Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

linda,

im planning on going to the support group meeting

val

i was on vacation china, but now i am back

val

I'm going to be there tonight........ My first meeting at BGH......

I believe you go in the door to the left of the Cafe (coffee) shop?

Anyone know if this is correct.

Do they also stamp if you valet Park?

So those who have been at past groups who conducts the support group meeting? Bariatric staff, doctors or just a team of bandsters?

Perhaps it's just a free for all forum?

Thanks all....... Can't wail to meet everyone attending tonight!!

LLL yes the meeting is to the left of the coffee shop. the door says do not enter but you go in. They stamp the valet parking ticket but a lot of times they are full at that hour. They are run by different people, social workers, nutritionists, exercise therapist etc. Then it is a free for all LOL!

Hi All,

Do anyone know what the topic of the group meeting will be?

Also... for those who have the band.... are you able to eat potatoes...does it go down for you? What about baked fries? <--my weakness! :) ...and how does bread go down for you..particularly after one or two fills.

Thanks!

Yvette

I called Dr. Hoffman's office and I got accepted into the program. I'm so excited I just have to wait for another seminar.

wow, I feel so bad that I couldn't join you guys at the meeting tonight. hopefully next time. was it great, did you learn anything how many of us were there from dr. H. thread. hope to make the next one.

10_1_138.gif

welcome biggirl, and bugs buni, it's slow here tonight with everyone at the meeting at BGH. to answer your question big girl NO NO NOT ever

according to Dr. H. on the Potatoes and bread and anything else we all love, like the above, and Pasta and rice, and anything with sugar or starch in it

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

Good morning ladies,

First I'd like to say how wonderful it was to meet everyone last night who attended the meeting. It's sure nice to express my feelings and concerns to everyone. Also to help in any way that my dealings with the band might ease anyones's fears or concerns. Everyone looks terrific. I'm so proud of the success. Also proud of those who have made the decision to take on the band for better health.

Remember we're in this together so if I can be of any help at anytime just let me know!! I'm here for anyone who my need me.

Also as far as potatoes go... I can eat any style out there just as long as you eat them slow and chew well. I find some can be a slight concern. Like over cooked fries(hard ends), cold ones etc...... I enjoy a few fries right from the oven or fryer...But only a few as I like to keep room for other foods I eat during that meal. Now I can only eat 4-5 fries and I'm happy with that amount (Crazy HUH). Geez never thought this would ever happen.

Good morning ladies,

First I'd like to say how wonderful it was to meet everyone last night who attended the meeting. It's sure nice to express my feelings and concerns to everyone. Also to help in any way that my dealings with the band might ease anyones's fears or concerns. Everyone looks terrific. I'm so proud of the success. Also proud of those who have made the decision to take on the band for better health.

Remember we're in this together so if I can be of any help at anytime just let me know!! I'm here for anyone who my need me.

Also as far as potatoes go... I can eat any style out there just as long as you eat them slow and chew well. I find some can be a slight concern. Like over cooked fries(hard ends), cold ones etc...... I enjoy a few fries right from the oven or fryer...But only a few as I like to keep room for other foods I eat during that meal. Now I can only eat 4-5 fries and I'm happy with that amount (Crazy HUH). Geez never thought this would ever happen.

Dear LLL,23_30_126.gif

do you really eat potatoes, and does Dr. H know. Cause he reemed me a new one when I told him I ate a small baked potatoe and he was really angry and said to never eat pot, rice, bread, etc. I'm so confused? and now, I am not losing, and my body is playing this gain and lose 3 lbs. every other day. and also, I feel like I can eat alot for someone banded. I've had 2 1.5cc fills the last on 8/26 and whatever they put in my band at surg. Any feedback would be wonderful, cause I feel like i'm doing everything wrong..

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

Bandofgold,

WOW I never have been told never, ever eat any Pot, Pasta, bread or rice. But how ever I never eat Pasta, bread or rice since it either becomes stuck, fills me way to much or becomes a slider food depending on the way it's prepared. Potatoes I do eat in very limited amounts. I've eaten mostly my Protein and eaten a few fries, a few bites of plain baked or even a few nibbles of potatoe salad. I think you're not at your sweet spot yet.

So let's see he places 3cc in at Surgery and you have two fills at 1.5cc which makes you at 6cc in your 10cc. I have 7.5cc in my band and I also had my last fill on 8/26 and I can say this is the best fill level to date... I'm so at my sweet spot. It was a bit tight at first and it settled down with-in the 10 days only since I had to learn again to slow down, chew and trust the band. I was a bit to comfy and the new fill made me go back to basics. Now I'm trained to this fill and the pounds are again dropping off me.

When is your next appointment?? Mine is 10/28 @ 9:30.......

Edited by LiveLoveLaugh

Also I think he kinda got on you since your so newly banded and he wants mostly protein.... No carbs. He never asks me what I eat in detail...... But he asks me do you eat your Protein first, and I do that with every meal (Protein first) so not much room for those potatoes!!

Do you still drink Protein Shakes? Any calorie drinks? This is a hugh no no at this stage.... Your three months out... No shakes and I never drink any calories what so ever. What about POP?

It was so great meeting everyone last night.. All were so nice and helpful.. OMG -- I am full of questions.. Hope you don't mind !! OK guys, what is the sweet spot and what is a slider food ? Got to get with the lingo if I want to succeed..

shar

I wanted also to say your doing awesome....... Your close to 10lbs a month.... That's no easy feat........ Your in what they call bandster hell..... Your dropped weight, now your fill is not quite at the sweet spot to get you back in the loser arena. I was there just like you when I was filled the second time at the exact level of 6cc. I played with the same pounds lost... Until this third fill taking me to 7.5cc.

Bandster hell - between fills not losing, yet you can eat more food and not gain weight.

Sweet spot - Your eating without getting stuck, satisfied with what you're eating and the portions are awesome, and losing weight.

Slider foods- food that's either to wet, or soft and can go past the band as soon as you swallow. Does not stay in the band no more than 30 seconds.