Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Which font did you use for the April Avengers, and how did you get it to your signature?

xnuyawkas, I'm not sure who you were asking as there are several April Avenger fonts, but if you find the one you want you can simply highlight it, copy it, then go to "edit signature" and paste it directly below your ticker. That's how I got mine. I think it originally comes from a glitter something website.

Hope this helps.

Lisa

Hey All, I'm three days post surgery, on a clear liquid diest that's supposed to last until Wednesday. I was STARVING on the pre-op diet, close to passing out due to lack of nutrition on the day of the surgery, and I've been super hungry since... I don't know how to handle it! The broth is just not floating my boat. I could drink three litres of it and not be the slightest bit full. Any suggestions?

Hi, I am 7 days post op and I had the same problem, at day 3 they advanced me to cream liquids that didn't cut either so I was advised to call the DR and ask them so I did and the Doc said some people can graduate to mushy foods faster than others so I am now on sugar free pudding, yogurt, or Soups blended. This stage is better down fall...you don't lose as much weight unless you are careful because those of us that are hungry can eat quite a bit if we wanted before we felt full. I must say it is a million times better than liquids only I thought I was never going to make it.

Call you DR tomorrow and ask if you can have substance!

I am better now that I was allowed to go to the mushies, but I don't stay full for very long. I know it's because it just slips through the band. I just am eating more often. I am tracking my calories though!

I hope all of you feel better soon!

I'm just on the pre surgery yet

d1bf54eea00c069e438dd54gs3.gif

April 28th

weight.png

Edited by newl
to add ticker

Hey all Avengers, good luck to those that are due to have surgery this week (don't forget your gas X strips, cinammon is great). Turler, and all the other hungry ones....... it must be an Avenger symptom, ha. I am hungry too, since about day 3 postop.

creamy Soups and such aren't much help, as I am tired of them, :tongue_smilie:.

The Dr.'s office had originally scheduled me for my first fill on May 30, but I talked to them today and its moved up to the 15th. My incisions began itching today..... and its drving me nuts! Other than that, all is good, no regrets whatsoever.

Hi everyone. I'm a HUNGRY ONE alright! I saw the doctor for my 2 week appt. today. All is going well (other than being hungry!). My incisions look great. I am scheduled for my 6 week appt/first fill on May 16th. I can hardly wait! I am down 16 pounds already and am amazed! People are noticing, which is weird because I don't notice it much. I feel good otherwise.

I tried to get more food or move up the food chain part to stuff with some staying power, but no go. I am to continue on the path of mushies and such. My dietician did, however, say that if I need to I can add a 7th meal! LOLOLOL I really am not interested in eating that many times a day, I just want something to not slip right through my band! I'll be okay. I will get through this and will be a better Bandster for it!

Hope all of you are doing okay on your new eating lifestyles! Kinda glad I'm not the only one who is hungry!

~C

2 DAYS till banding!!!! Tomorrow is Clear Liquids only.

I finally broke down and told my 7 & 9 year old daughters this morning. I know they've noticed the extra DR apts, new strange foods around the house, etc. I told them NOT to tell ANYONE, and I trust them about 80 % on that, but we'll see!! I will give my 5 year old son less info due to his age. They'll have to help out their dad and let me rest for a few days, so I hope I made the right decision. Had to explain to them that nobody is to know, even grandparents. At least till when and IF I decide to tell them. Don't want nosey people constantly asking me how I'm doing, etc. Also don't want to have the pressure of them watching me eat. After so many yo-yo's, failure is also a thought thats out there, but I really think this will do it. I'm ready to make this work for me. I'm really looking forward to it and I'm not really nervous about surgery.

2 DAYS till banding!!!! Tomorrow is clear liquids only.

I finally broke down and told my 7 & 9 year old daughters this morning. I know they've noticed the extra DR apts, new strange foods around the house, etc. I told them NOT to tell ANYONE, and I trust them about 80 % on that, but we'll see!! I will give my 5 year old son less info due to his age. They'll have to help out their dad and let me rest for a few days, so I hope I made the right decision. Had to explain to them that nobody is to know, even grandparents. At least till when and IF I decide to tell them. Don't want nosey people constantly asking me how I'm doing, etc. Also don't want to have the pressure of them watching me eat. After so many yo-yo's, failure is also a thought thats out there, but I really think this will do it. I'm ready to make this work for me. I'm really looking forward to it and I'm not really nervous about surgery.

2 more days for me too! Well one and half lol. I'm like you, more nervous about failure than the actual surgery. I haven't had time to really worry about the surgery due to trying to be ahead at work and home so I can relax and take care of myself during post op. Liquids tomorrow and nasty prep. Not looking forward to that but THANK GOD I didn't have to do 2 weeks of liquids. Keep me updated on how yours goes!! Do you have a surgery time yet?

Wendy,

I find out my time tomorrow. I have to call the hospital in the afternoon. They do the bariatric surgeries in the morning, so I asked to be last in the group, so DH and I can get our kids off to school. We live about 30 minutes away from the hospital, then there's the getting to the hospital early and waiting around for surgery. We don't have anyone for child care early in the morning like that. Everyone's seemed accomodating so far, so I think it will be OK.

Maybe DH will let me keep his laptop so I can go online!! LOL The hospital has wireless internet. Or, maybe I'll just sleep and enjoy the quiet without my kids!!

I'm glad about having to be on liquids only one day too. I couldn't imagine liquids only, for 1 or 2 weeks!!! YIKES!!

Good luck and keep in touch.

Barb

Guest Leslie2Lose

I'm in Band-Hell with Turler. I seem to stay hungry. I'm drinking between meals and that really helps. God Bless Crystal Lite - ah flavor!

Hey guys. I found a Wal Mart brand of Crystal Lite that is way cheaper. Haven't tried it yet, because I have some K2O powder to finish. I also found these drinks called "Slim Lite" at Sam's Club that are very good. I got a case of 3 or 4 different flavors and I like them all. They have 0 calories, 0 Fat, 95 mg of Calcium, 76 mg of vit. C, and 85 mcg of chromium. My kids like them too, which is good AND bad!! I'll have to send DH to Sam's soon!

I guess I'm weird. I like all of these drinks and the Protein Powder. The Protein powder almost stuffs me.

Guest Leslie2Lose

My incisions began itching today..... and its drving me nuts! .

Karly - I am itching too. You'd think I had fleas or something. I have to sneak off to the bathroom at work just so I don't embarass myself. The one at my belly button itches the worst!

Banded yesterday morning and it was a breeze (except for the intubation). I told the anesthesiologist repeatedly that I was a big problem for intubation, as I have been through it twice before. The worst pain I had after I woke up was the sore throat. In fact, my surgeon finally ended up doing the intubation successfully. They can use a scope to intubate those hard to do patients but I guess the anesthetist was too arrogant to believe he couldn't do it conventionally.

My surgeon and everyone else was fantastic though! They have a private room on a real quiet floor, with a very comfortable bed! They were very forthcoming with the drugs (in my case delaudid) if you need them. They said there is no reason for you to be in pain, and for the most part, I wasn't.

My surgeon, Dr. March came to see my twice after surgery, and the RN, Cindy Miller, who is the program coordinator dropped be too. What a sweetheart. I can't say the same for Dr. March (people would look at me kinda funny:eek:).:glare:

If I had it to do over again, I would definitely go to Hillsdale Community Heath Center.