Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded and Feeling Great

I was banded on Monday the 28th. I was so amazed at how my surgery went. I expected it to much more painful than it was. The worst pain was in my shoulder but was to be expected. I had debated for several years about having the surgery and many times changed my mind because of the fears I had. I am so glad I finally went through with it. I know now that this was meant to be. :biggrin:

Well where do i start im a young mum ( or mom for everyone else)

Never have time for myself and have always been big!!! I spend the first half of the year dieting and the second part putting it all back on!!! cant be good!!

I figured i will soon be 30(next year) and well Im just not prepared to spend my 30s this big! I have a good 150lbs which is about 60kg to loose and I have every intention of doing it.

I have made and cancelled 3 appointments because it is such a dastic step for me but its something that needs to be done and a I know in my heart that it will be the right thing to do! Im worried that I will fail! just like all the other diets ive ever been on but this is a lifestyle change and just a tool I need to get my head around it all!

I have an appointment that im actually looking forward to on the 18th feb08 and if any bandsters out there have any suggestions on what to ask on your first visit that would be really great.

Well wishing you all the very best of luck on your journeys well done for doing what is right for you!

And to " banded and feeling great " well done mate all the best to you as well

Cheers:cool2:

beenA im also in oz n have been planning to do it for a fair long time now but im booked to go in now on the 26th /2 n am so excited bout my new life ahead i think it will change my out look on life forever.. being also a young mum i want to be here for my baby long term,.. i hope u make the right choice for u..

I was banded on Monday the 28th. I was so amazed at how my surgery went. I expected it to much more painful than it was. The worst pain was in my shoulder but was to be expected. I had debated for several years about having the surgery and many times changed my mind because of the fears I had. I am so glad I finally went through with it. I know now that this was meant to be. :biggrin:

Congrats!!! I go a week from today. What was the day of surgery like after the surgery as well as the following couple of days?

Indyguydon,

My surgery was on Jan. 28th. After surgery I was pretty sore, but the incision site where the port is was the worst. The worst part was not being able to drink anything the entire day, but I made it. The day after surgery wasn't bad and the day after I went home I went shopping. The worst pain was in my shoulder, which was from the anesthesia, but now that is gone and I am going back to work tomorrow. I really could have even gone back sooner but I wanted extra time to adjust to my new lifestyle. I'm glad I took the time. Since the surgery I have rarely felt hungry and often times have to remind myself I need to drink in order to get my Protein in. Good luck with your surgery.