Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

MSBoss, I have to agree with annie. You have lost 48lbs in 3 months....that's amazing!! Great job! I have lost 37 in the same time frame. It's all individual....and any loss should be celebrated for what it is...gone forever!

Christine

Kpod...you should contact the other Mainer...just ask how she was able to get so many fills so soon. Don't put her on the defensive, just find out what her conversations with the office were like. Good luck to you.

Christine

Ms. Boss, You're way ahead of me. I've only lost around 32-34 lbs since I've been banded. My friend that went on a diet a week after I had surgery has lost 39 so I'm incredibly frustrated. I exercise 5 or 6 times a week for 30 minutes to an hour and track everything I put in my mouth. I just have to accept that it will happen eventually. I wonder if it's harder for short people to lose. My friend is 5'8 and I'm only 5'0.

I don't think it's fair to compare ourselves to others......

everyone's body is going to be different, everyone has a different setpoint for their metabolism.

The IMPORTANT thing is that the numbers are going down, the waists are getting smaller and most importantly, we're feeling better!

STOP looking at everyone's ticker and comparing it to your own.....just Celebrate that we're on this journey together and it's working!

I need a psychiatrist. I have my WiiFit - have had it since 6/3/08. It's still in the box. I eat too much. I have not lost a pound. I ate New York Peppermint Patty and Almond Joy Cookies last week. Yesterday I was eating stale toast and grape jam. It wasn't going down well, but I continued to eat the slice anyway. Then I threw up. There was bright red blood - more than I was comfortable with seeing. Now I have a new pain where I believe my stomach is - let me look that up... ok - still not sure. I am scheduled for fill # 3 on July 2nd -but I am wondering if I should cancel that. Until I learn self control, no amount of fill will help me. I figured out - way too late of course - that although my surgeon only requires two days of liquids after a fill - I apparently need more. I don't know if I have that kind of will power.

I'm reading all of your posts and everyone is doing so well. I'm not one for long drawn out pity parties - but I'm feeling like a failure. I don't want to be a band failure. You would think that enduring a heat wave that seems to be stuck at 98 degrees that I would at least sweat off a pound or two. I mean it’s too hot to even eat! So I am here once again with my bag of strawberries, cherries, bananas, carrots, and ranch dip. I did this yesterday too - but destroyed all of my efforts with a piece of stale bread with grape jam.

I have found a gym that I will be joining. My neighbor goes and she loves it. I have a meeting with the builders today, I saw a guy about a car yesterday, and I start my internship next week.

I am an addict. I'm addicted to chewing and swallowing food - and I need HELP. Ok - I'm signing off at 291 lbs. I will not post again until I am in in the 280's (and I don't mean 289!).

Edited by enjoylife

WE all lose at a different rate. And then there is our activity level and what we are putting into our mouths. Stay positive and remeber we all have to learn how to use the tool we have chosen.

I feel like I am an addict to working out. If I don't go to the gym or pool everyday, I feel like I am cheating myself.

I am letting other things I need to do drop by the wayside so I can exercise...My house is a disaster, I need to mop my floors, clean the bathroom and would rather be out exercising. I think I am going nuts. You never would have seen me near a gym before surgery!!!

No Wii for me, but as above I have found alternatives to that. I have an exercise buddy and we keep each other out there. Even though she will not be going tonight I know I will make myself get there and do it!!

WE all have to find the best route for us in our eating and exercising and daily life. We can all do it, and remember the those of us here are always open and willing to listen and give our opinions and ideas for help.

I never thought I had a problem with cholesterol. I gave blood/platelets regularly and the postcard so nicely sent by blood services with my cholesterol number (and next available donation time) was never in the high range(nonfasting). Then I went to the Cardiologist preBanding (12/07) and had a test(fasting). 320!!! Holy Moly. I started my version of the preOp diet 1/08. My PCP did a test (2/08) 297!! I started fish oil, coq10 and red yeast rice(natural statin) two week before surgery.

Well folks I am happy, no actually ecstatic, to report that my cholesterol is now 195. My Dr feels I am the poster child for controlling cholesterol with diet and exercise. I think it was a wake up call from my body. Preband except for the high cholesterol I didn't have any co-morbidities. But it was only a matter of time before something popped up.

:thumbup: But this cholesterol thing this is BIG.

:blink:

So maybe the scale is moving slowly but the band is helping me lower some other equally important numbers.

Remember

Happy New Minute!!!

Just start again, fresh. Forget yesterday, forget this morning. Just work yourself through this hour.

I really can't think of some sure fire way for you to find your mojo. Im having a hard enough time holding on to mine. But I know you can get through this hour. Then maybe you will get through the evening. If not just promise you will start new in the morning. Maybe it would do you some good to talk with a life coach or therapist. Get in touch with some of the whys.

Don't give up on this thread either. We all care for you and would miss your presence. Get the Wii fit out of the box and hula hoop. It might or might not be classy but it will get you moving and ramp up the endorphins. We want a full review. We will not let you turn your back on us!!

Diva, you're not going anywhere! You are NOT allowed to stop posting in this thread! You need to be here.

This is in no way a competition - Harley's right, the important thing isn't other people's numbers, it's YOUR numbers. And more than that, it's not other people's lives, it's YOUR life that matters. Don't waste time seeing how other people are doing and despairing about how you're doing, focus on what it is that you're doing, and why.

Now you have a few things going on here - first off, vomiting until you're bleeding isn't a good thing. This might represent a problem with your band - you should call your doctors' office and let them know, and ask if you need to have a check-up.

Tell them that you're having difficulty controlling your intake, and ask them what you should do. Maybe it's the wrong time to have a fill, maybe you need a fill now more than ever, but you have to TELL them what's going on!

You're obviously having a hard time with the head hunger part of this process - and maybe a shrink wouldn't be a bad idea. Perhaps your lap band team can refer you to someone. Trust me, you're not the first person to have this particular collection of problems.

Also, I'm not sure that you're looking at your intake in a healthy way. A piece of stale toast with some grape jelly is NOT going to sink your weight loss. Unless, that is, you choose to take an all-or-none position, and say to yourself "Well, since I had that toast, I've screwed by intake goal for the day, so I might as well just eat two pints of ice cream." You CAN'T be like that. Recognize that if you have too much at one meal, or on one day, you can make up for it by eating a bit less. This is a CONSTANT PROCESS, not something that's about achieving victory or disaster at any given second. Of course you're going to have bad days - last night, for example, out at dinner on a date, they brought ALL of the Desserts to my table, and I had some of every one.

But that was last night. This morning, I got up, did yoga, and then walked a mile and a half in the broiling sun. And I'll walk home and do more yoga tonight, and I'll try to watch my intake.

It's all just a question of finding the right balance. No one says you have to lose a pound a week or two pound a week: you have to find the rhythm and the pacing that works for you. And you can absolutely do it - you just have to learn to listen to your body, rather than your head.

Every one of us here knows where you're coming from - we've all been there. The question facing you now is why are you still there, and, more importantly, what can you do to get back.

I do think a therapist might be able to help you with this. But can you control what comes into your home? Can you limit the amount of sweet stuff and ranch dip or whatever that you or whoever stocks your fridge with? The less there is to tempt you - particularly if you have an All-or-None attitude - the less likely it is you'll be tempted.

The thing is, every second brings you the opportunity for a new fresh start. Everything that has happened to you up until the moment you read this post is history; it's up to you to decide what your future will hold.

But the first step is to seek help. First off from your band team, maybe a therapist, and second off (?) keep talkign here! Tell us what you're going through. We're your friends, we want you to succeed, we know what's happening with you, and we believe you can get where you need to be. And we're all in exactly the same boat - struggling with the same desires, the same bad habits.

You just have to get through these days now, and find the Lap Band Zone.

You can do it. Let us help.

Amanda - great work with the cholesterol! And it'll continue to get better, I'm sure.

AND I WAS JOKING ABOUT THE HULA-HOOPING!

Nothing unclassy about Hula Hooping. And, apparently, in Australia, hula-hooping is considered the HEIGHT of classiness!

Fenton- We excuse you. You are British and therefore not the best judge of classiness.

Pardon me whilst I roll on the floor laughing.

And, apparently, in Australia, hula-hooping is considered the HEIGHT of classiness!

Australia - We're nothing if not modern.

(Hula-hooping had it's heyday in what.... the 70s? Next we'll be into roller skating and Xanadu fashion...) :behindsofa:

Just kidding. We're cool!

Hey, that last one was post number 100 for me! Woohoo!

(Not sure why I'm getting so excited about this. Ah wait, now I know. It's 4.21am, I've been up all night writing a goddamn paper that's due on friday. Anyway, i'm going to bed).

Yes, who would have ever guessed in 3 months any of us could have lost this much! I had my 2nd fill today and got weighed at the hospital and was down a total of 9 lbs from 1st fill 6 weeks ago, so that is more than 1 lb a week losing -- I'm thrilled and just have to be reminded that this is how my own body works.

2nd fill was 1.5cc's to get me to a total now of 6cc's in my 14 cc band. I'm on liquids today, pureed tomorrow, mushies the next they back into full foods. Hoping this is the right fill level for me for awhile.