Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

kathy,

i didnt tell my family until 2 days before...now they tell everyone i had it done. its great ur husband is supporting it. it does sometimes take a while to get ur application but hang in there. u have comorbidities so it should be covered even though ur bmi is 39. i had the same problem...weight watchers didnt work and even though i worked out alot the scale just wouldnt budge. good luck

val

Vicki,

thanks for the encouragement... I think I am allowing enough carbs into my diet... Once in awhile (xmas time of course) I have a cookie here and there.. I am also stealing a few of my husbands french fries here and there and I have been eating chicken fingers of course with the breading, but have not had a slice of bread or baked potato or any Pasta at all since way way before the surgery.

I have not been exercising much only because Kim (Nurse Practitioner) told me not to go over 2 to 2 1/2 miles an hour on the treadmill. So when I go to work out, its not even like a work out. I don't even break a sweat !! And I feel that its for nothing. At home, I have four floors and am going constantly up and down the stairs.. I get more of a workout home than at the gym.

Well I just got a call from the clinic and I have an appointment on Jan 12 at 3pm with Lori.. Maybe I ccan get a fill !! Is anyone going at that time ?? I would love to sit and have a cup of tea with you.

thanks

shar

my appt is 1/20.....i had to change my appt in december and this was the first appt i could get...dont think ill need a fill....i still have times i can eat very little and i think ive lost about 8 lbs since october

val

Hi,

Thanks val for the info. So u had comorbities too. What was your BMI?? Iam going to look into the southbeach diet and see what iam in for. Thanks again for th.e help. Will keep in touch.

Kathy:redface:

kathy,

my bmi was over 40- so i qualified both ways but i know others whose bmi was lower but qualified due to their comorbidities. u an check out the southbeach diet but you dont want to start it till you have your first weigh in

val

Hi,

Thanks val for the info. So u had comorbities too. What was your BMI?? Iam going to look into the southbeach diet and see what iam in for. Thanks again for th.e help. Will keep in touch.

Kathy:redface:

Kathy, My BMI was also lower.. 38 or 39 but I qualified because of my sleep Apnea. I needed a copy of the report. I had a sleep study approx 5-6 years ago. I thought for sure that they would have me get another sleep study but as long as I was able to come up with the report, I was golden.

shar

Thank you Val and NBgirl,

You've both been a great help. Now all i have to do is wait for my applacation to come. Iam going to see my allergy doc. in a month i'll get the report from him about my alleriges and my asmetha. I see my pcp in jan. ill get all my info from him and get copies of all my test and stuff. I seen a physc. assitins a few times but that probley won't count for the physc evalation will it???? Ive been to a gastro doc too, should i get infofrom him too??? LOL been to so many docs its crazy:tongue_smilie:I would like to get as much of the paperwork done before going to my first app. Which i don't know when that will be , waiting for applaction first. Well take care everyone. Talk to ya soon:thumbup:

Kathy (lucky)

well back home after the surgery. I am aching so bad. Trying to figure out if this pain in my upper abdomin & chest is gas or my acid reflux or the surgery or the band...etc...i'm sure its all of the above. I know this is a good thing i had done but I AM SOOO HUNGRY RIGHT NOW!!! And I want to take more pain meds but on an empty stomach its been making me throw up. Well I'm going to keep walking around the house trying to get rid of some of this gas pressure.....

:biggrin:Hi everyone,

Guess what????? I got my applaction in the mail today, i can't believe it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just called last friday. I though i was going to be waiting for a few months.:) Well now iam excited and scared all atthe same time. Well take care and talk to ya soon.

Kathy

Guess what????? I got my applaction in the mail today, i can't believe it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just called last friday. I though i was going to be waiting for a few months.:wink2: Well now iam excited and scared all atthe same time. Well take care and talk to ya soon.

Kathy

Dear Lucky... Good !! I'm glad you received the application. Get the application filled out, your letter written and have your doc fill in his portion.... send it in asap !!! Then gather up all the add'l medical information prior to the clinic visit... you really don't want to hold up the application at this point. After they receive your application, they will then invite you to attend a seminar that is very informative. the clinic visit comes after you attend the seminar (all of us needed to attend the seminar before the clinic visit).

If you have gotten a colonoscopy in the past, get the report and add it to the information also and bring it all to the clinic visit with you.. The clinic visit is when they weigh you and put you on the south beach diet for you to loose the 5% of your total weight.

good luck

shar

Vicki,

thanks for the encouragement... I think I am allowing enough carbs into my diet... Once in awhile (xmas time of course) I have a cookie here and there.. I am also stealing a few of my husbands french fries here and there and I have been eating chicken fingers of course with the breading, but have not had a slice of bread or baked potato or any Pasta at all since way way before the surgery.

I have not been exercising much only because Kim (Nurse Practitioner) told me not to go over 2 to 2 1/2 miles an hour on the treadmill. So when I go to work out, its not even like a work out. I don't even break a sweat !! And I feel that its for nothing. At home, I have four floors and am going constantly up and down the stairs.. I get more of a workout home than at the gym.

Well I just got a call from the clinic and I have an appointment on Jan 12 at 3pm with Lori.. Maybe I ccan get a fill !! Is anyone going at that time ?? I would love to sit and have a cup of tea with you.

thanks

shar

Dear N. bflo girl, I also have eaten a cookie here and there and a french fry here and there. one of my favorite foods is chicken fingers and wings with blue cheese and i still lost 70lbs. so dont fret, as long as it is only here and there and not all the time like pre op I think we are doing well. I remember the days of full plates of fries and Cookies lol... take care and keep me posted...My appt is 1/23 at 2:30

Guess what????? I got my applaction in the mail today, i can't believe it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just called last friday. I though i was going to be waiting for a few months.:wink2: Well now iam excited and scared all atthe same time. Well take care and talk to ya soon.

Kathy

congrats kathy, just don't get too excited as it will still take several months before surg. but your on your way and that is what is important. Your in for a journey that will change your life forever, in a good way. way to go.............vicki

Are you supposed to feel that tight full feeling while still on liquids, because I'm not. I seem to have no problem at all w/the Protein Shakes or broth but I'm trying to not eat/drink them all too much at a time.

And has nayone heard when the next support group meeting is?

Danielle

I'm trying to figure out how to start that ticker thing, I remember someone writing directions in here but i cant find them anywhere...any suggestions?