Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Knockouts March '08 chat!

hey guys, i guess my journey so far has been pretty good. im down 46 lbs and im soooo ready to be down to my goal size. ive had one fill so far and i think i want to get another one when i go for my next appt. it seems like i get the fill, lose 10 lbs in one week, then it just stays there. i dunno y i cant keep on losing it throughout the month. i work out 5 days a week and i can see results but i just wanna lose more. i guess i'll have to ask my doc about that, but we'll see. i wish u guys all the best!

Got my 3rd fill yesterday, .6cc's bringing me to 5.60 cc's in my 10cc band. She said I am close to my optimal restriction, but wants to do it slowly at this point.

I am happy with the weight loss so far, can't complain. Down two sizes in clothes.

I used to fear something called Easter Pie at my house. Its ricotta, eggs, mozzarella cheese, grated Italian cheese, fried Italian sausage and ham, baked in a pie shell. Since I will be on mushy foods until Sunday, I can actually eat a small portion of this. In the past, I would eat huge amounts.

I got an appointment for a fill finally! April 5, my hubby's birthday!! I'm soo ready, my incision boo-boo is 99% gone.. I've been having problems eating chicken and meat.. weird at this point.. I call myself chewing the life out of it, but somethings not letting it go down.. and I've really paid attention to drinking/eating.. that makes a big difference.

We just got back from the big Easter egg hunt at son's and I was able to nibble on some treats.. with all the food, I was glad to see potato salad, since everything else was to hard or bulky to eat, once again the hamburgers and chicken off the pit.. Looking forward to Soup tonite..

I'm down 53 pounds and then gain 2 pounds back.. I guess thats the normal for now.. FILL <-- here I come!!

How is everyone?

Congrats to everyone on their successes! I'm so glad to be able to come here with all of you and read about your journey's. You all give me great inspiration. You all also give me so much support and you have no idea how much that helps! It is so wonderful to know there are SO many people out there going through all the same things as me.

Easter was a difficult day foodwise. We went to my MIL's for dinner and I did well all the way up until she pulled out lemon merengue pie. UGHHH!!! I couldn't resist. It is one of my favorites. What a wonderful treat that was. I of course felt guilty afterwards, but it was worth it. YUM! SO, it's back on track for me today. No more junk! My Monday morning weigh in went better then I expected and I am down 1.5 lbs for the week. I am really happy about that after all the Easter treats! That brings my total weight loss to 40 pounds! YEAH! Well I'm off to the gym. Gotta start working on getting rid of the next 40 pounds!

hey guys, i guess my journey so far has been pretty good. im down 46 lbs and im soooo ready to be down to my goal size. ive had one fill so far and i think i want to get another one when i go for my next appt. it seems like i get the fill, lose 10 lbs in one week, then it just stays there. i dunno y i cant keep on losing it throughout the month. i work out 5 days a week and i can see results but i just wanna lose more. i guess i'll have to ask my doc about that, but we'll see. i wish u guys all the best!

Down 46lbs!!! WAY TO GO!! Are you planning to go for another fill? Do you feel you need more restriction? The 46lbs and working out 5x a week is fantastic though girl, keep up the great work!

Congrats to everyone on their successes! I'm so glad to be able to come here with all of you and read about your journey's.

I got an appointment for a fill finally! April 5, my hubby's birthday!! I'm soo ready, my incision boo-boo is 99% gone.. I've been having problems eating chicken and meat.. weird at this point.. I call myself chewing the life out of it, but somethings not letting it go down.. and I've really paid attention to drinking/eating.. that makes a big difference.

We just got back from the big Easter egg hunt at son's and I was able to nibble on some treats.. with all the food, I was glad to see potato salad, since everything else was to hard or bulky to eat, once again the hamburgers and chicken off the pit.. Looking forward to Soup tonite..

I'm down 53 pounds and then gain 2 pounds back.. I guess thats the normal for now.. FILL <-- here I come!!

KC, is this your first fill? You have lost 53 lbs without a fill? Even with a fill.. FANTASTIC!! Let us know how your fill goes, when is it?

All you guys and your 45+ lb loss is fantastic, makes me realize that I am definitely not making the best of my band at my 27 lbs gone :wub: Can anyone give me some tips or pointers?

Edited by Ang1982
cuz i have problems lol

Ang, everyone loses it at different rates, so don't worry about it. Slow means your skin can retract, and any weight loss is great.

Ang, everyone loses it at different rates, so don't worry about it. Slow means your skin can retract, and any weight loss is great.

I know and I mean 28 lbs in 2 months really is a good accomplishment especially since I didn't have a pre-op dr diet requirement (I did my own thing and lost 5 lbs). I realized yesterday that the reason I am so frustrated with it is - in the past year I gained approx 30lbs (actually technically about 47lbs - did Medifast and lost 17 lbs and then gained it and about 15 lbs of revenge back with a vengance and then ate out a lot and what not with a new relationship, etc etc blah blah blah and managed to gain another 15 or so) which put me at my weight before surgery of around 325lbs or so. Prior to the Medifast and then regain I weighed around 295lbs for a few years (lost 50lbs on Weight Watchers then continued to maintain for those years) and now after losing my 28 lbs I am basically right where I am used to being (the 295lbs) so it almost seems like I haven't done anything yet. If that makes sense. For some reason my brain thinks that I should be at like 270-something but if I hadn't lost/gained that weight over the past year or so I would be. Oh well, that will learn me and it's just a matter of time - I too will have my time. Plus I know I am probably not eating as well as I could with almost no restriction haha.

:)

Thought I'd bring this thread back up to the top.

Hope everyone is doing okay!

Exercise- I've been using the Wii Fit a lot lately, still do a lot of walking. I'm really digging the Yoga on Wii Fit, I never thought Yoga was that challenging, boy was I wrong!

Weight- Weight loss is going great! Should be I can't eat much at all! I'm starting to have a lot more hair loss/texture issues. Luckily I had a heck of a lot of hair when I started all this!

General- Life is good. Me and the man finally set a date. We are going to drive down to Key West in October and get married on the beach. I really wanted to get married on the beach!

How's everyone else doing??

congrats on setting a date...... a wedding on the beach sounds lovely.

Weight loss going well, just a few pounds to get below 200# woo-hoo!!!

Keeping busy exercising..water aerobics, walking

YEPPIE on that date -- NukeChik.. on the beach, sounds very very romantic..

Today - I bought a new bra!! wahoo! and new shirts, size smaller.. and they actually fit!! I've taken up my pants all I can, so shopping on saturday again!! oh dang! har har

Curves has really been helping me. Just getting into a routine of exercising.. I was going to get another fill tomorrow, but I'm waiting til July. I want to see what exericing will do for me.. I can eat, but I'm still focusing on the bigger picture, like that full plate of food. I need to get to that sweet spot. Lots of Water, its getting hot in east texas and I've noticed that liquids fill the void sort of...

hair loss too.. using the New whey Protein plus my normal shakes.. hoping that will help.. and dry skin.. ugh.. lots of lotions..

I've been taking the omega-3 oils too, was told that will improve all, hair and skin..