Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Well then, wcm, you'll be thrilled to hear that there's going to be an ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT movie, Ron Howard directing!

I can't contribute to the restriction discussion, as I am unfilled, and can eat anything with minimal restriction.

Ooo, I am so excited that there is going to be an Arrested Development movie. I couldn't believe more people didn't watch that when it was on tv. I guess my husband and I will have to get a sitter for the first time in about a year. (We are not too good at planning. And the only time we were away together alone overnight was when our 2nd child was born.)

And, Fenton, that is amazing how much weight you have lost with or without being filled. I had some taken out from what they put in during surgery to leave me where I am now, but I am still hungry quite often. When I go to support group meetings, I usually get people there looking at me with what I call the "puppy dog head tilt" when I say I haven't been filled yet.

westcoast- don't be afraid of a fill. I have never slimed, bp'd or got something stuck in the pouch. I've had two fills and am debating a third. The second really did the trick in regards to hunger. Im thinking a third would help in the portion size part, but Im getting so used to eating a bandster portion that I don't know if I want to mess up the no hunger thing. I really only have a problem with food at social situations and that is from grazing on the goodies. That's a whole other problem that the band can't help with. It's got to come from my head.

PS you have got to get out more. Live your life as a couple as well as a family- (did I overstep the bounds? sorry)

Thanks, Amanda. You did not overstep your bounds - and you are so right that we need to get out more! We do lots of family stuff, just not the couple stuff.

Oh, by the way, my husband is from Long Island. He grew up near Jones Beach...

Quick introduction:

I am a March 24th Bandster from the Roanoke, Virginia area.

I have had only one fill and have good restriction and still losing. Thank goodness that I have not slimed or PB'd yet (I know it is coming)

I can say that I love being banded. I love the results!!! I don't know if my progress will slow down anytime soon, but I would love to meet my goal by my one year bandaversary.

I hope to get some great advice from other March Bandsters.

Wow, SBean! You've lost 81 pounds from your high! That's FANTASTIC! And Onederland is just around the corner.

I'm sure you'll get great advice from the March bandsters, but watch out for ADub! She's from Australia, and doesn't understand our customs, and you can't understand a thing she says because of the accent...

In any case, though, it doesn't look like you need any advice...!

Amanda, surely you could throw together some sort of visual representation of what will happen to WCM if she neglects her life as a couple while looking after her brood?

I went to the store yesterday and while I was there I picked up a small slice of carrot cake. The reason I picked it was because 1. I'm weak 2. it was the smallest piece of cake there 3. I'm weak . Anyway I get in the car and eat 2 bites . I look at the calories and without my glasses I see 530 calories . I saved the rest to eat last night and when I turned the package over and put my glasses on . I almost fell out of bed . It had 750 calories the 530 was fat calories . That I can tell you was my last piece of cake . I've been going to the gym every day this week and last week so I can lose weight and tone up not so I can eat cake . That was the slap in the face I needed.

Haha, Ms. Cathy! Good on you for learning a lesson, and even better for sharing it with us!

Oh, also! Weigh-in day today. Let me update my ticker...

Boom! Three more pounds gone...

Yay! Seven more pounds to my hundred!

Tragically, though, I've only just crossed the One Third of the Way to Goal marker...

In case you are confused or frightened, that sound you hear is me patting myself on the back. Surely there's an emoticon for that!!!

In case you are confused or frightened, that sound you hear is me patting myself on the back. Surely there's an emoticon for that!!!

Don't know about an emoticon.....but it's a well-deserved and lovely sound!

Congrats on the 'almost 100'!!

How about just a 'thumbs up guy'.....

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::drool::thumbup::w00t:

Thanks, Fenton, for that added "couple" boost. My husband will thank you too - and he is quite a great guy. I need to find some baby sitters! Now the only other problem is that our 10 year old stays up until at least midnight every night reading...

Thanks for the thumbs-up-guys, Harley!

And WCM: a kid who stays up reading isn't a problem, he's a RETIREMENT FUND! I think that's great. Yeah, maybe the hours aren't ideal, but, heck, he/she's *reading*, not playing World of Warcraft, or whatever it's called!

(Not that there's anything wrong with that, MMORPGers!)