Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 3rd - Anyone Else?

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to give an update. I have lost 16 lbs so far!!!! Im so excited. I have less than 2 weeks before my first fill but I am so happy

with the results this far.

I hope everyone is having a great week.

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to give an update. I have lost 16 lbs so far!!!! Im so excited. I have less than 2 weeks before my first fill but I am so happy

with the results this far.

I hope everyone is having a great week.

Fantastic news, hon! That is so great!

I'm still stuck at 12 pounds and I think I'll be stalled here for a little while. As long as I'm not gaining, I'm happy. :embaressed_smile:

Got home 3/20 8:30pm

surgery was noon 3/19.

they wouldn't let me leave until I peed.......like all this liquid won't get out of me some how!!!!!

Home and pretty comfortable, a bit of shoulder pain, but over all I feel good.

Taking it easy, some walking and still on Clear Liquids for a few days..

This is the best thing I could have done for myself

now life moves forward

:shades_smile:

Hi All,

Well this is the beginning of my fourth week post surgery, and I have to say that the honeymoon is over and my weight loss is slowing. I have lost 16 pounds in the last three weeks, so I'm really happy with that. I unfortunately, started having Snacks here and there in between meals and I think that's why I am at a stand still now. I am back on plan today and committing to keeping myself away from tempting foods. Sounds like everyone else is doing good!

Rukshanna

Hi All,

Well this is the beginning of my fourth week post surgery, and I have to say that the honeymoon is over and my weight loss is slowing. I have lost 16 pounds in the last three weeks, so I'm really happy with that. I unfortunately, started having Snacks here and there in between meals and I think that's why I am at a stand still now. I am back on plan today and committing to keeping myself away from tempting foods. Sounds like everyone else is doing good!

Rukshanna

totally hear you, evansmom. i'm at a standstill too. am happily down 25 lbs since mid february, but only managed to lose half a pound in the last week. that's despite the fact that i've been sticking pretty close to plan and played tennis and went to the gym 5 out of the last 7 days. sigh. i have a feeling that my body is just rebelling a bit from the lower calorie intake. it hasn't been easy tho, hunger is back and i'm definitely able to eat more and more. is this bandster hell?!

at any rate, i'm skedded for my first fill this thursday. yipee! hopefully that i'll start to feel that magical "restriction" feeling. i haven't really experienced that since the middle of last week.

hope everyone is doing well. and thanks to everyone who posted yummy "mushies" recipes. they saved me during this phase.

Hi all! Evansmom you cracked me up with the "honeymoon is over" statement. : ) It might be but now the comfortable relationship with our bands is starting so that's cool too ehh?! ; ) I didn't do as well after surgery as it sounds like most of you have done. Some people think its because I had some other surgeries, (partial hysterectomy, bladder con. where they go in through my belly button, and an appendectiomy) all in the same general areas. BUT OMG, it took me two solid weeks to feel good with the incisions. Of course I'm sure me taking the steri strips off early had nothing to do with the slow healing process. LOL

But now I'm feeling great! I've lost 13 lbs so far and feel like I'm at a stand still. I'm ok with that but am looking forward to my first fill which will be on April 17th. Seems like a long ways away but my doc wants to fill after 8 weeks instead of 6. Darn it! ; )

I know its coming though. I've definitely cut down on my portion size of any types of food. During the liquid phase, the mushie phase, and even now in the regular food phase. My lunch buddy here at work says she doesn't think I am eating more the a cup and a half max so that's cool. AND I feel full! How great is that!

I can hardly wait until this thread group is still sharing in a year!!! We should have a reunion. LOL : ) Or maybe just share photo's online! You all have been such a great support. And even when my energy was low and I didn't feel like posting it was great reading yours and KNOWING I had this support group!

Keep up the good work everyone! Take care and I'll talk to you all soon!

Terri

Hi all! Evansmom you cracked me up with the "honeymoon is over" statement. : ) It might be but now the comfortable relationship with our bands is starting so that's cool too ehh?! ; ) I didn't do as well after surgery as it sounds like most of you have done. Some people think its because I had some other surgeries, (partial hysterectomy, bladder con. where they go in through my belly button, and an appendectiomy) all in the same general areas. BUT OMG, it took me two solid weeks to feel good with the incisions. Of course I'm sure me taking the steri strips off early had nothing to do with the slow healing process. LOL

But now I'm feeling great! I've lost 13 lbs so far and feel like I'm at a stand still. I'm ok with that but am looking forward to my first fill which will be on April 17th. Seems like a long ways away but my doc wants to fill after 8 weeks instead of 6. Darn it! ; )

I know its coming though. I've definitely cut down on my portion size of any types of food. During the liquid phase, the mushie phase, and even now in the regular food phase. My lunch buddy here at work says she doesn't think I am eating more the a cup and a half max so that's cool. AND I feel full! How great is that!

I can hardly wait until this thread group is still sharing in a year!!! We should have a reunion. LOL : ) Or maybe just share photo's online! You all have been such a great support. And even when my energy was low and I didn't feel like posting it was great reading yours and KNOWING I had this support group!

Keep up the good work everyone! Take care and I'll talk to you all soon!

Terri

Terri, I am all for a reunion or sharing photos online. Either way, we can Celebrate how far we've come! Great idea!

That's kinda one of the reasons I started that getting to know you thread for the March Bandsters. I love getting to know everyone as they are now so we can really see the difference a year or more from now. :wink:

hey Guys,

I feel like my weight loss might be slowing too. On Monday I was cleared to go back to a regular food diet, thank goodness!! I have lost 13 pounds, which I am really happy about. I dont go for my first fill until april 15th. I can not wait until then. Because I feel as if I can eat a lot. I still dont feel as if I can eat as much as I used to, however, I cant wait to get a fill so that I will not be able to eat as much.

I did start excersising on Monday night, I am so sore!! I did a video "slim in 6". It is squats and lunges, ugh, I hate those, however, those are the areas that I need to work on the most!!

I am going to do eliptical today.

I hope everyone is doing well... Lets all hand in there!!:ohmy:

Just over 1 week post-op and doing pretty good. Overdid myself yesterday and paid for it last night. Today wil take it easy a bit, but still may hit the mall for a chance to get a short walk in, minus the rain!!!! I was so hoping for great weather for my re-coup time.. but mother nature has other ideas...

Still having issues with shoulder pain, and lots of gas "release".

Go to DR for first follow up on 4/4.

My bf yelled at me for doing too much.. said he wanted me to take it easy and be good to myself. he is such a sweetie!!!!!

Hi All,

I am all for a reunion/ sharing photos online in a year! On April 15th, I am scheduled for my first fill. I can't wait as my feeling of restriction is slowly dwindling down. If anyone has their first fill before me, please let me know how it goes!

Happy Monday.

Rukshanna

hi evansmom... glad you're doing so well. good luck with your upcoming fill. i got my first fill last thursday, go figure. (wrote about it earlier on this thread.) sadly, it was not a great experience. but i'm pretty confident it will get better. they had a lot of probs finding the "sweetspot" of my port. the result, i got poked -- a lot. it hurt for a couple of days, but am all better now. funny thing is, it's taken a few days to feel any added restriction. i'm definitely full faster than i was before the 1cc add, but i can clearly use another cc. luckily, i'm skedded for another fill on 4/10.

my only bit of advice: ask for the a little local anesthetic, just in case they have a prob locating your port.

hope all goes well! and good luck to everyone getting filled soon.

Edited by hungry4help

I don't have my doctor's appointment until April 23. That is when I will get my first fill. I had to change the date for travel purposes. I have to drive 4 hours to see the doctor...so plans are a must. I feel like my retriction isn't as much as it used to be. I think I am restricting myself by keeping the portions small. I did start soft foods over the weekend. They have been going down great.

Let me know how the first fill goes.

Hi Evansmom and the rest of my fellow banders! I as well am feeling less and less restriction as the days go by. I don't get my firt fill until April 17th and am very excited about that. So make sure and post how it goes Evansmom with your first fill.

Hungry4help, sorry you had a bit of a time with your fill and thanks for the advise on asking for a local. I've been worried they might have a hard time finding my port as I can't feel it at all.

Can the rest of you feel your band on the outside at all?

Take care all and will talk soon! Happy Weight Loss!!!

Terri

Hi All,

I will definitely update everyone on how my first fill goes. Sorry to hear about your experience hungry4help- hopefully next time will be much easier since they know where it is now.

Hi Terrisioux, I definitely can't feel my port or band from the outside.

Take care everyone!

Rukshanna

Terrisioux and others,

I can't feel my band, but my port is noticable. It feels like a bean sized bump just under my skin. It isn't sensitive.