Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Merry Losers -- check in and let us know how your day is

Hi all,

I thought it would be nice to just have a single thread where we could all just blog about our journey. We can talk about our days and just generally update it. I know the week of the 17thers have one like this but since that's only 1/4 of the group I thought maybe we could all have a single place.

Tell us about your successes....your setbacks....your day in general.

Today was an alright day. I had a great teaching day, a decent eating day and a not so great exercise day. I'm not getting on the scale until Monday so that maybe I'll actually see some progress.

How is everyone else doing?

Had a pretty good day actually all wk was pretty good, I walked 2 miles on my treadmill tonight,not snacking, and getting my Water in. I bought a new smaller size of jean this wk also :-) I called to get another fill today going on thursday so took friday as a vacation day (was a little sore after my first fill) going to see my folks they haven't seen me since the surgery last month I am down 23 pds. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Had a pretty good day actually all wk was pretty good, I walked 2 miles on my treadmill tonight,not snacking, and getting my Water in. I bought a new smaller size of jean this wk also :-) I called to get another fill today going on thursday so took friday as a vacation day (was a little sore after my first fill) going to see my folks they haven't seen me since the surgery last month I am down 23 pds. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Karri- Good for you getting your exercise in. I started walking this week with a video. My back has been bothering me the last week so it has been a little slow in the moving department. Went to the chiropractor yesterday and can turn my head again and nod too. I did walk a mile yesterday and the day before.

I'm sure your folks will be so excited. I know 23 pounds has made a HUGE difference in my world. How far do you have to travel to get there? Is it a mini vacation or just the weekend?

I have two weeks til my next fill but can't wait until then. I think another fill will do wonders for my appetite. I do however still have to get a handle on my chewing. I can't seam to get that under control. Am I the only one having a hard time with that? I am not eating a LOT, just eating it without chewing it well enough.

Well, I'll check in again later...

I am now seeing weight loss. The pounds are dropping with an increase in my activity. I am so excited. I think the next few plans will be visible. Can't wait.

v

Hi all . . .I ended up working almost 11 hours yesterday . . . ughhhh . . . it's the time of year with last minute emergencies . . . so no Water aerobics for me last night. I'm baby sitting at the moment until my DIL gets home from her first interview . . . I don't know if I mentioned she is in remission on her cervical cancer. . . AND they made a mistake in her chart and put someone else's biopsey in it . . . so she found out she does NOT have uterine cancer (which they had just told her she did have) . . . that was one cause for a big celebration this week!

I MIGHT get to cruise to Alaska with my Disneyland friend - she had booked the cruise, but her husband's Altzheimers is getting worse fast, so she isn't sure she can take him . . . so . . . I'll know in about a month what she decides to do .. . can you imagine trying to get clothes for a trip in May? I have NO CLUE what size I would be needing by then lol.

When DIL gets back, I'm heading to the doctor . . .my left arm has been aching . . .but is not killing me . . . woke me up all during the night and I can't get it comfy . . . better get it checked!

Have a good weekend everyone! Sorry I babbled on forever . . .

Just got back from doctor .. .and it isn't my heart causing my arm ache at all . . . it TENSION AND STRESS . . . .and he rubbed the nerves/muscles in my neck . . . and presto . . . no more pain. Good grief! :) Yea

Isn't it crazy how much pain stress can cause. It's like it doesn't cause us enough heartache, it has to physically debilitate us too. I'm glad it wasn't more serious though. Did your dr. give you some tips on keeping it from returning?

I'm having a quiet day at home. DH wanted to watch the entire Star Wars saga last weekend but only got through the original three....so today are the others. I slept through one and now we're watching the deleted scenes....at this rate we'll never get through them all....but at least its a quiet day. Only problem...I'm not really moving much. I'll get a mile walk in tonight before dinner and try another one before bed. That should make up for my extremely lazy day.

I'm making beef enchiladas for dinner. Really looking forward to them. It seems that I've been eating a lot of Mexican food lately. Lots of Protein and vegetables....plus flavor. I love it when I can have some Protein with flavor. I'm getting really tired of chx breasts. I need to come up with simple quick FLAVORFUL recipes. I'm so unoriginal.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Whatta lazy Sunday. I get much lazier and they will think I'm a piece of furniture around here. Oh well, pamper yourself right?

I've been snacking a little more today but I have rationed in the calories so hopefully it won't do TOO much damage. Nothing much, just a nibble here and there. I did splurge on a tablespoon of Peanut Butter today. WOW! that stuff doesn't go down very good anymore. I had asked my NUT about it and she said it wasn't forbidden but that she wouldn't recommend more than a couple of tablespoons a week. She said to use it like any other fat....sparingly.

DH wanted tuna noodle casserole tonight so I'm not sure what I'm going to do for dinner. Too much carb not enough Protein in it. I will scrounge up something I'm sure.

I'm still struggling with the 1 mile walk away the pounds walk so I'm not venturing to the 2 mile. I never thought I was THAT out of shape. Talk about delusional....but about 3/4 of the way through my legs just cant do another high knee up...so I just walk. I really thought I would be just jumping into the 2 mile without a problem.

Have a great week coming up, I plan on it.

Just wanted to check in.

To date I have lost 35 lbs and it is so great getting in clothes I could no longer wear.

I really have a hard time wanting and doing exercise. I did walk today about 1 mile with my dog. It was brrrrrrrrrr cold.

Ate leftovers for supper - so didn't have to cook and that is always good.

Glad you started this thread, its nice to hear from everyone.

C.N.

Kind of got off track today, had a little party here last night into the morning was good for that, but today didn't get up until about 10a.m ate a 1/2 small tenderloin for Breakfast i guess u would call it lol, then dh wanted to go to texas roadhouse for lunch(my favorite)i had the"roadkill" 5oz hamburger with onion and mushrooms and cheese on top with a baked potatoe and green Beans. I asked for a box as soon as waiter brought the food which I was proud i cut everything in half and put in box still couldn't eat all the potatoe so put more in box :-) and bought in home I don't eat onions so didn't eat any of them. just had a Protein Drink for supper I am pmsing also so I really have to watch this wk. going to have a 2nd fill on thursday afternoon can't wait. I don't feel any restrictions as of yet. been walking 2 miles about 3-4 x a week going to join a rehab center tomorrow heard they will plan a workout for me.

Hi gang,

Great job to all of you and your progress. Myself, just struggling. I got my band on 12/17, and so far have only lost 12 lbs. since. I am still only eating 3/4 cup and getting full, and my Dr. said to come in for a fill only after I eat more than a cup. So, I still have not had a fill. I so envy you guys...I am going to call tomorrow and insist that I get a fill. I have been struggling with the same 3 pounds for the last two weeks. I am so ready to just let this go, but then I think of everything that I have been through for this. Hope I don't get anyone down because of my battle. Wish me luck!

tggr - hang in there! I know exactly what you are going through - it drove me nuts. I just kept on track - and the trend has always been downward on the scale, even if it seems super slow. My doctors office keeps repeating "1-2 lbs a week" . .. even though I'm thinking it should be 5-10 lol. It can't help but work if you stick with it!

I had a HORRIBLE night last night . . . I have not clue what I ate that gave me gas, but this was worse than anything that I had after surgery. I swelled up like a balloon and the pressure and pain . . . it started about 8 pm . . and I think I finally got to sleep sometime after midnight. Ugh . . . don't want another episode like that thank you!

Have a good week everyone! :eek:

To support you is what we are here for. You can't feel like you are bugging us by telling us you are struggling. I don't think I've lost 12 pounds since surgery. If you think about it, you are only 5 1/2 weeks out and we are told we will only lose 1-2 pounds a week. You are RIGHT ON TARGET! I'm still struggling with the scale issue. I promise myself I'm going to stay off it for a couple of days and then there I am, climbing right back on the next morning. It's hard to see a change when you don't let your body adjust and the scale time to move.

You are doing great if you are only eating 3/4 of a cup of food. Are you staying full on it? I find I'm really hungry about an hour before its time to eat again. Stomach growling obnoxiously kind of hungry.

Have you been able to get up and get moving?

Let us know how you are feeling. You aren't bothering us by telling about your struggles. If we can help, we're doing something.

I finally broke the 250 mark... cant wait to break 220 cause last time I was that weight was many years ago.

Going on a cruise seem like alot fun... probally be best to buy clothes in May. lol

Well the dr. called to today and had to reschedule my 2nd fill so I ended up going today instead of thursday. Only gave me .5 so I have a total of 1.5 so far don't feel any different at all hope something kicks in. I am loosing so guess I shouldn't be bitching. But I still hardly crew and take big gulps of Water and nothing. Found there isn't anything that I have tried that I couldn't eat but I have been making good choices lol. Keep up the good work everyong just had to vent a little.