Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Exercise Challenge

Karri, I feel for you! Sounds like your doc needs to back off a tad on the fills - didn't you get overfilled before Xmas too? How much is going in each time? Blecch!

I'm just starting to get comfy again from my last one and I definitely still need to slow things way down. I'm going to hold off on a fill for this month and see how I feel in a few weeks.

Hang in there, girl!

My doc doesn't do the fills...he has a nurse practioner that does and she does them under fluoro. This time she said most people would not be happy with this level of a fill because you are still really loose. However I just have a very low tolerance to fills. They really tighten up on me for some reason. And yes I was overfilled before xmas. here is the thing though, I think most people would be okay with this level of fill, but I don't do well. Seriously I think some people would kill for the level of restriction that I have. I know of a few people who purposly get this tight, but I hate it. I didn't sign up to never be able to eat. I don't have a job where I can take 1/2 hour to eat 1/4 cup of food. Besides...I have lost 7 pounds in 7 days. I didn't update my ticker because it is not my official weigh in day, but I am down another 1.5 pounds. I shouldn't be losing weight that quickly at my stage of the game. My doc is not going to be happy considering that he didn't want me losing much more weight anyways! As for this fill I went from 1.8 cc to 2.6 cc. When she said that is what she put in I didn't even think anything of it...but now that does seem like quite a bit. I am back up to the level that I was at before xmas when it was too tight, but you could see it flowing through pretty quickly. I guess we know now right?!?!:biggrin: I know she is doing what she thinks is right because i live so far away. They always take into consideration that to get filled I have to drive so far, but I think perhaps they should error on the other side of that equation and not make me drive back to get an unfill. At least this time I don't have to wait a month:scared2: like I did last time.

Dang! As I said - you're a brave girl! I'm glad you don't have to wait as long this time. Hang in there!

So, it must feel good and a little weird being at a point where you shouldn't lose more weight. Can't wait to get there myself (if I can behave myself a bit better for a few more months...)

Dang! As I said - you're a brave girl! I'm glad you don't have to wait as long this time. Hang in there!

So, it must feel good and a little weird being at a point where you shouldn't lose more weight. Can't wait to get there myself (if I can behave myself a bit better for a few more months...)

IT SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!!! I am actually going to go see a therapist because I don't know how to stop being obsessive about losing weight. I only know how to do 1 thing when it comes to weight: LOSE IT and GAIN IT! :biggrin: My doc didn't want me getting below 160ish before the TT because he was afraid that I was going to start burning muscle tissue, but after losing 7 pounds in 7 days I obviously was not successful at that. I am going to an in person support group tomorrow for the bariatric doctors in my area (don't like the docs that is why I didn't go to them) but their nutritionist runs their support group. I am going to try and talk to her and see if I can set up an appointment with her. I have no idea how many calories to eat. My doc said 1500 but I don't know how to get to that many calories without eating all day or eating unhealthy things. Believe me if you follow the rules and eat only healthy foods 1500 calories is a lot of food! Wish I would have known that before the band! Actually this band has literally and figuratively saved my life. It is the greatest thing I have ever done for myself. Now I just need to make sure that I don't swing too far to the other side when it comes to eating. I feel like I am eating enough but most of the people around me do not. Some of the people that I work with are starting to get really concerned. They are not jealous, but are actually concerned that I am going to start hurting my muscles. I am trying to stop the weightloss, but I don't know how yet. The support group tomorrow has about 1/2 of the people that are now in maintenance and I am hoping they can shed some light.

Thanks for the concern...I will keep you all informed. Workouts are tough when I am on liquids but I am determined to get there today, even if it only for 1/2 hour!

Good for you for getting time with your therapist. I just scheduled an appointment myself for next week with mine (would have loved to get in today, but it never works that way).

Funny, I just had a conversation with my friend yesterday. He lost about 140 lbs without surgery, and not entirely in a healthful way (major calorie restriction and overexercising). He said something to me about being PO'ed that I'd gotten under 210 and he wasn't. Sheesh - he's 6'4" and I'm 5'7" - slight difference in scale, don't you think?! He actually had plastics done about this time last year too (skin removal on the belly, minor Lipo and breast reduction). He's been working with a personal trainer and still hits the gym hard, but thinks he needs to be around 190 lbs to be "normal." I think he needs time with a therapist to get his brain straight on this one, and it scares the heck out of me sometimes. He doesn't get that the BMI charts are set low, especially if you've been big. He also said something about he's going to start eating whatever he wants since he's not losing weight anyway. I told him to look for a good dietician and work through it.

Meanwhile, I've been making poor choices the past few days and am up a lb - no big surprise there. I know it's related to getting impatient and disappointed about the job thing, so hopefully I'll get myself out of this funk soon. I am NO fun today and not getting much done at work either. Ugh.

It goes to show - we all have our stuff to work through, surgery or no surgery!

Much love,

Princess Grumpy-pants.

I just finished my 4.5 mile walk. I actually jogged a bit! That was tough but fun. Now I need to down some serious Water. I actually kept track of everything today. Even the 2 bites of soda bread!!

Princess Grumpy Pants - hang in there and yes we all have things to work through. While I was walking I met my nasty @ss sister in law walking also. I wanted to throw her down the mountain. :thumbup: She did compliment me surprisingly. I have known her since the 1st grade. It is negative competition constantly. Did I mention she lives down the street??!!:)

Salsa - hang in there. :biggrin: I really do feel for you. But with that said I would have to slice off my boobs to lose 7 lbs in 7 days!! Not good for you at all but I would love to be able to do that. You have your body in fat burning mode that is for sure. You're in my thoughts.

Don't ask me if I like exercise today because it would be a big resoudning NO. But I did begrudgingly get in my 1 hour. THough I can hardly count the last half hour as it was half hearted and lackluster. But since I was there I am counting it anyways.

3 days and 18 hours until I can eat again!

Hello all, 30 min strength and 40 min cardio today! Looked at a picture taken last week didn't recognize myself for a minute!

Val

Ladybug - sorry to hear you've got a nasty SIL - mine is a bit of a trip too, so I can relate. But, for the most part, we get along and don't see each other that much (I just hang with my bro when she's working). Why do people have to be so awful to their own family? I'll never know!

Karri/Salsa, I'm glad you don't have to wait quite so long to get your adjustment this time. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon!

Val - post that picture! Always nice to see how everyone's moving along. I came across one from months ago on a website (a friend had posted one that had me in it and I didn't know it). I looked at it and thought "gee, that person looks familiar!" and guess what - it was me! I didn't recognize my own face because it was slimmer, and that was about 30 lbs ago. Bizarre experience, to say the least!

I'm in a much better mood today. I finally got it into my head that there's no rush for things to go in, and there's no reason to get all stressed about something I can't control. There's a lot of positives to waiting too, since it gives me time to save more money and get things more settled here before I go. I'm casting the net for other jobs too, as I think I put my eggs in 2 baskets a little too soon. Worst case, I stay in town awhile longer and keep the move to CA as an option. That's not so bad, really.

Thanks to you all for letting me vent yesterday!

And on the subject (yeah, I know I'm totally off-topic), no, I'm not doing a lot for exercise right now. It's just not that much of a priority for me, but I'll see what I can do.

I am totally exhausted today. I don't think I am going to go to the gym. I did finally get down some very thinned out pureed lasagne. That is helping but I am hungry. I know it sounds weird that I am so tight but hungry, but that is how it is. I just don't have any energy when I am not getting real food down, and that makes my workout miserable. Plus I didn't get much sleep last night. Just couldn't fall asleep or stay asleep! Maybe you can motivate me to go the gym!

Hi everyone!!

I finished a 5 mile walk and a strength training session. Boy, I still don't like the strength training:rolleyes2:! Have a great night. Biggest Loser is on tonight. I love that show!!

O.K. Salsa and Pizzi, You two have been my role models for a few months now. I just read post from both of you about blowing off exercise. If you need a short break, o.k. but don't stay there too long. Think of how good you feel when you get the work out in.

Salsa, I hope they get your fill right. I know it's miserable to slime and feel like you can't even eat soup! Make sure you tell the NP that you can't tolerate that much so if you get another fill you don't have to go through that.

Pizzi, all things in time! Sometimes we can't see the whole picture until its behind us. Great things are due to you, be patient. It will all work out.

I got in 30 min cardio today and lost 1.5 lbs. I'm feeling good and want every to feel good, too. You all lift my spirits when I'm down and help me stay on Good Choice Street when I want to wander down Disaster Ave.

Take care and feel better!

Val

I am not blowing off exercise past today and it just means that I work out on Fridays which is normally my day off. I would have gone today if I had gotten more than 2.5 hours of sleep and 400 calories today. So I promise that I won't let you down in the future!!!

Hi guys,

I've been incredibly busy and haven't been posting much in the past few days, but wanted to get caught up with my exercise postings........

I did one hour of cardio on Sunday, one hour of cardio today, and one hour of weight training today (legs/lower body).

Salsa, I hope you get your fill situation resolved soon!

Have a great night everybody!

misc14.gif

Crazy Ates March Exercise Challenge

20/30 Exercise Sessions

(11 Cardio, 4 Core Strength & flexibility, 5 Weight training)

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

I managed to do my cardio today. Hoping to feel better tomorrow so I can get some strength training done.

Crazy Ates March Exercise Challenge

12/20 Cardio Sessions

4/8 Strength Training Sessions