Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

BRRRRRRRRR,,, does anyone else seem to have an issue with cold weather and restriction., It seems the cold weather has made eating tough at times.. Eating more soft foods lately.. I know it is not good, but everything else gets stuck after a few small bites.

Hey Fenton, Great Job on the 100lb loss!!! I am sorry with responding so late, my computer has been down. :bananalama:

Katie K.

Actually I think the band tightening for those of us in these cold climates is maybe the Barometric Pressure exerting force on the band and making it swell -- kind of like air inside a balloon having more pressure exerted on it. When the barometric pressure is higher, I feel tighter.

Friday, everyone! Time to weigh in...

I'm a bit worried - yesterday was a bit of a blow-out day. I let myself go. I wish I'd done that AFTER the weigh-in!

I haven't had any trouble with the cold, but I did find that I had trouble with a cold. I've had a terrible cold the last 2 weeks, and I think all the coughing has swollen my stomach some. Also, I find that coughing can induce an unexpected pb. I'm ok with it though becuase it's time for a fill, and I've been able to put it off for a while due to the increased restriction.

speaking of fills, my doc is concerned because it has taken so much Fluid to reach restriction, and he wants me to have a barium swallow before he'll put anymore fluid in. I have 10ccs in a 14cc band. He said that most of the studies stop at 9ccs. I've put it off because the band is working so well... I don't want to jinx it. It's time though, and I'm going to make an appointment next week.

Thanks for the advice Fenton I have a pedometer, but it won't work if I don't wear it.

School's starting and kids are arriving... gotta run.

Finally....some downward movement on the scale!

I had my adjustment on Wednesday and have been on liquids, so that probably has something to do with it, but I'll take it!

This is the lowest weight I've been at for a very long time.....probably since the mid 90's...

I bought a pair of pants on clearance at Penney's....

A SIZE 10....I couldn't believe it...wore them to work yesterday and felt pretty good about it! I'm quite sure it's vanity sizing, because I'm really NOT a size 10...but hell, I'll take it!

Have a day off today....it's raining like crazy, which is better than snow, I suppose!

I'll put in a decent work out and then see what the day brings!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Congratulations to everyone on their continued weight loss journey. This week I started training for a Mini-triathalon, that I am doing on my 1 year anniversary March 28th. I figured I need something to get my butt in the gym and I wanted to do something to Celebrate the big day with. Anyone else have big plans for their anniversary??

What a week!!!! 3 Snow Days fom school and sick with the stomach bug the whole time. We went back today with a two hour late schedule. (Thank goodness)

I did not post of the Friday weigh in. Although the scale looks pretty good, I did not think having the stomach bug is a true picture of how much weight I have lost this week.

Everyone seems to be having a pretty good week. Keep up the good work. I definetly need to get back to exercising.

I can't believe my one year anniversary is just 6 1/2 weeks away. (March 24th) I would like to lose at least another 10 pounds by then.

How much weight do you want to lose between now and your One Year Anniversary?

Howdy all:) I was psyched to be able to post on the Friday weigh in thread today:) I had a fill yesterday of almost 1cc. I amfeeling good, and hoping that this helps me get my butt in gear. We are headed out to Daytona bike week in 21 days and I want to be down another 10 by then.. I hope I'm not looking for too much, I think its attainable? I guess I'll just have to find out.

I am all about planning ahead and have made plans for the resort I will be staying in. I WILL NOT be drinking and eating out for 11 days!!!!

Anyhoo, have a great weekend all, and congrats to all on the NSV's and milestones for weightloss. Bravo!!

:)Kerri

I haven't had any trouble with the cold, but I did find that I had trouble with a cold. I've had a terrible cold the last 2 weeks, and I think all the coughing has swollen my stomach some. Also, I find that coughing can induce an unexpected pb. I'm ok with it though becuase it's time for a fill, and I've been able to put it off for a while due to the increased restriction.

speaking of fills, my doc is concerned because it has taken so much Fluid to reach restriction, and he wants me to have a barium swallow before he'll put anymore Fluid in. I have 10ccs in a 14cc band. He said that most of the studies stop at 9ccs. I've put it off because the band is working so well... I don't want to jinx it. It's time though, and I'm going to make an appointment next week.

Thanks for the advice Fenton I have a pedometer, but it won't work if I don't wear it.

School's starting and kids are arriving... gotta run.

Lafs -- don't worry I have 10 cc in my 14cc band and I consider myself right at my sweet spot at this point and my doctor isn't concerned at all and in fact is thrilled with how I'm doing. I'm okay though that your doctor is being conservative and checking things to be sure -- that is a good sign of a good doc as far as I'm concerned instead of just filling and filling and not knowing if it really is okay.

Tell him there are several of us on the lapband board at 10+ in our 14cc bands and we are doing great. I haven't heard of anyone at the max of 14 but 10-11 isn't unusual to hear about.

What a week!!!! 3 Snow Days fom school and sick with the stomach bug the whole time. We went back today with a two hour late schedule. (Thank goodness)

I did not post of the Friday weigh in. Although the scale looks pretty good, I did not think having the stomach bug is a true picture of how much weight I have lost this week.

Everyone seems to be having a pretty good week. Keep up the good work. I definetly need to get back to exercising.

I can't believe my one year anniversary is just 6 1/2 weeks away. (March 24th) I would like to lose at least another 10 pounds by then.

How much weight do you want to lose between now and your One Year Anniversary?

I'm trying really hard to hit my -100 lb mark by St. Patrick's Day -- my bandiversary. I'm at 89.6 now so I think its doable if I really keep my butt in gear on the exercise.

It's funny how different we all really are, shows what a wide range of people the band can help. I'm at 3.7 in a 10cc band....and I don't think I'd want to be any more restricted right now......

As for my one year goal....hadn't really thought about that, I just know I want to be in the 160's by my cruise time in May....reaching my goal of 145 may be a little lofty by then....

I have 6.75cc in a 10 cc band I just had .25 added last week and it seems to be working good. I think I'm at the sweet spot hope it stays for a long time.