Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight have you lost?????

Hey Everyone!

I have enjoyed reading your posts. I am halfway thur my 3 month monitored diet (for my insurance). It is good to read other 40ishers and see you don't have to be 20 to lose weight. I'll continue to watch this site for inspiration. Thanks!

I was banded 9 days ago, and have lost 15 pounds. I am so happy. It is a thrill to get on the scale and see it Continue to go down!! I know that it will slow, or even stop, for a time, but boy, am I having fun right now!!!:mad:

I have lost 36 pounds. It has been really hard after hitting my 6 months of banding. I do have to pick up the exercising. I think that will really help.

Hi all, I am soon to be banded 1 year!!! I have successfully taken off 62 lbs. I'm at the point now that I am thrilled that I have maintained it off. It is much harder to lose now then it was before. It just took me 2 months to take of .5 lbs, and I couldn't be happier!!! There is NO way I could have kept the weight off without the band.

Keep moving forward!!!:(

I have been banded 14 months and I could've written that. I've lost 65 lbs but most of it was the first 6 months - probably 40 lbs of it - then with a few more good adjustments I got the next 20 off, that was tracking calories and walking 4 miles a day - now I'm losing about 1 pound a month (without workign at it). I'm 100% happy with that. I figure if I lose 12 lbs a year that I'll be below my goal in 2 years. Just being able to maintain is WONDERFUL! No more yo-yo'ing for me! Oh and if I get the Tummy Tuck I think that will probably be 5-10 lbs of flabby skin gone too.

Surgery is TOMORROW!!!!! I am so excited to get going. Saw the surgeon today for all the scary risks but I have to have faith that it will all go fine. I'll keep you posted. Clear Liquids started today had my last solids for awhile. BY BYE FAT

Hi all,

I am 46 and was banded on Dec 6, 2007. From the first time I walded through the door of the clinic for my first consult to now I am down 45 pounds. This is the most I have ever lost. The most amazing thing is it is forever. I will never gain it back again.

I am not counting calories since i am very restricted and usually cannot eat much so cannot do too much caloric damage. However, i do work out 3 times a week with a trainer. It makes a huge difference. I hope it keeps dropping since I still have so much to go.

I was banded Dec 3 2007. I have now lost 17.5kg (or 38.5 pounds), I am eating pretty much whatever I like but only about 1/4 of what I used to eat.

*does a happy dance*

Danna:teeth_smile:

Hello Forty Somethings.....I was banded on Nov 9, 2007 and I have lost 61 pounds and I have not had a fill yet.......I work out 5 to 6 days a week and I log my food and journal on Sparkpeople.com I think that helps me to track my progress and keeps me honest.

I have strep throat right now and I have not eaten for two days much of anything, but Protein shakes. I will be happy to not be sick anymore. My banding is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I cannot say enough I have a goal to lose all of my weight by my one year band anniversary and I am no track to do that.

I love working out it has become my new addiction. food happily no longer controls me.

Kristin:

Wow! You've done a great job. You sure have some great numbers to show for just over 3 months of banding. Congratulations. I know that the exercise helps alot. I'm down 113 as of this morning and I walk 5 miles per day 6 days per week. I just started wearing a watch that is a heart monitor too. I'm kind of nuts about the exercise too. I was afraid I wasn't getting a big enough bang for my buck on the exercise. Found out I wasn't working my heart enough. Now that I know I am doing a bit of jogging while I'm walking, and/or I am walking up and down a big hill where I live.

Congratulations again. Your post is inspirational.

Sue

Thank you Sue:

I sure can get discouraged but I know what has happened is amazing. I definately know that the exercise is the key in all of this and I truly love it. I have increased my intensity in my work outs as well, I do Water aerobics twice a week and a body pump class and I also have begun walking on the treadmill 2 miles a day on a 6% incline, that really works my butt.......I love how the exercise makes me feel. I love the enegry and sense of well being that I have now that I did not have before.

You my dear are truly the inspiration, to be already more than 100 pounds down that is what I am so shooting for, I do not want to relax in this experience, I want to keep pushing for great results. I wanted to prove to myself that this can be done without feeling deprived. I now know that I am not deprived at all, and that I feel fulfilled.

Great experience for me. Congratulations and keep up the continued effort I am certain you will make that goal sooner than later.

I am down 37 pounds since my pre surgery phase, which I started December 17th, 2007. Since Surgery December 31, 2007 I have lost 13 pounds. I am so happy with that.

Banded 2/19/2008 and as of 3/20/2008 down 13 pounds. Feels like I should be down thirty haha.

I was banded December 2005, so I'm 2 and a bit years out. I have lost 115% of my excess weight, 40kg (or 85-90lb) and feel better than I did in my 20's - and I wasnt even fat then! I was nowhere near as fit as I am now though.

update - I posted on 2/19 and said I had lost 65 lbs. I got a fill a week ago and I have already lost 5 lbs! So the slow 1 lb a month is out the door with a good fill. I had actually thought I was tight enough but then looking at my stats on my signature I realized it had been 6 months and 20 lbs since my last fill. I plan on having a tt within a month so I really wanted to get another 10 lbs off before surgery. This is my 7th fill in 15 months, my advice to anyone who wants it is to get in and get those adjustments.

I was actually pretty happy with where I was at and even losing as slowly as I was but now that I'm back on the losing side again it feels great! If I look back over my weight loss journey I would say I had about 3 periods of slow losing, either I got a better fill or stepped up the exercise or started tracking my food intake to get back to losing again.

When I updated my ticker yesterday I was floored when I saw that 70 lb mark! Wow!