremiah 17:14

In Christ,

Just letting you know that all that you are feeling right now is normal...Trust that God will lead you the right direction, and know that we are praying for your quick recovery, and for your success and health. God wants the best for you, take peace in that always. Much love, Sue----Everything gets better from here! I'll be thinking of you Friday morning! :huh2:

Thank you all very much. I am very nervous but it will soon be over. I appreciate your support.

Hazel-Eyes

I have marked my calendar to remember to pray for you on Thursday. We, your "secret" brothers and sisters will stand in the gap for your friends and family at home.:drool:

God Bless!

By now it should all be done---just letting you know prayers are being sent up for you, and we are thinking about you. I wish you the very best!! Hang in there thru the first few weeks, it's not easy, but so very worth it! Congratulations!! Let me know if you need anything!

Blessings,

Sue

Thank you all for all of your support. It was defintely hard with only my husband supporting me for this so I am very grateful that I have all of you saying a little prayer for me on Friday! I am starting to feel better and I am hoping I transition well into my new lifestyle. Yesterday when my husband and kids were having dinner I was wondering what I did to myself but I am staying positive and remembering that this will all be worth it. Thank you!

I didn't know this thread was here. Boy do I need this. I am scheduled to be banded on Easter Monday, March 24, 2008. I have to be at the hospital at 9:00 am and my surgery is at 11:00 (kind of like going to the airport). I'm joking, but I am terrified. I am a single parent of a five year old. I am the only parent my baby has. This is why I decided against gastric bypass four years ago. It was just not worth the risk. I know that lab band is soooo much safer and that my doctor is very good and teaches other surgeons how to perform this procedure. Still I am nervous. My stomach is doing flips. My heart is pounding. I need this procedure, but more than anything I need to be here for my baby. Please pray for me. Please.