Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

So after being completely unfilled last June, I feel like I'm back at page one (maybe page 2 since I already have the band).

My first fill since the complete unfill did nothing for me, as evidenced by the gain of 93 pounds in a little over 9 months (total gain, I was already up 55 when I got my first fill). :angry: Hoping this fill might do it for me. I had 3.4 put in last time which gave me zero restriction...yesterday I got an additional 2 cc's putting me up to 5.4 where I was at 5.8 when I had my slip and complete unfill.

Been having a few issues that have me thinking I might be a tad too tight but I'm going to wait a few days and see how things settle down. Given the amount of weight I gained, I might just let things be for a while to get a jump start....summer is coming after all!

I am grateful I have been able to keep my band with "minimal" complications compared to some stories I've heard and read, just sucks I let myself get to the point where I have so far to go again.

So here's my latest stats:

Surgery weight: 288

Highest weight: 294

Lowest weight: 143

Complete unfill weight: 150

1st re-fill weight: 205

2nd re-fill weight: 243

New goal: 155

To quote Texas' greatest Native son, Wille Nelson, "On the road again, I can't wait to get on the road again..." LOL :D

Good Luck folks!!!

After putting it off for 2 years because I didn't want to be lectured about gaining weight back, I went to see my surgeon last July. She cheerfully informed me her practice had stopped doing bands in 2010 because the success rate is so low! Based on my severe GERD she unfilled my band right then, rather than adding fill like I'd expected. It was an immediate relief. From 2 Prilosec/day to 1 every 2 days or even longer.

Since then I've done all the steps and paperwork (tedious!) to get approved for a revision to the vertical sleeve. My plan said 'okay', and my surgery is set for April 30! While I'm not looking forward to the surgery, I am really hopeful I'll be far more successful with the VSG. In the meantime I've been working out with a trainer since September and am as strong as I can be, even if my weight has stayed the same. With no fill in the band, I'm grateful for no weight gain at this point.

I'll let you all know how it goes, please all of you do the same!

Edited by MichelleInCA

I had my lapband surgery in Columbus, Ohio on St. Patrick's Day and i was so proud to be a 'Shrinking Shamrock' and i went from my high of 355 to a low of 217 and i was incredibly looking forward to being under 200 for the first time in decades. Then the wheels came off on my life, lost my job after 15.5 yrs, got a new job but it was incredibly stressful, a trio of close family members decided to shun me and not speak to me, and then the worst of all i had a sister commit suicide last july and every holiday and special occasion in the past year has been very painful. I am getting counseling and am doing okay in functioning in my life, but i used food again to deal with my emotions. i'm back up over 255 now and i'm so scared of gaining it all back. i still have some restriction when i eat the right things but i keep making wrong choices. now i'm dealing with a 40+ years friendship where her husband just got diagnosed with cancer in 5 areas of his body including liver, lung, spine, brain so i know this is going to be really sad and i don't want to keep eating so i'm coming back here and going to blog my way back to where i should be on eating.

i decided to come back to the March 2008 forum as the place where i had made so many encouraging friendships and see if i can turn this eating thing around. Clearly there is always going to be huge life events that put us in stress and i can't keep eating junk.

Hi SpecialK: I admit that I am frustrated by my relationship with food. I lost a total about about 85 lbs. Then I gained some back.

Now, I am trying to get back on the wagon. I had something get stuck in my band and went to my surgeon. He took a lot of the fill out and sent me for a test. The band is fine and I am fine, but now I have to stairstep back to restriction.

The truth is that I know how to beat the band. So, restriction is helpful. But ice cream slides right through. I react emotionally to things by eating. I even know it when I am doing it. I wish I could figure it out.

I remember you and your journey. I know you have a lot going on, but I know you can do this. Maybe we can support each other?

I am doing better now, getting my thoughts on track to put with an unfill of 2 cc's by my surgeon and then 6 weeks later he gave me a 1 cc fill so I'm working my way back up to restriction again. I'm also now seeing a counselor that works with bariatric patients. I am feeling positive again and got up today and did a 45 min walk to warm up for a 5K I'm doing tomorrow for Making Strides for Cancer.

I am changing my phone screen lock to this photo to remind myself multiple times a day that I made good behavior choices then some bad, and I want to go back to the successes good choices earned for me. post-23751-14142870439772_thumb.jpg