Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Brandy - I'm 5'6. You?

Hey all--can I join in?

I like looking for food ideas because otherwise I tend to eat the same things over and over.

I'm not particularly tight--was banded in April and had two fills, but I'm losing weight steadily, so I"m going with it.

Yesterday's food--

First thing in the morning: 16 oz latte

B: 2/3 cup Smart Bran Cereal with 1/2 cup blueberries

L: Salmon Patty, 1/2 cup carrot sticks, 2 TBSP LF Sour cream and ranch powder for dip.

D: chicken thigh, beets, skinny cow fudgesicle.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi Pnw. Welcome!

Breakfast (though high in carbs) - I usually have grits and 2% cheese. This morning I had an egg and once slice of bacon. When it is cooler, I'll have oatmeal (I just like it better in the winter).

Lunch: Varies. Sometimes baked potato, grilled chicken, Soup, or chicken salad. Thursday is my weigh in day. I always have Mexican on that day (usually my only eating out lunch). I usually bring my lunch to work with me.

Dinner: I usually eat what the family eats - just a smaller portion.

I normally have a snack about 4:00. Yogurt, Protein Bar, Protein Drink. It helps me get ready for my workout in the evenings.

I drink Water most of the time. If I want Flavor I'll add a crystal lite single to my water. Usually do that a couple times a week. At night I have a glass of milk normally after dinner.< /p>

Oops! I just realized I thought I posted this and my last post in the "what do you eat" thread on a different page. I guess that's what happens when you have too many windows open!

I'm pretty much a Water person too. My surgeon's recommendations say 2 cups of NF milk a day and then no other caloric liquids. I stick to that pretty closely because I like water and it's easy enough to do.

I don't think I get in enough whole grains--usually I make sure I get breakfast with a majority of my Fiber. I need to play with cooking some Quinoa or barley or something along those lines.

Congrats on all the weight loss! Looks like you all are doing great!

Hi everyone,

I had my surgery on 4/22/08 and am only down 14# since day of surgery, total of 45# since I walked through my surgeons door on 7/15/07. I went to my doctor last month to get my second fill which I desperately need, but because I was up 3# since my last visit, he said I must be cheating and wouldn't do my fill until I lose more weight. I understand that this is just a tool and I need to do the work, but I am hungry most of the time and can eat anything and nothing bothers me. I tried to explain that TOM was present and that I always retain Water with that every month, but he wouldn't listen. I was so ticked off after that visit, it through me totally outta control. I gained additional weight, but am finally getting back on track and only have the original 3# to lose and then I am going to call to schedule an appointment for a fill and hopefully he will do one.

Thanks for listening, this is so frustrating.

Gail :thumbup:

Guest Leslie2Lose

Isn't the point of a fill to help you lose weight? I'm not a doctor, but my understanding is as you lose weight the fat around your stomach decreases and you need a fill to re-tighten your band. You may not had enough restriction with your first fill - which is what it sounds like if you can eat anything. That's why we have follow-ups. I'd be upset if I were you as well. I hope they can fit you in.

Hi everyone,

I had my surgery on 4/22/08 and am only down 14# since day of surgery, total of 45# since I walked through my surgeons door on 7/15/07. I went to my doctor last month to get my second fill which I desperately need, but because I was up 3# since my last visit, he said I must be cheating and wouldn't do my fill until I lose more weight. I understand that this is just a tool and I need to do the work, but I am hungry most of the time and can eat anything and nothing bothers me. I tried to explain that TOM was present and that I always retain Water with that every month, but he wouldn't listen. I was so ticked off after that visit, it through me totally outta control. I gained additional weight, but am finally getting back on track and only have the original 3# to lose and then I am going to call to schedule an appointment for a fill and hopefully he will do one.

Thanks for listening, this is so frustrating.

Gail :biggrin:

Wow if thats the whole story I would surely change doctors... The biggest part of losing is having your fills..

one of the most important things to do is eat the right proper healthy foods so you wont get hungry ....and stop eating after 3 bites and then continue eating again...only you can start loosing the weight ...be sure to drink your Protein drink daily 60 to 80 grams a day

Hello fellow April bandsters!

I hope you all are doing well! I have to know...how are you guys doing?

Me? I go for my 4th fill tomorrow and I NEED IT! My 3rd fill three weeks ago was a joke. My Dr. was so sure that it was going to be too tight that he would only do 1cc to take it to 5 in a 10 band but it did nothing. I have been able to eat way too much and crave even more!!! Have any of you experienced this? If so, how'd you handle it?

I want to keep losing and being able to eat so much does not make it easy.

Has anyone lost more than 40lbs since their surgery? If so, please tell me your secret! Has anyone found their sweet spot yet? I'm dying to hear any uplifting stories right now to keep me motivated!!! So send them my way!

I have lost 40 pounds since surgery. I hit my sweet spot with my 2nd fill on 7/8 and it's been smooth sailing since. I lose a little over 2 lbs per week average without alot of work. I do ride my bike too and from work atleast a few days a week to get some exercise in. I can pretty much eat whatever I want as long as I chew it well. I try to eat alot of grilled chicken. I do not ever feel a hunger pang and I eat my the clock to make sure I am getting my meals in and Snacks.< /p>

It's been a great journey so far. I recently became engaged to the most wonderful man in the whole world... I set the date for February and I am hoping to be at or very close to goal weight by then so I stay on track. I am having the wedding of my dreams on shipwreck beach in Kauai.... So I am very determined.

Guest Leslie2Lose

mom - I'm right where you are - down 40. I think we are making great progress. That's 10 pounds a month since surgery (even if we lost some of it pre-op). My last fill finally gave me some restriction - actually too much! I had to get an unfill. Don't count your chickens before they hatch - trust me you'd rather be eating a little more than PBing after eating mushies.

Hang in there! I think I still need a small fill. I'm able to eat a little more than I like. Call on your will-power. I know it is hard, believe me. Hopefully your next fill will help you out some.

Brandy-way to go on your success! And congrats on the engagment. I know you are excited and I'll be pulling for you to hit your goal!

How did you know that you hit your sweet spot? Was were your feelings prior to it and now?

Leslie - thanks for the words of encouragment! I know that I've done good but it is such a downer to not have lost anything in 3 weeks when we all keep trying so hard! I know I've got to pull myself together and stop having a pity party. But tomorrow is a new day and that can make all the difference. I will report back on how things progress after my fill....

Brandy-way to go on your success! And congrats on the engagment. I know you are excited and I'll be pulling for you to hit your goal!

How did you know that you hit your sweet spot? Was were your feelings prior to it and now?

I just instantly knew it was really weird. I walked in for the fill hungry and walked out not even feeling the hunger anymore. I lost almost all interest in food. If you do not feel hunger then you don't sit around all day dreaming of that great meal you wanna make and gorge on. After about a week I declared my sweet spot because I had lost 3 pounds and I was full on 1/2 cup or less, no hunger pangs, and I could tell if I didn't chew very well the food might get stuck.