Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

Guys, I am freakin out just a little. I have had such good restriction lately and I really thought this last fill was "the one". Well, I woke up this morning and I do not have any restriction, NONE AT ALL! I've been able to eat a lot of food today. I'm not getting full at all! I have never had an experience where I didn't at least have restriction in the mornings. Even when I first started out I had morning restriction, thats why I stick to shakes for Breakfast. I hope it's just a freak incident and I hope tomorrow when I wake up, I have some restriction. This is just odd for me!

Has anyone else who is at good restriction had this problem?

Hi Leslie!!! Glad you decided to join us!

Pamela

I have had days with alot less restriction. They come and go depending on how my body is reacting that day. You will probably wake up tomorrow abd evrything wil be back ot normal.

Hey bamboo-

Hows it been going lately? I have been doing lousy staying on plan- Next week I am on like donkey kong though!

Hi Mia;

It's going well. Much better restriction with the 2nd fill. This is the first time that I've really had true restriction and it sort of freaks me out sometimes with the noises my throat makes. I've been staying on plan pretty much doing Protein first, vegetable next, then no room for much more. However, those darn baked cheetos were begging me to pay them some attention earlier today, and not wanting to appear mean.........:o

I just wish they didn't work so easily with the band. Can't have it all.

I'm assuming that you're doing much better with the weekend to rest. I know you'll be back on board by Monday. I just have to be prepared to run from the fried chicken at church tomorrow. We have an afternoon service and I can eat more in the afternoon. Yikes!!!

Isn't this the week for your fill? How much do you currently have?

Pamela

I have had days with alot less restriction. They come and go depending on how my body is reacting that day. You will probably wake up tomorrow abd evrything wil be back ot normal.

I am not sure what happened today, but it was completely opposite from a normal day. I had no restriction this morning and none at lunch. I went to my sister and her fiances couples shower tonight. They had BBQ, baked Beans, coleslaw type foods. I went thinking I would be able to enjoy myself and eat.............nope, restriction decided to hit me tonight for some reason. This is the first time that has happened to me so it was kind of strange. I'm just glad it's back!

This is the first time that I've really had true restriction and it sort of freaks me out sometimes with the noises my throat makes.

Bamboobabe, I had to laugh at that comment! Me, my hubby, and son will be sitting at the dinner table and all of the sudden..........my throat makes this loud growling noise! It cracks my hubby up! My son just kinda looks around like "what was that" LOL!

Georgia Girl;

I'm glad your restriction is back!!! You made me kinda nervous there. Malik did tell me the band sometimes has a mind of it's own. Like patients who have gone for several weeks feeling nothing, make an appointment to come in, and by the time they come in they're losing well again. So go figure.....

Perhaps your band has decided to reverse it's MO.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome. It is really nice to be able to have somewhere to go and chat with people that understand what I'm going through. That includes both the weight issue (self esteem, tiredness and all that comes with it) as well as questions about banding. My talk went pretty good today with my mom. I can't say that she was thrilled, but she was very supportive and is willing to help me anyway she can. I look forward to talking with you all.

Hi everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome. It is really nice to be able to have somewhere to go and chat with people that understand what I'm going through. That includes both the weight issue (self esteem, tiredness and all that comes with it) as well as questions about banding. My talk went pretty good today with my mom. I can't say that she was thrilled, but she was very supportive and is willing to help me anyway she can. I look forward to talking with you all.

Glad to hear things went well with your mom. We will be more than glad to answer any questions we can for you. Keep us posted on your progress.

Hi everyone!

I've been reading posts on this thread for a couple of weeks. I love the support you offering one another, especially on those "down" days.

I've got a couple of questions. The answers may just depend on each person's physical condition, but I'll ask anyway :(

* For the first fill, how many cc's do they put in? (And is it painful? I HATE needles!)

* Has anyone asked for, and gotten, earlier appointments for their first fill?

* How often are fills scheduled? Every month, 6 weeks?

To Leslie who recently joined--my mom offered to pay the entire $$ of the surgery for me because she was concerned about my health. I will be eternaly grateful for her giving me the chance to change my life. I'll bet your mom feels the same way. Even after losing 8 pounds, I feel like I have more energy. Good luck with your surgery, and get ready for your new life!

I've got a couple of questions. The answers may just depend on each person's physical condition, but I'll ask anyway :rolleyes:

* For the first fill, how many cc's do they put in? (And is it painful? I HATE needles!)

* Has anyone asked for, and gotten, earlier appointments for their first fill?

* How often are fills scheduled? Every month, 6 weeks?

1. My first fill with Elizabeth she put in 2 cc's. She could not locate my port and had to stick me several times but she does numb you- though it still was painful to me, to be honest; It took her about 45 minutes to locate my port- HOWEVER, this next fill she has Rx'd me a numbing creme to put on before the fill and Malik says I shouldn't feel ANYTHING... so don't be scared... It will be worth it.

I got a fill prior to six weeks put in by DR. BAgnato because he had to do port revision surgery on me, but I think that is rare and only under special circumstances. I got my fill with elizabeth on 02-28 and go back for another on 03-20- so she scheduled mine for three weeks apart- some go sooner- some longer- all depends on your appetite and how you are losing.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Hi all,

I will be making my first appt. w/ Dr. Bagnato this week. I have been considering this surgery for over a year and finally got the courage to discuss with my husband, who is 100% supportive.

I have been told by my insurance they will not pay under any circumstances, so assuming self pay, what is the procedure between initial consult and surgery?

Thanks in advance!

Hollybelles

I had 3cc's in my band when i went in for my first fill, I don't know how Dr B decides how much to leave in, but on my first fill i got 1 more and then 1 more again on my second fill.

I really like Elizabeth for the fills, she numbs you with a shot and then checks to see if you can still feel the needle if you can she will ive you more.

I don't think you would really want to or will be able to get a fill early on your first fill, you need to let everything heal, just be patient you'll get there soon enough. I know that is hard to do believe me. After your first fill you can go back every two weeks if needed for more.

Take care and just be patient your fill will be here before you know it.

Hi all,

I will be making my first appt. w/ Dr. Bagnato this week. I have been considering this surgery for over a year and finally got the courage to discuss with my husband, who is 100% supportive.

I have been told by my insurance they will not pay under any circumstances, so assuming self pay, what is the procedure between initial consult and surgery?

Thanks in advance!

Hey onder woman! Nice to meet you! I was covered by insurance, so my experience is probably a little different from those who did self pay. First, I attended a seminar at Palmyra. Then made my appt. with Dr. B. At my first appt, he answered all my questions and explained everything to me. I decided to go ahead and get the surgery, so they sent in my info to the insurance company and I was approved within a couple of weeks. I did the pre-op diet for about 3 weeks, he only requires you to do it for 2 weeks, but I decided to start it early. Within a month of my first appt I was banded! It was a really smooth process for me. Hope everything works out for you and keep us posted about your process!

Onder woman,

I too am self pay, they were able to schedule me in as soon as I was ready for the surgery! If you are paying, it is a faster process.

Well guys, I've gained- 6 darn pounds! I knew it would happen though so I'm not going to beat myself up about it- I was sick and we ate out almost every single day and if we did cook it was prepackaged and EASy for the DF to fix which unfortunately most of the time was high calorie/ hich carb- But on the good front- it means I will get my fill come thursday and have more restriction in my band hopefully!! I have already done my two miles at bright and early 6am this morning- so I'm back on track..Yesterday was my birthday so I had some cake of course- Time to get back on the bandwagon and put my head down and go!

HOlly and Jeannie-

We still meeting up on Thursday? Where are we meeting at? I'll be on liquids so I will probably just bring my slim fast along- or maybe meet somewhere that has Soups etc. PM me and I will give each of you my cell so we can keep in touch on that day! Look forward to seeing you both and whoever else can come!