Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I'd just like to give a little birthday shout to my friend Sheri (aka Lattedah) who is not only a tax-day baby but also a fellow Shrinking Shamrock. Just think what a great gift you've given yourself this year by getting control of your weight with this band, and imagine how amazing you're going to feel next year at this time! Happy birthday, girlfriend! :biggrin2:

Dosh

I too feel hungry alot, have you had a fill yet? I go for my first tomorrow. I just try drinking some Water or tea to fill me up between meals. You may be craving something and not even realize it. Good luck Hang in there. We can do this!!

First of all, let me say why I post in large print. I have 15/20 vision, but I work on a computer all day long. Reading the 10 point font size prints drive me nuts. In addition I cannot Zoom my screen size at home. So, to compensate I use 12 point font. It just appears bigger than 12 online. Whew, I’m glad I got that off my chest. I hope you all don’t mind.

Second, I’d like to personally welcome Ejmdiva to the March 2008 Bandsters’ Master Thread. WELCOME!!!!!!! Ejmdiva, helped to calm my fears as I approached my surgery date. I was terrified; she offered her words of wisdom and then suggested that I go to the chat room. I did I found several people who were able to give me statistic information regarding the death rate in the US that made me feel much better. I am a single mom and my biggest fear was doing something that would leave my child motherless. Thank you so much Ejmdiva, I really appreciate what you did for me.

Third, I’d like to say… HOW THE HECK DID I GAIN 2.5 POUNDS!!!!!!!! I’ll be dog gone. I hate the mushie stage! I cannot seem to get it right. I cannot eat every four hours. I’m a teacher; I can’t just whip out a snack of pureed chicken and chow down in the middle of a class. In addition, I cannot survive on 2- 4 oz per meal. I’m eating a cup – yeah that’s right a cup! I try to keep it down to three meals a day. I usually have a shake for Breakfast, then a "regular" lunch and dinner. I never make my Water goal. I forgot to take either one or both of my Vitamin supplements three days in a row. H4eck I haven’t taken my B12 yet today – let me do that now….Energy my rear. I am so out of shape that my body aches from WALKING and the use of 3lb weights! That’s right I’m in major _itch mode right now.

(Stomps around, breathing heavily glaring at the mirror on her desk).

Now that I have that out of the way… I think my body is in starvation mode. It is holding on to every calorie. Cuz I know I was eating around or over 3000 per day pre band. Now I’m eating anywhere between 800 and 1300 calories (except yesterday – yesterday I had 1560 cals).

Four hours later….This morning I was trippin. I feel much better now. I called a friend who was banded 1.5 years ago. She helped me get my head right. Now I have two mantras lol 1) I won’t really start to lose weight until after my first fill, until then I will do my best to make good choices and exercise and 2) I did not have gastric bypass surgery. The weight will not come off in a week. It takes time, it’s healthier, and I must not lose faith.

WOOO-SAHHH! I feel so much better. So what my body hurts from walking – I went walking. I did again today too. I am going to walk everyday until I get to a point that it does not leave me with body ache – then I gonna walk farther and/or faster so I can ache again.

Yall are fantastic! Thanks for the support!... no I am not crazy – just happy….

Edited by enjoylife

sigh. sorry to whine, but today has been a crappy day.

up until now, things had been pretty good. i'd had bouts of hunger, but not this gnawing feeling of an expanding void in my stomach. i haven't been this hungry since pre-op. i don't think it's emotional hunger, nor is it head hunger. and despite my second fill last thurs, i feel like i can eat just about anything -- certainly much more than a single cup of food. i've managed to largely stay in control, but it's been harder than it's been since being banded.

help! my will power is weakening! any tips or words of encouragement are completely welcome.

Hi Sherri! Happy tax baby birthday greetings! Today is my birthday as well. I am thrilled to be celebrating as a bandster!

Hi Hungry - So sorry that you are feeling this way. I am feeling pretty hungry these days at times. I am suppose to be on all liquids, but eat a little bit of mushie food each day. Keep at it. It will get better! I'm sure some of the folks with more experience than I will give you some great words of wisdom!

Shamrocks!

Today is a great day for me. I got my birthday present early and am celebrating the fact that I am a bandster. I knew this would be a process. It is an education every day. I am a little sad that I can't seem to stay with the liquids, but I am still slowwwwwwly loosing weight, so it is all good. I am looking forward to my first fill which will be 5/7. My doc puts us back on liquids for 2 days after a fill. I should be on soft foods by then, so I don't see that as a big deal.

I am finally getting my act together with the walking. I have some lapband walking buddies and we are walking tomorrow. It should be wonderful to get motivated and see some of my lapband buddies in person.

I have to admit that I put on sweat pants and take off my bra when I get home. I still have a some sensativity to the incisions and port area. The bigger clothes make me much more comfortable.

Well.....that is it for now. I notice that we are loosing folks right and left. I guess they don't have anything to say or are outside walking. :biggrin:

Hi hungry4help

I have been feeling hungrier (and carving food) too in the last few days and feeling concerned that I might slip up. Today I decided incorporate the chicken broth and sugar free popsicles back into the fluids (between meals). I have to say that the nice warm broth and then the nice cold pops seemed to really help both hunger and carvings. I also keep my Protein intake at 60g by using the whey Protein drinks (and they're low carb) for part of the Fluid intake. I'm keeping my carbs low because they make me hungry. I don't really know how well this is work but it has helped a lot today and I thought I'd just let you know how I'm trying to deal with it. If others have some ideas---it would be great to hear how your coping.

lost another 2# this week. total loss since I began this whole process in November 2007 is 28#, of that 13# is post op. so I am happy. Since begining the mushies last week it has been a bit difficult to get everything in in the right amounts. As well as getting back to work. Luckily I have a fridge in my office and can bring all kinds of right choices. My foos journal is a god send. Without I would be at a loss. TheDailyTable.com

HopeInApril, looking forward to our group walk Wednesday, and hope we can make it a regular event.

Next visit with Dr. is 5/9 and maybe my first fill. Right now I am eating about 1/2 - 1 cup permeal, and that depends on what I am eating. Another week or so for mushies, then onto more soft foods.

This has been the best thing I have done for myself in such a long time.

Moving forward to a healthier life

Lynn

I've been stuck at 21lbs for 2 weeks. Then over the weekend I gained 3lbs. I had my second fill on Monday and I'm on 3 days of liquids. I've stayed active - more active than I've been in years. Hopefully the scale will start moving soon.

I've also noticed a lot of folks gone.

First day of REAL food!!

I played it pretty conservative with my regular Breakfast of malt o'meal, just not thinned way down......Lentil Soup for lunch.....not pureed....

Then a spoonful of mashed potatoes and three meatballs with gravy for dinner......just finished a south beach Protein bar and still managed to keep the day under 800 calories.

Didn't get any walking in because it SNOWED all day today....can you believe it?? Yesterday was 75 degrees.....welcome to springtime in the Rockies, I guess!

Man! Because of traveling a lot this year, I didn't really get any snow at all! I (heart) snow!!!

thanks hope, rugman... and happy birthday, sherri!

i appreciate all the feedback. will do my best to keep my chin up and my mouth shut in between meals. :-)

AnnP

no i didn't get my 1st fill ye,it'll be254

imagen yestrday i ate mac chicken & fresh fries but i felt uncomfortable till now,2day am planning 2 stick with liquids only but am hearing my stomach crying for food:sad:

i want the scale to move:unsure:

enjoylife

ur post encourage me to hang in :)

hopeinapril

happy birthday,may ur life'll be full of joys , happiness & ofcourse more healthy :confused:

good luck all

we realy can do this:thumbup:

I just finished my taxes.....anyone have a vicodin left over??

I will take that and a shot of vodka!! They hurt this year! Then we just found out DH screwed up on last years taxes so we have a NICE penality plus adjustments to pay for last year. Make that 2 shots of vodka!!:confused:

Sherri and Hope...HAPPY BIRTHDAY (1 Day Late)

I have been absent from the boards, time to focus on classes again. 3 weeks b4 the end of the semister so I am having to knock out some serious paperwork. I will be glad when December comes so I can be finished with this process. What was I thinking going back to school at my age!!

My scales have been stuck for the past 2 wks also. I am keeping a track of my food intake (SUPPOSE 2 :confused: still on mushies. My calories are under 700, Protein between 60 - 70, carbs between 50 - 60, and fats are 25 - 30. I always get between 64 - 70 oz of Water and walk 1 to 1 1/2 miles at 5 days per wk. Whats up???? What do I need to adjust??

Man! Because of traveling a lot this year, I didn't really get any snow at all! I (heart) snow!!!

We've had soooooooooooooo much snow this year......I'm just over it.

130% of normal this year......oh well, it should make for a beautiful, green spring if it doesn't come down too fast and we get flooded.....

but enough already, IT'S APRIL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!