Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

RE: Refund for scale! LOL! If only it was that easy!!!

Actually, I spent the last 3 days at a horse show, hauling stuff, lots of walking, and having very little "real food" (ate high Protein granola bars and stuff like that on the run). Thankfully, my scale is working again, and I'm back down a few pounds.

AND, my BMI is under 40 for the first time in decades!! Yippe!!!

Thats wonderful about your BMI! I am seriously looking forward to seeing the numbers go from the 40's to the 30's :)

Hi everybody!

Just checking in...how is everyone doing? How was your holiday???

I'm doing fine...on vacation so I am actually GREAT! I'm doing a ton of walking/hiking and thoroughly enjoying myself! I am noticing that my NEW clothes are getting baggy...that is so exciting. I used to love clothes and shopping until I got fat. I'm having a good time getting smaller sizes, but I know I won't let loose until I can shop anywhere again! LOL Look out!!

~Carol

Hey Turler and all the April Avengers,

My holiday was great, family all home, and lots to do. Lots to eat too, can't say that I stayed on my diet plan -- However, I faithfully recorded everything and didn't exceed 2000 cals (!) And made sure DH and I took the Corgiis for an extra walk to burn off some!

Next to Christmas Eve, July 4th is my favorite holiday - love the patriotic music and the fireworks! Had the whole family over for a Brat Fry - which here is Wisconsin is what we do. Brats, from those of you not lucky enough to be Wisconsinites - are a german pork sausage that smells wonderful when grilled outdoors. Maybe you've seen the Johnsonville brats in the stores - we buy a small local meat market ones which are "grand champions" :-) Frankly, I rarely eat one, and stick to "steaks" which are cube steaks - lean beef. We eat both on what's called a "hard roll" which is different than what most everybody else eats hamburgers on - these are German Siemmel(sp?) rolls - crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, not dense like a regular hamburger bun. And I make German potato salad (hot bacon type dressing) and baked Beans. Not low cal by any stretch of the imagination!

OH - I should stop bringing up all the food. I actually didn't eat THAT much - it was all the all-day Snacks that got me.

Anyhow-- today's a new day, and back on track. Hope you all are having a great holiday weekend!! What's your traditions?

Wow Lizalee! You are really doing SUPER!!!!!

on your weight loss! Congrats and keep up the good work!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi Avengers!

I'm doing great! I finally have some restrictoin - yea for fills!!!

We had a great 4th. Stayed home for once - was actually planning on going to the beach but my children didn't want to go. They've lost their little minds...lol

I'm trying to adjust to having restriction. It only took a couple of times of not chewing - whoa mamma, that doesn't feel good. I'm getting back to exercising today. Doing a Latin Dance class tonight and then deep Water treking (trying both for the first time).

I hope everyone else is doing well. Lizalee congrats on your loss!

Hi Turler! Don't you love clothes shopping? I've got to go shoe shopping (NOT a bad thing - lol). My shoes are getting too big - lol.

Third fill today. Hopefully that will restore my restriction. :biggrin: Doc thinks this one will do me for quite a while. I hope he is right. Fill was actually done by a resident. She did a great job... even better than the doc. Hardly felt it.

We stayed home for the 4th too. Taking our vacation the end of the month for 2 weeks. That will be the test of willpower and restriction. Hopefully I dont do too much damage to the weight.

Glad to hear everyone had a good 4th! We just got back from vacation. It was our first week long one in 10 years!!! We took the kids (all 5 of them) to Epcot, The Magic Kingdom & Sea World with lots of pool time thrown in. I was worried that I would gain while gone but actually lost a pound:) But inches flew off!!! Actually lost 5 inches during the trip.

Had my first major PB episode while gone from eating a piece of chicken too fast. I think I scared my family to death!

I go for my 3rd fill today and am praying for major restriction. I know I will have to watch eating too fast, but I am still able to eat too much and too easily. I just can't wait to hit that under 200lbs mark!!! My husband has promised me a 1/2 day at the spa when I do and I promised myself to buy a new tennis racket and get back into playing!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I thought I'd stop in a check on everyone. Our thread's been slow lately and I miss everyone. How's everyone doing?

I'm going pretty good - the newness is starting to wear off...I don't think of the band 24-7. It's becoming more a part of me. I think I'm where I need to be on fills, which helps. I was too full/tight for a couple of weeks and that was miserable. I've been doing great on my eating, but have been coming up with excuses not to exercise. I'm getting back on track this week though.

I'm hoping to hear from everyone.

I thought I'd stop in a check on everyone. Our thread's been slow lately and I miss everyone. How's everyone doing?

I'm going pretty good - the newness is starting to wear off...I don't think of the band 24-7. It's becoming more a part of me. I think I'm where I need to be on fills, which helps. I was too full/tight for a couple of weeks and that was miserable. I've been doing great on my eating, but have been coming up with excuses not to exercise. I'm getting back on track this week though.

I'm hoping to hear from everyone.

Its been pretty quiet here. I believe I could use another cc as I can still eat more than I should be able to. TWOterville is in sight so I am a pretty happy camper. The real test of will and band comes in two weeks when we head south on vacation. Good to hear that your revision was OK and all is progressing!

Guest Leslie2Lose

DSK - I'm glad to hear you are doing good. 74 pounds is absolutely awesome! Only six more pounds - you'll hit it and then some!

I think I need maybe .2 cc to get me to my sweet spot too. Some days are tighter than others. I have my next fill in August - we'll see.

Have a great Vacation! Where are you going?

We're heading to the beach (Florida) this coming weekend for a mini-vacation...I need it! We're going to a Water amusement park with the kids - get to wear a swimsuit in public - urgh! Although It'll be better than last year. I couldn't do half the rides because climbing to the top of the stairs to ride a 20 second slide to the bottom about killed me!

:crying:

DSK - I'm glad to hear you are doing good. 74 pounds is absolutely awesome! Only six more pounds - you'll hit it and then some!

I think I need maybe .2 cc to get me to my sweet spot too. Some days are tighter than others. I have my next fill in August - we'll see.

Have a great Vacation! Where are you going?

We're heading to the beach (Florida) this coming weekend for a mini-vacation...I need it! We're going to a Water amusement park with the kids - get to wear a swimsuit in public - urgh! Although It'll be better than last year. I couldn't do half the rides because climbing to the top of the stairs to ride a 20 second slide to the bottom about killed me!

We are heading for South Florida (Boca Raton) on 7/31. Used to live there about 15 yrs ago before the move back to NC. We still have family there so a yearly trek south is in order. Its always good to go back and visit everybody and disengage the brain for a week.

Looks like you are doing well too.... even with the setback of the revision! Hopefully there will be no more surprises! :eek:

Hey all! I don't know why, but it's been a while since I've been in here. I guess like you said, the newness is wearing off a little. My last fill was a good one and I am finally feeling pretty good restriction. I think I'll be able to wait longer than a month this time before getting another. My doc seems to think that I'm pretty close to where I need to be for a while. Glad to see everyone doing so well.

Hey all just checking in. I have been making a monthly goal so I don't have to see a huge ticker with big numbers :crying: I have lost about 40 pounds.. all of which was post surgery since I didn't have a preop diet... so things are going great!

I think I found my sweet spot in 2 fills so I am VERY lucky. I can't wait I wanted to lose 107 pounds and now I have 67 to go! My wedding is on the beach in Kauai on 2/7 so I hope to be close to goal... I am tryig so hard to be a model bandster so I can wear whatever I want on the honeymoon...

Guest Leslie2Lose

My wedding is on the beach in Kauai on 2/7 so I hope to be close to goal... I am tryig so hard to be a model bandster so I can wear whatever I want on the honeymoon...

Or whatever you don't want...:crying:...LOL

You'll get there - 40 pounds! That's great Brandy! I'm glad to hear you are doing well.