Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wal-Mart opening up doctors offices in store.

I read on my home page this morning, that Wal-Mart is going to open up doctors of offices in it stores. I took the poll that they were doing; 41 per cent said NO, 40 per cent said Yes, and the rest didn't know if they would use the doctor offices.

I for one wouldn't dream of getting my hair done there, nor would I dream of getting my taxes done. I'm pretty sure....ok no way in hell would I go to a doctor there.

Would you?

Never, but I'm venturing to guess this is to reach some of the thousands who are uninsured & broke.

Hell no. Never.

Do I think it's a good idea for poor, uninsured people? Sure, as long as they don't mind getting everyone in the front of the store sick. :thumbdown:

I think it's great for the poor and uninsured. Also some of the walmarts are in a really really small town and they have the fire and police dept. built in why not the doctors office too?

Why wouldn't you go?

It would be a walk in clinic type urgent care center.

It can only lessen the burden our Emergency Rooms have on a daily basis with the uninsured looking for medical care.

Some of the stop in Dr.s offices have a low payment and SOME even have a follow up at no charge.

I bet you'll see a lot more people taking advantage of their open house type screenings. Early widespread intervention is a good thing.

It's a good idea.

Never, but I'm venturing to guess this is to reach some of the thousands who are uninsured & broke.

Are you kidding me? Uninsured and broke? I am certainly not broke and my insurance is outstanding. What I DO have is two kids and myself who sometimes need medical care for simple things such as ear infection, UTI's, bladder infections, and the like and I do not have the time to go to the doctors office for every little thing. To add to it, I don't need to worry about getting in to see a doc friday night if I have a sinus infection before a doctors office is closed. They take insurance, I pay a co-pay to go to minute-clinic located at many CVS drugstores and grocery stores and Redi-clinic available at places such as H.E.B. Why would you not utilize an option that gives you adequate medical attention for simple things? I know I don't want to sit around a docs office half my morning to confirm my kid has strep. I can do that in 20 minutes at a facility like this. The staff is well trained, not Walmart employes. Jeez, people. An uninsured person will still have to pay a fee to see a someone, I believe that fee is $60. This is not just for 'poor' people. Please get more informed.

Hell no. Never.

Do I think it's a good idea for poor, uninsured people? Sure, as long as they don't mind getting everyone in the front of the store sick. :thumbdown:

As if germs are not spread at docs offices and the pharmacy's we ALL go to when filling prescriptions.

If you think that nationalized medicine or managed healthcare are not up to the quality we expect in the US, then wait till you see the cost effectiviness measures at Wal-Mart. I seriously doubt that Wal-Mart will be able to provide quality health-care while keeping costs low. Knowing Wal-Mart, it's mainly to give their employees to not take time off to go to the DR. You know that Wal-Mart didn't get where it is by giving good wages or benefits to it's front line employees.

gk

Are you kidding me? Uninsured and broke? I am certainly not broke and my insurance is outstanding. What I DO have is two kids and myself who sometimes need medical care for simple things such as ear infection, UTI's, bladder infections, and the like and I do not have the time to go to the doctors office for every little thing. To add to it, I don't need to worry about getting in to see a doc friday night if I have a sinus infection before a doctors office is closed. They take insurance, I pay a co-pay to go to minute-clinic located at many CVS drugstores and grocery stores and Redi-clinic available at places such as H.E.B. Why would you not utilize an option that gives you adequate medical attention for simple things? I know I don't want to sit around a docs office half my morning to confirm my kid has strep. I can do that in 20 minutes at a facility like this. The staff is well trained, not Walmart employes. Jeez, people. An uninsured person will still have to pay a fee to see a someone, I believe that fee is $60. This is not just for 'poor' people. Please get more informed.

Well, I thought I was being informed in my comments based off the fact I read the flyer on my CAR left by Walmart while shopping - Advertising Doctor facilities in the near future (including Dental). That flyer suggested a solution to those uninsured & broke - so I didn't throw that out to be flippant.

Would I use these - No, maybe as a last resort.

I totaly agree with you Luluc. I had'nt thought about that until you said that.

It's going to be nice for the people with less money or uninsured.

Terry

Ok, Ok, Ok......It will be nice for those that want Wal-Mart health care.

I think over all its going to be....you get what you pay for.