Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

update: 4 pm office is closing and im on my way to get unfilled. barb stayed to unfill me 1.2cc, so i am going backwards, filled .7 at 12 and unfilled 1.2 at 4pm. sigh... this sucks so bad, have to go back tues. for .5 cc fill. i was at 5cc and some air so i cant hold as much as i could before the revision which was almost 6cc. confused yet? me too....

Yup :tongue2: .... It was those damn tylonol! Well atleast you'll get something back next tuesday. I wonder why she took so much out?? She should have taken .5 out and left you .2 to the good:huh2:anyways atleast you're not foaming at the mouth anymore. :(.

How long does it take for a fill to really kick-in good? For me it seems to take two to three weeks and I see for some it takes a couple hours?? I got filled on the 17th and I think it's starting to really kick-in some. But it's strange cause my pouch feels full and yet I feel hunger in my lower stomach..that's not suppose to happen :(

I asked her to take out half, but she was pi**ed off that Hoff wouldn't come back in and she said i feel like just deflating u and i said just cause ur mad at him, dont take it out on me, and she say oh im not taking it out on u really nice like but i know she is, just to spite him...and it takes me about two weeks to feel the fill and I have always said i never feel it in my lower stomach, im always hungry, even if my pouch is ready to explode...

I asked her to take out half, but she was pi**ed off that Hoff wouldn't come back in and she said i feel like just deflating u and i said just cause ur mad at him, dont take it out on me, and she say oh im not taking it out on u really nice like but i know she is, just to spite him...and it takes me about two weeks to feel the fill and I have always said i never feel it in my lower stomach, im always hungry, even if my pouch is ready to explode...

Yup that'll fix him alright...deflate your band so that you gain more weight..good going barb. :) sheesh!

but yeah that is a weird feeling to be full in the pouch but not in the lower stomach. Now I try to drink a glass of Water a half hour before preparing my meal so that atleast something is in my lower stomach.

OMG! That all sounds so scary. I drink my Tylenol. Tastes better too. I haven't had an office fill yet. I'm still on the fill from surgery on 6/28 but I think I should have had one in July because I'm eating more, not gaining...but not losing either. I'm still eating about a cup to a cup in a half of food per meal, I'm walking about a mile or mile in a half per day and I can't budge from 209/210 (keeps fluctuating). So I'm disappointed that I'm still fat 2 months after surgery.

Now my next appt. isn't until the end of Sept. I want a fill but now after reading so many of these horror stories I'm scared to death of getting the fill.

My insurance will only pay for 20 aqua therapy's a year and I've already had 18 and my back is starting to hurt again. My last doc appt was mid July and I wonder why my next on isn't until end of Sept. Long wait. Do Fills hurt? Do the majority of people who get filled have problems?:)

OMG! That all sounds so scary. I drink my Tylenol. Tastes better too. I haven't had an office fill yet. I'm still on the fill from surgery on 6/28 but I think I should have had one in July because I'm eating more, not gaining...but not losing either. I'm still eating about a cup to a cup in a half of food per meal, I'm walking about a mile or mile in a half per day and I can't budge from 209/210 (keeps fluctuating). So I'm disappointed that I'm still fat 2 months after surgery.

Now my next appt. isn't until the end of Sept. I want a fill but now after reading so many of these horror stories I'm scared to death of getting the fill.

My insurance will only pay for 20 aqua therapy's a year and I've already had 18 and my back is starting to hurt again. My last doc appt was mid July and I wonder why my next on isn't until end of Sept. Long wait. Do Fills hurt? Do the majority of people who get filled have problems?:)

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT, SOMETIMES I GET FILLS AND HAVE NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. THE PROBLEM IS WHEN U GET CLOSE TO UR SWEET SPOT, JUST A LITTLE CAN PUT YOU OVER AND CAUSE YOU TO GET STUCK. THE FILLS DONT REALLY HURT, HOFFMAN USED TO USE A LITTLE NOVACAIN, BUT NOW NO ONE DOES, THE NEEDLE IS BIG, BUT IT ONLY GOES A LITTLE WAYS IN AND THEN IT IS IN THE PORT, SO ITS NOT DEEP..

VET, THATS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO TELL U FOR A LONG TIME THAT I NEVER FELT FULL, IT SUCKS REALLY, YOU JUST FEEL IT IN YOUR CHEST AND NOT YOUR STOMACHE??? WELL, GURLFRIEND, WELCOME TO MY WORLD.....LOL..

OOPS SORRY BOUT THE CAPS, FORGOT TO TURN IT OFF...:thumbup:

Hey Val, are we still doing the Bandster Picnic on 9/11? I need to know before I buy a case of turkey burgers.

Also, anyone who plan on coming please respond to this thread and let us know what you are bringing.

Thanks!

My insurance will only pay for 20 aqua therapy's a year and I've already had 18 and my back is starting to hurt again. My last doc appt was mid July and I wonder why my next on isn't until end of Sept. Long wait. Do Fills hurt? Do the majority of people who get filled have problems?:biggrin:

Hi Barbee,

Not everyone have problems with the fills. I think it depends on how sensitive your stomach is to them. I do'nt have problems with the fill itself but I've had problems with heartburn. Depending on your pain level they can be a little uncomfortable.

You'll be ok :thumbup:

i havent really heard from anyone so i guess its off. sorry i havent posted but i have been on vacation

i havent really heard from anyone so i guess its off. sorry i havent posted but i have been on vacation

well maybe next year there'll more responses.

So how was vacation...what did you do and where did you go?

Next year we could always get permission to put some flyers at the clinic so that other banders who do'nt use this site will know about it too. We can even add the bypass pts too.. After all its all about the journey ..not so much the procedure.

thats a good idea yvette...but we might have to consider a park, depending on the number of people. i had a great vacation. the weather was awesome. i went to long beach in canada

thats a good idea yvette...but we might have to consider a park, depending on the number of people. i had a great vacation. the weather was awesome. i went to long beach in canada

Good for u val, hopefully we can all get together next year and everyone will think we are swimsuit models......LOL.....:biggrin:

Hi everybody! Just wanted to check in. Its been awhile!! My 1st fill went well. Quick which was good. Yesterday I went to the gym all by myself for the first time since surgery. I should have started going back sooner but I've had a hard time getting myself motivated as I dont have anyone to go with. Not that that is a good excuse. I did 2 miles on the treadmill. Really wanted to do 3 miles but figure I'll work up to 3 miles next week. My fill was August 14th and I dont feel very much restriction anymore again. My band is a 14cc band and it has a total of 4.5cc. I am very much looking forward to my next fill Sept. 22nd. Of course will let everyone know how that goes. I really wanted to go to the get together but promised my big brother that I would go to the Peach Festival in Lewiston. So that is where I will be at on Saturday lol. I got to go ''closet'' shopping this past weekend. Found an old pair of size 24 Jeans... fit with out any issues at all... THAT was awesome no looking forward to a size 22...one day...one size at a time! I sure hope everyone is doing well. My progress is slow...but its still there :).

Wow...nothing posted since my post on the 8th... sure hope everyone is doing alright!! I know its easy to get busy and distracted. My 2nd fill is tomorrow... will post an update afterwards...

<3 Anny