Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Good morning fellow April Avengers! I hope you are all well. I'm feeling better today as I feel I'm finally back on track. I had to go back to LapBand 101 rules. I had totally gotten away from those rules. I went to the grocery store yesterday and stocked up on good Protein and salad. Retraining myself to chew well and eat slowly. Since I had 1/4 cc taken out I've been able to eat pretty much whatever I wanted. So, I've taken the steps to avoid weight gain by getting my rear in gear!!

I've also noticed the last few days that my stomach was really hurting and growling. It was like the worst hunger pains ever. They were so bad that they made me sick to my stomach. I felt like that right after surgery if I let my stomach get too empty. I finally figured out that I wasn't eating enough good protein and was having way too many carbs which left me hungry much too soon. Now that I've gone back to the "rules", it's much better. I also think part of the problem was not drinking enough Water and I was getting dehydrated.

I go back in two weeks to have my 1/4 cc put back in. So in the mean time it's going to have to be up to me to do what I know I need to do. By that time school will be back in session for all of us and I do so much better with a regular routine. It's been a nice relaxing summer, but I'm so ready to get back into the swing of things. Anyway, I hope you are all doing well. I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts and am glad we are all here to support each other. Have a great day!!!

Leslie - Where did you get the download for your MP3 player for the couch to 5K routine? I looked on Cool Running and didn't see it. It's probably right in front of me. :thumbup: Thanks!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Bea - I actually like the podcast for this one the best:

Podrunner: Intervals - Free Workout Music for 5K Training

Here's another:

Podcasts

I've had to increase my Protein lately too and Water. I got away from logging everything and have got to get back to that. I've done better with my water intake this week. It's so easy to slip back to our old selves. I think one of the reasons I've plateaued again is my water intake. I think I've been dehydrated. My band definately responds differently depending on hydration.

Thanks Leslie! I'll check those out. I've got to get back on the treadmill and I'm hoping doing something new will help my motivation or more properly stated, my lack of motivation. :wink2:

Well, I'm off to the gym today. It is my first time back in the gym in almost 3 years! I am so nervous but hopefully this will cause a kick start to my losing again. Glad to see everyone doing so good!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Way to go momof5! I hope you enjoy your workout. I didn't at first, but oddly I am enjoying it now. Hoping it'll help you over your plateau too.

Hello all!

Once again, it was weigh in time at Jenny Craig --- and ta-da! I'm at 239.8, down from 243.4 last week. I am SO excited that I've finally hit a sweet spot with my band. My goal this week is to be 236 when I go back - and a goal of saying GOODBYE to the 230's by the end of August.

I have my next fill scheduled for September 18th, so hopefully the doctor will be much more impressed this time. :tongue_smilie:

Hope all is well with everyone!

Thanks for the encouragment! I've gone three days in a row and do plan to go again tomorrow. I actually worked out for an hour all three days which used to be so daunting but I actually enjoyed it. With the kids gone it was my time! Now I just want to see the scale move...my goal for the month of August is to get under 200. Only 6lbs to go!!!

Way to go Nurse - keep up the good work!!! Looks like we're in the 6lb club for August...we can do it!!!!

Wow MOM--

I'm feeling so jealous of you all that have the bug to exercise! I just don't seem to have the energy or motivation to do that. It seems so HARD!!! and sweaty. and HARD!!!!

How did you girls get started? I hate to lift weights and once I'm showered for the day, I seem to lose interest in getting 'yucky' and GOD FORBID I get up early in the morning and do it BEFORE I shower! Don't I sound ridiculous???? How can I break this vicious cycle???

~C

I was the same way. I started walking every morning but then the weather got too hot and so did I and out went the excercise. But I missed it. I found that if I got up and did it before I showered, it was easier and started my day with a feeling of accomplishment. That helped me stay focused the rest of the day.

To get started, find something you like and just do it. My Dr. told me that if you can do it for 5 days in a row it will start a habit. IT DID!

I get a great tv channel, FITtv. It has all kinds of workouts that I do and they change daily so I can change with them or record the ones I like best. Also, I love me mini-tramp. I put it in front of the tv and bounce while watching shows.

Just get moving! You can do it!

HI

I too wish I could get into exercise machines, etc. Right now it's OK since our weather in Wisconsin has been wonderful = not too hot, not too cold. I walk to work every day and most days walk at night too. But getting up early to work out (I already get up at 0530) seems way too early. I'm hoping to start working out at a local school fitness center in winter in the evenigns- but that will be a whole new thing for me. I've tried a exercise bike in the past and got bored within a week! Not sure what I'll do for exercise when there's ice and snow....just want to bundle up in front of the fireplace then. Hoping to maybe use a treadmilll with iPod... I know if I don't keep exercising, the weight will catch up to me again...

I wish they'd hurry up and find my sweet spot. Could anyone tell me how they felt and what they could or couldn't eat once they got their sweet spot. I have lost about 30 pounds since being banded on 4-8-08 and since then my weight has been stuck. I need some suggestions. HELP :) PLEASE.

Respectfully,

Ms. NeNe