Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight have you lost?????

OMG!! I am sooo impressed by all of your stats and accomplishments!! I can't wait to join you and post my successes. May 1st is the day for me!!!!

This thread is such an inspiration to me. I just can't imagine losing, plateauing, losing, losing!!! It has always been lose, plateau, plateau, gain, gain, gain for me!!!!!

When I went to see the nutritionist, she went through my weight history. It was interesting to see that I have always been overweight, but was able to get back within a certain weight. It has been the last 3 yrs that I have crept up from that weight..... Now with diabetes and sleep apnea, it's time for me to take this step...

The serenity prayer sits right in front of me and it is also my inspiration:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courager to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference!!!!!!

I hit TWENTY today!

It's not terribly noticable to most people, but I can feel the difference....my fingers are getting smaller....I can fit in to some pants that I couldn't before....

Awesome Harleygirl!!!!!!!!

You should reward yourself in some way...not with food (LOL)

Don't worry about what other people see...just stay forward focused....

So, what is your next mini goal?????

Keep it up!!! I am right behind you!!!!! :huh2:

Awesome Harleygirl!!!!!!!!

You should reward yourself in some way...not with food (LOL)

Don't worry about what other people see...just stay forward focused....

So, what is your next mini goal?????

Keep it up!!! I am right behind you!!!!! :purplebananna:

Next mini goal.....hmmmm.....under 200 by May 1st!

It's been a long time since my body has been in ONEderland!

The numbers and the way I feel are really a reward in themselves......but yes, I should probably buy myself something pretty.....saw some killer spring Steve Madden shoes at DSW today!

Harleygirl- wtg on the 20lbs down! I remember that no one "noticed" until I had gotten down about 30-40 lbs. Then it was just little things like "did you get your hair cut?" I was really mad at my mil bc she hadnt' seen me all winter (this was my first year banded) and everytime we'd talk she'd ask me how much I'd lost and then when she came home for the summer she never mentioned my weight, said I looked good - nothing. I was mad and hurt. But now I look back at those first 40 lbs and although it was huge for me I was still obese. Now this past winter (into my 2nd year banded) I left the season (I work at a golf club) at about 180 and tho I didnt' think I was losing much this winter I had lost 20 lbs and people are taking second looks at me, can't believe its me, asking me if I've lost ALOT of weight - every day someone comments on my weight lost. One of the delivery guys said he thought they'd hired someone new - all over these last 20 lbs. At church yesterday my friends were saying how good I look and that I look healthy and a normal weight.

I just got interupted by 2 old men golfers and the one points at me and says .. you've lost alot of weight havent' you? LOL I said yes I have.

I just find it amusing that it took 70 lbs before anyone would actually comment on the weight lost.. other then the very closest to me. Its almost as if people dont' want to say anything until its just so obvious.

Anyway - Harleygirl enjoy every pound lost and love your band. Its so worth it.

Oh and another thing. Enjoy the feel of losing the weight. For example think of something that weighs 20 lbs - two 10lb bags of flour - and think about carrying that around all day.

My neice said I walk so much faster now and I said well if you think of a 50 lb bag of dog food and having to carry that around all day - when you finally put that bag down I bet you'd walk alot faster too.

WOW! I'm so impressed with everyone's hard work and results!!! :w00t: It was great reading all your stories because I'm feeling down about my results and efforts. :frown: It's good to know that us 40 somethings can have great success. It just takes determination to get through each day and win this fat war! :thumbup:

I've been sabotaging my success because I haven't given up drinking Water with meals... WHICH IS SO STINKING SUPID!!! :eek: I have to now work harder to break this habit so the weight loss gets back into full gear. Why are eating habits so darn hard to break??? Why do these things still have such a hold on me??? :ohmy:

I was banded Dec. 17, 2007 and have had 1 fill of 2 c.c. and then I think the nurse missed my port for the 2nd fill of an additional 1 c.c. She had trouble finding it and fished around for it until she thought she got it... :eek: I go back to the Dr. on Tues. and I'm so nervous... I know the scales are only going to show a couple of pounds lost since early March and I feeling anxious about going and admitting failure and not holding myself accountable for drinking Water with meals... The crazy thing is, is that I think I have pretty good restriction if I didn't go into autodrink and block out what I'm doing when I'm eating... :frown: I trying to figure out why I am doing this to myself... I kind of feel like I'm afraid of how little I can eat and feeling unenergetic and weak from it... Isn't that dumb??? :redface: Cutting down eating and losing weight is why I'm doing this so why aren't I doing the right things and following the rules.... :frown:

Reading all your positive 40 something posts gives me drive and ambition to do better!!! :) Now, I just have to keep the courage to face the Dr. and push forward... :tongue: Good luck to everyone and continued success!!!

Hey StephC: ARe you getting excited about your upcoming tt? Do you have to go through the same pre-op "stuff"?

I am very excited about going in for my band... I'm leaving for vacation on Sunday, so hopefully my mind will be distracted a bit. I'm sure that when I return on the 21st I'll be starting to get nervous!!!:sad_smile:

I am VERY excited about the tt! I can't wait. I have my ticker counting down the days and every morning I want to post just to see it go down. ^_^

I do have to have pre-op tests but nothing like the band and I dont' think they'll ask me to have some of the things like chest xray and stuff since I just had them less then 2 years ago. They said since I'm not a smoker and I'm in good health everything should be easy. I have all my pre-op testing on the 23rd.

I just found out last night my daughter has her athletic banquet on the 4th - I dont' even know if I'll be out of the hospital (dr said to plan on 3 days). So many things going on this time of the year!

I have been banded for 6 months now. I've lost 20 lbs pre-op and 62 post-op! I am thrilled to say the least!

I am down 38.5 pds almost 4months post op. The only problem I have is I still don't have the energy. In support group this guy said "oh I have all the energy that I have never had before" I wanted to vomitt lol I am still waiting for that. yes I do exercise at least 4-5 days a wk and take my Vitamins ect. so i guess I will just have to be patient.Any one else feel the same?

I can hardly wait to post my progress!!! May 1st can't get here quick enough!!!

You are ALL such an inspiration!!!

Keep up the great work!!!

Stephc: how long did they tell you the recover is for your tt? I imagine it must be a lot longer than for the band!! How much time will you be taking off from work??

do you have a husband? If so, let him worry about ALL of the details of your daughter's banquet. I'll bet your daughter will certainly understand...it's not every day that people get tummy tucks!!!

I am already thinking about when I will need a tt!! That's positive thinking, right??? :thumbup:

:biggrin: Today marks one week since my surgery on 8/21/08. I have lost 16 lbs. since surgery but have lost a total of 33 lbs. since 8/1/08. I needed to prepare myself mentally and physically for my new lifestyle change so I went on a liquid diet for six days. The next two weeks I ate small portions of anything I wanted up until the day before surgery, then I was on liquids again. I started soft foods today...refried Beans w/ melted cheese is the BEST! If anyone has any suggestions on soft recipes, I would love to hear them.

Edited by Kalogo