Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Hello to all, hard to believe it has been 4 years. I am down 80 some days and 90 on others, not complaining, still consider myself far far better off! So far, no complications with my band although I still catch myself on rare occasions not chewing thoroughly and being stuck. Good to hear from all!

Hello everyone!

I have not been here in a long while and I have to admit that I have been struggling. Why is it that the things I should not be eating go down so easily? Yep, got myself hooked on chocolate worse than ever!! I have been back on track for three whole days now, am not "starving", so I do know my band is working. I had lost 70, gained back 20-25. I still need to lose about 50 at this point. i will keep on chugging along. Actually went for two walks today (short, but walks still). My goal is to start walking everyday.

So, what am I looking for at this point? Encouragement and support, I guess. I got the band as a tool and need to let it do its job. It has been a long time since I had a fill, but I really don't think I need one right now. Eating regular food fills me up rather quickly, but it seems that I just have to take that one more bite and it puts me over the edge.

One would think that after all this time I would have learned.

Well, I guess enough ranting for now! I will check back regularly. Continued success to all!

Hello everyone!

Sapphire you could be speaking my story! I had lost about 85 pounds and gained about 35 back. I have lost 10 of that 35, so I am back at 60 pounds lost.

To the one who said they love chocolate - me too! I eat sugar free and I don't overdo it. (it has negative consequences if you do!!)

I think I will try to log in more often. So hard to believe it was 4 years ago that I did this!

Oh my gosh .. sweets are my down fall too! Luckily I found a herbal product that numbs your sweet taste buds for 30 minutes. It has been a lifesave for me, I can still enjoy a couple of pieces of candy or a slice of pie.. then I use the spray so I don't eat the entire pie. Now if they could just develop one that makes carbs tast awful I'd have no weight issues ever again! LOL

By the way.. any statistics showing that lap band fills with floroscopy are better then without? I think they are a must with fluro since the other way you are literally just shooting in the dark! Right???

Hi everyone,

Well I did it I had my revision to RNY on Feb 21st. The recovery was so much worse than my lap-band surgery. Now at 4 weeks out I feel better finally. Loved my lap-band and not really digging my RNY so far. Too many issues, hopefully will get a better perspective in a few months. I so wish my band and I could have worked things out. It helped me get rid of high blood pressure and diabetes.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

Christine

Why is it that what we shouldn't be eating goes down so very quickly? I thank hopeinapril and jencys for the kind comments - it is nice to know that we are in the same boat - not that we should be in the sweets boat! We are banded and need to let the band do its job. That is something I have forgotten over the past year and a half - I had gotten to a point where I was a little too comfortable, and now - looking for clothes because everything is too tight! Guess I'm a little angry with myself for letting this get out of hand. I've had a good week and plan to continue. Just passed my 4th anniversary and thought I would have been at goal by now. Have to say I didn't want to become a bulemic in doing this like some. So all in all, I am better off than I was 4 years ago, I just have to stay on my current path. I can do this!

weight.png

Hello! I have to tell you that it is tough staying on a low carb diet. I know that I am not hungry, but I want something. UGH! So far, so good.

Kind of nasty to hear that banded folks are bulemics. I can see how that can happen!

Christine, good to see you on hear again. I hope the new surgery works.

I think I got my eyes off the goal for a while. I was comfortable and the wieght slowly came back. Now I am ready to stay more focused.

Glad to see some folks back here. I can use the support and am glad to journey with you.

Nice to see everyone checking in.

Doing okay here....my band still works, if I let it! I've learned the fine art of eating around it and have let things slip away at times. Weight has stayed within ten pounds or so, it fluctuates. I make myself face the scales and that's usually the reality check that I need to get back on track.

My biggest problem is and always has been exercise. The weather is starting to break and I will try it again!

Hi Everyone,

I am so jealous of you all. I wish I still had my band. I am struggling to stay on Weight Watchers and even when I do I am pretty much maintaining my weight. The minute I go off my plan I gain again. This is why I went for the band in the first place. I had my band removed last October because I had a dilated esophagus caused by

the band being too tight or actually too small. I had a 3cc band and even when it was unfilled it was too tight for the esophagus. I cried when the doctor told me I had to have it removed. Even though I had no fill for a year before it was removed just having it there gave me enough restriction to keep me from gaining. I have considered the sleeve but I hate the thought of another surgery and I don't know if my insurance would cover it. I am so frustrated. Christine hang in there, I hope your RNY goes well for you. Those of you who are still struggling try the 5 day pouch test and that always seemed to get me back on track. Best wishes all of you.

Kathy

Ok so I had lap band surgery March 26 2008. I lost over 150 lbs total from highest.

I've gone through a divorce after being married 20 yrs. my mom died in 2010 and last May my 17 yr old daughter moved 2 hours away to live with her dad and has nothing to do with me. After us being close since the day she was born. With all this going on I've gained back 46lbs. From eating sweets, being depressed and not exercising. I just recently started to have acid reflux and am scared my band has slipped. I'm praying it hasn't. True Results whom I went through for my surgery is no longer in Atlanta so now I need to go to the dr but trying to figure out where to go. Until I figure that out I'm back to eating like I was suppose to be. High Protein shakes, chewing slowly, no sweets and stop eating after 20 mins. And exercising. I just need some encouragement. Thanks

Philippians 4:13

Lynn Philippians 4:13 <><

LynnM - what a life story! What horrible events for you to have to deal with! I am a lifelong eater when those type of things happen. I am working on changing that. I love the Bible cite. That is one of my favorite verses. I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me. I repeat it at times. In fact Lent is what got me back on track. I know you can do it. I am happy to be your cheering section. You did it and you can do it again!

So sorry to hear about your devastating year Lynn. I know you can get back on track and lose what you have gained. Come back on here for our support and don't give up hope. Try the 5 day pouch test if you can't get a handle on your eating. It always helped me when I got off track.

Kathy

hello! Just started walking again. Amazing how such a normal thing can make me a little sore! Happy things are moving in the right direction.

hello! Just started walking again. Amazing how such a normal thing can make me a little sore! Happy things are moving in the right direction.

Me too!!! I started walking again Monday. Determined to lose the 40 lbs I've gained back. ): my legs are so sore. Good luck.

LynnM - what a life story! What horrible events for you to have to deal with! I am a lifelong eater when those type of things happen. I am working on changing that. I love the Bible cite. That is one of my favorite verses. I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me. I repeat it at times. In fact Lent is what got me back on track. I know you can do it. I am happy to be your cheering section. You did it and you can do it again!

Thank you so much. It's a slow process. I really need encouragement. I just need to get back to the dr soon. Get a fill, make sure my band has not slipped.