Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Obamamania"

Sorry, but "obamamania" is the stupidest damn thing I ever heard!

Like anyone that votes for him or supports him is "caught up" in this tidal wave of hype and popularity.

I am getting SO sick of the damn reporters and news networks arguing and assuming over the reasons people support him.

Is it some big suprise that people who are not African American or 18 - 23 years old actually believe in what Obama has to say and think he could be a fine presient?

Not according to CNN, or MSNBC, or Yahoo, or etc...right? According to them,

I am a foolish moron who buys $3000 purses, doesn't worry about Iraq (because it hurts my tiny brain), can't handle the thought of someone other than an old rich white man being president, and only would vote for Obama because he's popular, like Brad Pitt.

Forgive me, I opened up Yahoo this morning, and there it was...Obamamania...

And as far as the hype over his middle name, since when is Hussein a swear word?

How many millions of people have this name? Are we to assume Americans are so prejudice that the men living here named Hussein suffer daily ridicule?

I, for one, believe that Americans are far smarter and compassionate than the news and some of our national representatives give us credit for.

Shame on them for for assuming that belittling Obama, his ideas, his supporters, and our hope is newsworthy.

I, for one, believe that Americans are far smarter and compassionate than the news and some of our national representatives give us credit for.

Shame on them for for assuming that belittling Obama, his ideas, his supporters, and our hope is newsworthy.

Couldn't agree more~

And as far as the hype over his middle name, since when is Hussein a swear word?

How many millions of people have this name? Are we to assume Americans are so prejudice that the men living here named Hussein suffer daily ridicule?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with his middle name, but the only reason that it has become news is because it is being used by people vehemently opposed to him to try to instill discomfort with his name being 1) a common muslim name and 2) the first name of the former leader of Iraq. For anyone to deny that it is being done intentionally is to be disingenuous or purposefully obtuse.

BTW, I did not vote for Obama in the primaries. My friends who went to high school with him also did not vote for him. We felt that another candidate was better prepared for the position that he is. With that said, if he does become the democratic nominee (doubtful that he won't, at this point) we will all choose him over the republican candidate. I've always had great respect for John McCain, but after his failed run again G.W., I feel that he has lost some of his former ability to stand up to the far right. He still does so, but not to the extent that I would like to see.

I personally don't like his middle name at all, I really don't, so what? and I don't think I'm the only one either... again, my right not to like it, my opinion, same as it is yours to love it...

I personally don't like his middle name at all, I really don't, so what? and I don't think I'm the only one either... again, my right not to like it, my opinion, same as it is yours to love it...

It's not about "liking it" vs. "disliking it." It's about whether it's relevant to how qualified the guy is. Who the heck cares whether his middle name is Hussein, Robert, or Sue? What impact does that have on whether or not he'd be a good President? The ONLY reason it's being brought into the media is to play on people's prejudices. If someone decides not to vote for someone just because his middle name's Hussein (or just because the candidate's black or because the candidate is female, etc.), that person is a bigot.

I'm going to make my choice at the polls based on the political stances of the candidates. I'm not going to decide who I vote for based on whether or not I like their names, their hairstyles, or the clothing that they wear.

Although I won't be voting for Obama, it has nothing to do with what his name is. I don't know why that would even be an issue.

And here I thought you had to be at least 18 in this country to vote. How juvenile.

It's not about "liking it" vs. "disliking it." It's about whether it's relevant to how qualified the guy is. Who the heck cares whether his middle name is Hussein, Robert, or Sue? What impact does that have on whether or not he'd be a good President? The ONLY reason it's being brought into the media is to play on people's prejudices. If someone decides not to vote for someone just because his middle name's Hussein (or just because the candidate's black or because the candidate is female, etc.), that person is a bigot.

I'm going to make my choice at the polls based on the political stances of the candidates. I'm not going to decide who I vote for based on whether or not I like their names, their hairstyles, or the clothing that they wear.

Maybe I missunderstood it, I'm not going to not vote for him based on his name, but based on a lot of other issues of course, but I guess I felt the need to say that I really don't like that name, it has nothing to do with him being black or male or female, however his name does get under my skin... hope that doesn't make me a bigot, if it does, then I'll live with it.:angry:

How crazy is the name issue.... So since George Bush is the worst president we've had for way to long, should I hate everyone named George. people need to email CNN and others like crazy when they make foolish statements!!!!!

Good Luck to everybody, CTman