Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Exercise Challenge

Happy March Everyone!

Time for a new exercise challenge thread. This thread is open to anyone -- you don't have to be an August 07 bandster to join us. Last month we had several new people join us and we look forward to having more!

Have a happy and healthy month!

misc14.gif

0/30 Exercise Sessions

Crazy Ates March Exercise Challenge

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Well of course I am in. I know backwards logic...longer month and less hours of working out! Okay I became more realistic. 30 hours is just not doable for me and my schedule. So I wanted to set a goal that would challenge me but not overwhelm me. This goal means I average 1 hour 5 days a week with some days being longer.

I bought the biggest loser fitness program guide today so that I could really learn some proper weight lifting and toning workouts. The gym I go to doesn't offer personal trainers so that is not an option for me.

So tomorrow will be my first workout and it is going to be a good one. I am going to beat this body into submission, but shhhhhhhh don't tell it. It is going to be a surprise.

Good luck and welcome to all those that are new to us. This is a great and motivating group.

Jody, I've been thinking about you. Glad you're in the challenge this month.

I'm sticking with 20 cardio sessions and 8 weight sessions for March. If I can do more I will, but 20/8 seems to be really realistic for me and it seems to be working!!!

I just finished my first hour of cardio this morning. Have a great week everybody.

1/20 Cardio Sessions

0/8 Strength Training Sessions

Thanks Becky! I have REALLY missed all of you. I should have posted last month because I made my challenge big time!

Salsa, please let me know how the Biggest Loser stuff is. I really need the weight lifting help.

I am happy to report I just finished my 6 mile trek on the mountain. I only do this once or twice a week. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

Hey Jody!

Welcome back -- we missed you!!!! I saw your posts in another thread, and you rocked it with the workouts last month. Good job :thumbup:!!! I see you're off to a good start again this month too.

Salsa, I think your plan sounds very reasonable and sensible.

I got an hour of cardio in today. I also hit the beach and did some swimming, but I'm not counting it because I take my noodle in the Water with me, and always end up doing a lot more floating than swimming...........

Have a great night everyone!

misc14.gif

1/30 Exercise Sessions

(1 Cardio, 0 Core Strength & flexibility, 0 Weight training)

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

I added weight training sessions to my challenge. You are quite an inspiring group!!

Hey there!

I'm going conservative on my challenge goals.....last time I upped them I ended up having a car wreck and not doing anything for weeks and weeks -- and just when I was able to go back, I had a nasty stomach bug that laid me low for another week!!

But, I'm committed to increasing my endurance. Hubby and I are taking another cruise (maybe! depends on if DIL's due date coincides!) and he's challenged me to be able to keep up with him on hiking excursions!

YIKES!

So I'm focusing not on time spent, but on increasing my distance each time I go. Has anyone else tried this method? And was it helpful?

Holy crap...yes the biggest loser works, but you have to be willing to push yourself because there were times when I wanted to cry. :angry: I bought the Biggest Loser Fitness program book. I really like it because it gives you three workouts to use for each level, and gives you a quiz on where to start based on your previous workout level. (My suggestion...start at the beginner level, becuase these are tough!) Also, it describes each exercise along with giving full color pictures and tips of what your form should look like. I am a big fan of the program and the philosophies behind the program so it works well for me.

So now for my good news. I broke into the 160's today. To be exact...169.5, but I still saw that 6.

Well I best get back to work.

Did an hour at the gym and tonight I am going to play in a staff vs student volleyball game for charity so that should be fun. I am still pretty sore from that workout yesterday!

I did my 4 mile walk today. Hope to get some weight training in tomorrow night.

Nana, I did just that to start walking. I started small and worked my up. I also increased my speed. It takes awhile because you don't want any injuries. Good luck!

Hi Nana! Glad you're back too. It sounds like you've had a rough patch, but your weight loss has still been great! I think consistency is the key to building endurance. I started very slowly last summer and just kept walking a little more every day. I was surprised how quickly everything improved.

Jody, I just added strength training last month. We're going to be slim and strong in no time!

Salsa and Frangi, ya'll are off to a good start. Congrats on the 160's Salsa. Must be so exciting! Where are Dave & Whosya? Pizzi, I'm looking for you too. We want to hear about the job interview.

I did an hour of cardio this morning.

2/20 Cardio Sessions

So I wasn't going to count the game tonight as a workout, but after 1.5 hours of running around and hitting that damn ball everywhere, getting a bruise on my elbow from hitting the floor and a floor burn on my knee on an amazing save that by the way turned out to be the winning score for that game, I am counting it as an hour! I won't take the full 1.5 but I am certainly taking the hour!

Nana, when I am on the treadmill I always do things in terms of distance. My knee has been hurting me a little so I haven't been running, but when I first started I ran for .25 miles and then just kept increasing the distance. The last time I was on the treadmill I did 1.25 miles. I've got to get back to the running, I just wanted to get the soreness out of my knee first. Hopefully by Wednesday I can be back in business.

Another hour of cardio this morning.

3/20 Cardio Sessions

Back on the bandwagon again. 3 days done so far for the month. Today was fill day, so I took it a little easy with the walking this morning. Hope everyone else is on track.....Dave

Oh, and another lb gone...WOOOHOOO