Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self Pays -- How much did you pay?

It is costing me $10000 all I have to do is pay $5000 up front and the rest is divided into $208 dollars a month for the next 2 years 0% intrest you can't beat that but of course that doesn't include the shakes BTW $300 and psyc evaluation was $150. I think it a good deal :lol:

I think the surgeons fee is awfully expensive. I've seen them range from 2800-4500 for the surgeons fee, but then they added a "assistant surgeon fee" too. The hospital charge is a little much too.

The surgeon I'm looking at has self pay pricing as follows:

Initial office consult $175

Registered dietition consult $50

Pre-op office visit $150

Pre-op testing/evaluations varies

Surgeon fee $7,500 (that's a $2,500 discount)

Assistant Surgeon Fee $350

Hospitle charge $12,500

Anesthesia charge $975

Which comes out to a whopping $21,550

That's for lap-band.

Okay. So why is my Dr. so much more than others? Mine is Dr. Hart in Atlanta.

I am going to have to pay for the band myself. I just want to get an idea of what others are paying in other parts of the US. Also, please give me your dr.s name.

In my area, Charlotte, NC, Dr. Voellinger charges about $16K for the surgery and a year of fills. He also charges a $200 application fee and another $1200 for nutrition, psych eval & body fat composition test which are all mandatory. CMC Charlotte charges $15K for everything and year of fills and they seem to be just as good. However, my BMI is not high enough for them.

I am also considering a Dr. in South Africa, Dr Constantinos Sofianos. drsofianos@iafrica.com Obesity Unit South Africa holistic approach to management of Obesity. They charge about $10,000 USD. I will be getting more info. in the next few weeks when I visit.

Thanks for the info!!!

I am in California. A very well regarded surgeon I consulted does not take Medicare. He was "running a special" when I talked to his office, for $16,000 for the surgery, all adjustments and providing facilities for a live support group. I can't recall his name but his business is under LapBandVIP.com