Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Depressed and eating

Hi all I need some support. I was banded Aug. 15, 2007. So far I have lost 35 lbs. I was at 40, but gained 4 back. It should be higher, but most of that is my fault. My life is a mess and the more stressed I get the more I snack and I haven't gone to the gym for two weeks. I am so under appreciated at work it makes me sick. I know find another job. Well it is not that easy for a middle aged woman with double knee replacements to start over. I am not a cry baby so please don't take this wrong.

Our HR dept. is hiring a lab tech to work with me and have me train. The kicker is she is going to make 11,000 a year more than me:angry: WTF:mad: I have tried to talk to HR several times and went as far as to apply for the job myself. I get no reply. Are they trying to get me to leave? I feel like a failure in both weight loss and my job. Oh crap now I am being a cry baby. Thanks to those who read.

JP

Hi jpayton,

I'm sorry you are going through so much stress. I had my little pig out yest. We all have our bad days, just pick yourself up and keep going.

If I find myself snacking too much, I throw whatever it is I am having a problem with in the trash and try to keep it out of the house.

Just don't get discouraged...you can do it.

Don't worry about being a cry baby...this is a support group, a forum where you can come and talk about your problems without the worry of being judged. Honestly sometimes we need to cry and let out some of the pent up frustration and problems out. I wish you the best at your job, and hope that things begin to turn around for you. As far as the weight loss 35 pounds is a substantial loss, that is great...and you are not a failure. You are never a failure until you have given up. Have you given up on yourself yet? I didn't think so.....keep on truckin', and know that all of us here and LBT are here for you!

:lol:

Hey there, JP...

Work sucks. No matter how we slice it and dice it, the best it's ever going to be is 'okay'. The reality is, we only work so that we can have money to live our real lives outside of work. To that end, please don't let some lousy-assed people at work that you probably wouldn't have in your life otherwise, get you down. Your weight loss is your gift to yourself! You may not have control of everything at work, but you DO have control of what you eat and how you choose to treat yourself. So treat yourself like the healthy queen that you are inside! You have already lost a TREMENDOUS amount of weight. Go to the grocery store and load seven 5-lb. bags of sugar in your cart. Take a good look at them, honey, because they used to be on your hips, your thighs and your bottom. Not to mention in your chins (yes chins, plural!) and your arms. But YOU, not anyone at work, LOST THAT WEIGHT! And YOU are NOT ALLOWED to take that away from you!

So everything seems like a big steaming pile of doody right now. Big freaking whoop! It would be a lot harder to deal with if you were 35.6 pounds heavier, wouldn't it!?! You just keep your eye on the prize and be convinced that "this too will pass" and things WILL get better. You are becoming stronger because of what you are now enduring and you will end up a better person for it. Believe it, because it's true.

Keep on keeping on... and keep on coming to here to vent. We're all here to support you and see you through to the other side of fatland!

WestCoast...love your reply! HAHA! Seriously, when things in my life go to hell, my OLD thoughts come back about SCREW this...I'm going to eat whatever...and then I have to STOP and think about WHO am I hurting??? Yep. Only me. No one else gives a crap if I'm fat or not. ONLY ME. SO, while work sucks, you can put yourself first in your life. It's back to the gym tomorrow and tonight, it's making some healthy meals and Snacks so the fridge and your lunch is ready to go for the rest of week.

YOU ARE WORTH IT! Your knees will thank you for it.

AND, I'd keep my eye out for a better job...and don't sell yourself short. GO FOR IT!

Regarding HR, if they are ignoring your requests, start going up the management line and get people to stir things up and find out why you are being ignored. Even if you don't end up with a raise, you definitely deserve the respect of an answer.

Thanks to all, your replies it lifted my spirits. All of you are correct. I am the most important person in my life. I can and will do this! I get a fill this Thursday. I will use this fill to start over like day one. Back on the wagon. Jack you are a wise man. To all of you thanks for the support.

JP

Just wanted to give you all an update. I finally got the interview, and guess what? I am the most qualified and was even told so, however the final decision is not totally on qualifications. This is another way for the company I work for to practice nepatism, cronyism, and weed out undesirable people like myself (too fat, don't wear low cut tops, I think you get the picture).

The good news is I have lost 4 pounds!!! All of you are correct in saying I am more important than any job, and West Coast Fat Guy it is true I would never have any of these people in my life if it were not for work. It is too bad we often have to work at places where we are not appreciated. Between my family and all of you I hope to just be appreciated for me.

I will know for sure this Friday about the job. No matter what I am the one in control of my eating and weight loss, I just need to be reminded every now and again. Jack my jets are fired and I do have a plan B.

I changed my user name due to it was my first initial and last name. I wouldn't want any from work to figure out who I am.:thumbup:

JP

Hey there, short1!

I am soooo proud of how you have taken your life back from those less-than-desireables! It's great that you're again on track to permanent change. Congratulations on your weight loss! Those were 4 pounds that were well-earned and deserved! Keep on keeping on! We're ALL behind you!

Hey shorty

My 2 cents worth, you have lost, what about 40lbs? Man, I hope I can be that much of a failure!

You are doing great and I guess it we all have our ups and downs, the secret is to bounce back and stay positive. Good luck with the job and if it doesn't work out try somewhere else. Find somewhere that deserves YOU!

Way to go Shorty! I can't wait until I hit the 40-pound mark....or the 35 for that matter! I do hope your workplace has a legal department!

Keep up the good work - the work that matters most :cursing:

News flash. I got the job! I am in shock:w00t:. Maybe my life is taking a turn. I am almost scared to be happy, but I am going to give it a try.

News flash. I got the job! I am in shock:w00t:. Maybe my life is taking a turn. I am almost scared to be happy, but I am going to give it a try.

OMG! You TOTALLY made my day! What incredibly good news! I'm soooo sooooo proud of you!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Hi Short1,

I understand what you say about being so under-appreciated at work and how it's hard to attempt a change at our age. I'm very happy for you. Know that these rough times are what make us strong. The bible says that we should embrace these times, knowing they lead to maturity and hope. God bless you and your new job.

Valerie