Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Praying Ill make it through another 11 days of just optifast!

Hey guys I was banded on 2/7/08 I had to do the 2 week pre-op diet liquids only. well I did the Optifast shakes the first 2days then I had to stop!.. I was throwing up so bad that I had to call my surgeon who said stop drinking them and go to full liquids. So I did.. I dropped about 4lbs . I don't think I could have done the whole 2 weeks on just the shakes... Thank god my dr was ok with me going on just liquids.

This is day 4 of my Protein shake/liquid diet, I cry every night about 8pm, when I have the I WILL EAT something battle, thankfully I have won, after arguing with myself for 30 minutes! I have lost 14 lbs in the last 4 days, you think that would be a motivator but it isn't I want to eat, I have chewed LOADS of gum, but I want a salad, steamed vegies, SOMETHING!!

My surgery is the 25th of feb, God give me the strentgh to make it through another meal....Amen!

Good luck fellow bandsters to be :girl_hug::)

Hello Everyone!

Today is day one of my liquid diet with Optifast and I'm so excited about the surgery which is scheduled for 2/26. Although Ive been satisfied drinking the Optifast, Ive been enticed by the smell and preparation of food that i've been preparing for my Husband and children. Ive been encouraging myself not to give in. Its difficult, but Im trying to train my mind into thinking, "I don't need it!" or "You can do this!". Ive been thinking of all of the food that I have easy access to. Praying I can make it for another 13 days of just a liquid diet (11 days optifast/ last 2 days of clear liquids). Has anyone been where I am? :unsure:

I am also scheduled for the 26th. I am on Medifast. I know what you mean. It is hard when you smell real food cooking. I am not prepairing food right now. My husband is making his own dinner. I am not sure I could stand the temptation.

Hang in there though!!!! *o/* WE CAN DO IT!!!!!

I am on day 8 of Optifast and it's all downhill from here. This past weekend I thought I was in big trouble - I was so tired, so weak and felt ill with headaches. I just wanted to vomit every time I made up a shake, or a destert. I tried to eat a bar on Saturday but had real trouble getting it near my lips. The high levels of soy or Protein in them was getting to me!

The key is to not give up. Every day is another one to tick off and if you survive this day you can tomorrow too. I do believe it gets easier, as yesterday and today I have had great days. I just hope tomorrow and thursday are just as good also. I still feel hungry all the time, but I am trying not to focus on that.

I have dropped 5kg (for our American friends - that's 11lbs) in 8 days and am stoked. If I can drop another kilogram before Friday I will feel even better. These are kilos I will never see again....that's gotta be a good thing. :unsure:

Wow Kylie that great, just two days to go. You made it. You must feel very proud of yourself. I wish you the best for your surgery. I will say a prayer for you. I still have a week to go, the 26th. I saw the doctor today and I am down 10.8 lbs. Also picked up another two weeks of Optifast. The doctor said to stay on the Optifast for the first week following surgery then I can introduce other liquids.

Jim

Enchanted Ruby how are you feeling? Did getting on the clear liquids help with the throwing up? This Optifast is not something I would want to be on for longer that I have to be for pre-surgery. It's working, but I am thinking ahead to when I can again have at least clear liquids like broth and maybe some sugar free Jello. I hope you are ok.

Thanks god for these boards. I am on day 2 of Optifast. I just chug it I CAN'T SMELL IT, or else,....yuck,.,. I am also doing at night 1 slimfast, which tastes better.

My band date is 3/4/08 and I have to Optifast till then

I need all your support.....

I got banded on Feb. 12, today is my 8th day on liquids only. I don't know if I can do this for another 13 days. So I'm having a hard time also.

i am scheduled for banding 3/5/08. i have been on the old liquids now for 2 days and can actually say i am doing okay for the short term, however, the 2d day after surgery my doc says i can go to anything that will pour from a spoon so creativity is the key. if it can get into a blender it is gonna go. i don't mind the Protein Drinks, but man i need something with some real food flavor. so here's to you all, we can muscle thru this, we never have to do it again!!! Woo Hoo! g2s

Well, I am taking it day by day, hour by hour. I can honestly say yesterday was a NO CHEATING DAY. I made it thru. Today, has started well so far. My problem is at night after I get home from work. I have to make dinner for the family and I'm ok during that, I drink alot of Water or suck on some sugarless candy. But when 7pm-8pm hits, it's like the for food FLOODGATES OPEN......it so hard.

I did buy the sugarless coffee Syrup, vanilla flavor, don't really taste the difference, but I use it and close my eyes when I drink the shake. I try to drink it without breathing and fast. If I smell it, it makes me want to puke.

But I know this is temporary. That is what I keep telling myself and I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 5lbs. Can you believe it.....

This motivates me and listening to ya'll keeps me going.

C'mon Future Bandee's TOGETHER WE UNITE. WE WILL DRINK OUR Optifast, SUCK ON SUGARLESS CANDY, HAVE A SUGARLESS Jello, DRINK Water AND LOVE IT. THIS IS FOR OUR FUTURE HEALTH!!!!!

My date is Feb 27th so I am down to days also. I had my gallbladder out last week, so I am on day 8 of clear liquids and it is the hardest thing I have ever done! I may never be able to eat Jello and broth again once this is done LOL Hang in there and we will look back later and this will have meant nothing really...thats what I hear anyways :)

Karina,

Are you using something to "whip" the shake? If I use the vanilla and whip it, then it is much better. Lighter to drink.

I'm down to my last 4 days. Put a couple of bites of a few things in a my mouth over the 2 weeks but did pretty good overall.

Just have 2 more weeks of Optifast after the surgery... YIKES!

Cindy

I have been there ,just had the surgery tuesday.What I did was mix the Optifast with coffee maple flavor, ice cubes and blend it tasted like a ice mocha. With vanilla i mixed with flavored water, or herbal tea exspecially chai,or crystal light I like it with more liquid than it says so its not so thick.I went down the baking and spices in the store and just added things like coconut flavor,peppermint,cinnamin the list goes on.When it was time to feed the family I fed them then got my drink ready while they where eating and had my extra vegtables with them also and by the time I got there they where almost done I was hungry and had my food with them at he end of their meal.