Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Johnstown, PA

I was just wondering if there is anyone for Johnstown, PA. or surrounding area who has been banded?

Good Evening,

I was banded at Windber PA and couldn't be happier. The staff, doctor and people were fabulous. I would say the best in the business. Highly reccomend.

Love,

Nicole

Hi Nicole, I too was banded in Windber by Dr. Marley. They are the best. I was banded Feb. 11 2008. Do you go to the support meeting? I haven't in awhile but plan to go in March. Stay in touch.

Jill

Hi! I was banded on 2/26 (hi Nicole! Hope things are going well!) and things went great! I try to go to Lean Team every month-- I think the support and ideas are awesome--not to mention all the great success stories... I'm from the ebensburg area-- but i visit Johnstown frequently for work and my sister works at windber hospital... hope to hear from you soon! take care-- maybe we'll meet at the next Lean Team!!

Rachel

I am hoping to attend a support group meeting in March. How are you feeling Rachel? I am definately hungry. When I say hungry, I mean for the taste of quality food...not that my stomach is hungry. I have been sticking to it...so good so far.

I live in Alum Bank Bedford county just moved here from Johnstown. I will be banded on March 17th with Dr Marley at Windber hospital. I go tuesday for my pre op and get to start the lovely 2 week diet.

My sil also works at the hospital in xrays. My 2 sons were born in Windber hospital 19 and 23 years ago.

I was just wondering if there is anyone for Johnstown, PA. or surrounding area who has been banded?
Good Evening,

I was banded at Windber PA and couldn't be happier. The staff, doctor and people were fabulous. I would say the best in the business. Highly reccomend.

Love,

Nicole

I had it done in Harrisburg,PA with Dr. Dimarco. I'm so glad I had it done. I feel good!:tongue:
Hi! I was banded on 2/26 (hi Nicole! Hope things are going well!) and things went great! I try to go to Lean Team every month-- I think the support and ideas are awesome--not to mention all the great success stories... I'm from the ebensburg area-- but i visit Johnstown frequently for work and my sister works at windber hospital... hope to hear from you soon! take care-- maybe we'll meet at the next Lean Team!!

Rachel

HI ,

Hi I too am from Ebensburg. I hope to have my surgery in April by Dr. Marley. Any advise etc would be appreciated!

J.

I live in Alum Bank Bedford county just moved here from Johnstown. I will be banded on March 17th with Dr Marley at Windber hospital. I go tuesday for my pre op and get to start the lovely 2 week diet.

My sil also works at the hospital in xrays. My 2 sons were born in Windber hospital 19 and 23 years ago.

HELLO EVERYONE, I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM AND AM ALSO FROM PA. [THE ALTOONA AREA] I'M GOING TO BE BANDED IN Mexico ON 3-25-08 AND NEED TO FIND A LOCAL DOC FOR MY FILLS. DO YOU KNOW IF YOUR DOC WILL DO FILLS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE'NT BANDED BY THEM? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!:tt2: THANKS SO MUCH!! DARLENE

hello everyone!

If you go to support group you've seen me - I go every month.

Darlene - sorry but Dr. Marley won't touch a Mexican band. I don't know the whole story but he's very firm about it. I heard a girl from Somerset has to go all the way to Erie to get someone who will give her a fill. Is the money that makes you choose mx? I know Dr. Marley does a payment plan, if you have most of the money down maybe you could finance the rest through him? Just a thought. Still wish the best of the bandworld!

HELLO STEPHC,

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY! THE MONEY IS PART OF THE REASON FOR GOING TO MEXICO, BUT THE MAIN REASON FOR ME IS THAT NO DOC IN THE STATES WILL EVEN CONSIDER ME FOR SURGERY BECAUSE I'M OBESE BUT NOT MORBIDLY. DUMB, HUH?? IF I'D GAIN 30 MORE LBS., THEN THEY'D CONSIDER ME. I'M ALREADY HAVING MAJOR HEALTH PROBLEMS AND IF I'D GAIN 30lbs. I'D PROBABLY DIE. ALSO, I RESEARCHED FOR OVER A YEAR AND FOUND THAT Dr. Ortiz IS MORE THAN QUALIFIED TO DO THE SURGERY. HE'S DONE OVER 5000 LAP BANDS [WITH NO DEATHS]..... MAYBE IT WOULD BE EASIER IF I GAVE THE WEB SITE... obesitycontrolcenter.com CHECK HIM OUT. :angry_smile:

AGAIN, THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BAND-VENTURE!!:cursing:

DARLENE

Darlene - I've heard good things about Dr Ortiz, so I don't doubt he's well qualified. If you have health problems they will band you. I think its a bmi of 35. Have you talked to Dr. Marley and gone to his seminar? So if you are a self pay and have co-morbites (sp??) you should be able to have it done here. Either way, I wish you the best. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Darlene - I've heard good things about Dr Ortiz, so I don't doubt he's well qualified. If you have health problems they will band you. I think its a bmi of 35. Have you talked to Dr. Marley and gone to his seminar? So if you are a self pay and have co-morbites (sp??) you should be able to have it done here. Either way, I wish you the best. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

HI STEPH,

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR REPLY! :o

I HAVE COMMITTED TO GOING TO Mexico, MY DEPOSIT'S IN AND MY NON-REFUNDABLE AIRLINE TICKETS ARE PURCHASED. :)

I HAVE FOUND SOME PLACES THAT'LL GIVE ME MY FILLS [i WANT TO GET MY FIRST FILL DONE BY Dr. Ortiz THOUGH] BUT THEY'RE MOSTLY OUT OF STATE. I WAS JUST HOPING TO GET ONE CLOSE TO HOME. JUST COUROUS.. WHAT DOES DR. MARLEY CHARGE FOR SELF PAY?

MUCH APPRECIATO!! DARLENE

I think he charges 13K - I think thats what it was when I had mine done back in Dec 06, so I'm not sure what it is.

When do you leave for Mx?

I think he charges 13K - I think thats what it was when I had mine done back in Dec 06, so I'm not sure what it is.

When do you leave for Mx?

HELLO STEPH,

I LEAVE ON THE 24TH AND MY SURGERY'S THE 25TH. I'M ON THE PRE-OP DIET AND AM NOT LIKING IT TOO MUCH! :shades_smile: