Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

I'm scheduled for tomorrow and I'm so nervous. Can anyone tell me what I should have at my bed side. I currently have Crystal Light, Spring Water, liquid Tylenol, liquid vitamins, Pillows and the remote controll. What am I missing?

The only other thing I recommend is a heating pad, the prescription drugs (which I'm sure you'll get tomorrow) and a supportive helper to fetch things. I have used the recliner up until last night and it just seems easier to get up and out of.

Don't be nervous.. I know that's easier said than done but it will be over before you know it.

Wishing you the best!! Keep us updated when you feel up to it!

:rolleyes:Catchmi! Congrats on surgery! If you check board again before you go, you might be sure to have a robe to wear for going on those little walks starting a few hours after surgery. I was blessed to have hubby there who walked with me last Tuesday night after my 4/22 surgery. We even took a short walk about 2:30 in the morning after I ws awake from them coming in to check my vitals. I bet you're going to do GREAT! Best wihes for a great surgery & recovery.

Catchmi, one more thing, sounds like your set up for home sounds pretty good. I also like the nectar ice tea mix- lots of Protein, and the Special K tea you add to Water that gives you about 5g. protein that you may as well get in while your'e trying to stay hydrated. Peace.

Whoohoo!!!!36_1_34.gif

Made it thru the first week and feeling alot better, except that darn port site is still sore and alittle painful at times36_1_38.gif. Congratulations to all who have been banded and Good Luck to those who are waiting, my prayers are with you. 36_22_26.gif

So far so good with Soups and liquids36_19_1.giflost 5 lbs and my first fill is not until June 9th, hopfully I can at least loose 1 lb a week w/o any fills.

Before I go can anyone tell me if a heating pad would help the port area feel better?

Hope you guys will keep me posted. This is a great site to share and learn.:rolleyes:

And again good luck tomorrow for all who are being banded.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNfox000

I'm scheduled for tomorrow and I'm so nervous. Can anyone tell me what I should have at my bed side. I currently have Crystal Light, Spring Water, Liquid Tylenol, liquid vitamins, Pillows and the remote controll. What am I missing?

You may be overpreparing. You really dont want to be laying around too much. The more mobile you are, the sooner you can work the gas and anesthesia out and get to feeling better. Are you doing outpatient or spending overnight in the hospital? You didnt mention Protein Drinks like Ensure High Protein (Banana cream is yummy).

catchmi: You'll want to be up moving around and walking as dsk said. You may want to keep some Gas-X stips on hand. Some people swear by them. Good luck! You're gonna do just fine!

~C

Guest Leslie2Lose

catchmi. To be honest the day I got home from the hospital I did stay in bed - my body needed the rest, but I got up and moving the next day as best I could. When I'd lay down for naps and at night the heating pad really helped me a lot. I didn't really get the gas pains until the following week, but if you need your pain meds take them. I'm not one for medicine, but they really helped me get through the first week.

Catchmi, Remember heating pad, moving36_1_34.gif around the house little sips, and I found that my recliner was my best friend. Easier to and get in and out of and splept better7_11_116.gif. Also, at the hospital they gave me a breathing thing to take home and use every hour or so and that helped alot with the tightness in chest and bring up mucus.

You'll do fine and we are all her to help one another on this journey.16_5_20.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNfox000

Greetings all, I'm now 5 days post-op & doing quite well except for the pain from my staples, but the doc is going to take them out on Wed. Should start soft foods this weekend but so far haven't had much appetite. Anyway good luck to everyone &stay in touch

I am experiencing alot of pain when I lay down to sleep. It really hurts to breath. I start on my back when I sleep, but I find myself on my belly when I wake sometimes. I want to know if this is OK?

I'm lucky not to be in much pain at all now. I can sleep on my side now too. As far as in the hospital, I NEVER wore the robe I took, they just gave me an extra hospital gown to wear backwards to cover my backside, which is what all the patients were doing. Wish I hadn't taken my robe. After my morning surgery, I slept the rest of the day and all night. The next day, I got up and walked a bit, but I haven't had a gas problem. I WISH I had taken ear plugs to the hospital because of all of the equipment beeping all the time!!!! Chapstick is an absolute MUST HAVE!!!!!

The next day, I got up and walked a bit, but I haven't had a gas problem. I WISH I had taken ear plugs to the hospital because of all of the equipment beeping all the time!!!! Chapstick is an absolute MUST HAVE!!!!!

I was lucky that the Lapband™ "suites" were on the top floor, joint replacement unit, of the small hospital where I had my surgery. No beeping at all and very peaceful. There were only a total of 5 patients, including me, on the floor. I did quite a bit of walking the day of my surgery and I never did have much gas pain.

And yes, Chapstick or some other type of lip balm is essential.

Just done yesterday April 28th

I am experiencing alot of pain when I lay down to sleep. It really hurts to breath. I start on my back when I sleep, but I find myself on my belly when I wake sometimes. I want to know if this is OK?

I would strongly suggest you give your surgeon a call. It could just be gas, but it could also be complications due to the anesthesia, such as pneumonia. In any case, give them a cll.

I went to L.I.J. in NY it went great> I feel pretty good except I had a hernia done at the same time. I walked 3 miles 5 days later.:coolgleamA:

Edited by big dawg