Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

Allykat - are you asking the hours of the obesity clinic? If you are, they're open till 4 on m-th. If you can make it at 10 you should try and keep it. I know for a fact that they are already booking into the mid-end of April. You always want to schedule ahead. They'll let you make 2 appointments at a time if they're at least 2 weeks apart. I try and do this so if I need to cancel one I know it won't be 6 weeks until I get back in. Sometimes if you speak with Malik directly she can try and squeeze you in somewhere, but prepare to wait longer when they squeeze you in.

Hey Mia, did you still want to meet for lunch on the 20th? I marked my calendar :lol:

Holly

Yep Holly, if you can swing it that would be great!!! Anyone else going to be in Albany on the 20th around lunch time and want to meet up?? I don't know if I'll be able to get a fill because of my weight loss but I'm still going to go and get weighed there anyway-

Did anyone else feel the world stop turning this morning? That was me...I actually did it. I called my sister and went and walked 2 miles. I have to say, it felt good! Not sure if I'll have time to do it again tomorrow, but my plan is to start Monday. My daughters have dance over in Cairo and while I wait for them to finish, I'm gonna put my walking shoes on!:thumbup:

Yep Holly, if you can swing it that would be great!!! Anyone else going to be in Albany on the 20th around lunch time and want to meet up?? I don't know if I'll be able to get a fill because of my weight loss but I'm still going to go and get weighed there anyway-

Hi yall!

Can I come to lunch too? I can usually get my lunch break anytime after 11:00 and if yall don't mind i would love to come. I think it would be fun for a few of us to get together to chat. take care

Hi everyone!

I know it's hard to get a group together, but Mia, Jeannie & Holly are meeting around lunch time on March 20th. Time and place in Albany TBA. Come if you can!

Brina, how were you this weekend? I know we were banded days apart, so I'm always curious about what you are feeling/doing. I have to tell you...I've been freaking starving today! I don't know what is going on, it is like the sleeping beast has awakened or something. I haven't done bad and I'm sticking to the soft/mushy food lists but I am so ready for regular food. I see Dr. Bagnato on Wednesday and I am really hoping he lets me start on regular foods. How is it going for you?

Hello allykat:

I am doing fine. I know what you mean that the hunger just suddenly returned. I am still on the full liquids phase. I can eat the creamed Soups and watery grits and all of that. I eat a few creamed Soups, but I am mostly living off of mashed potatoes with cream of chicken Soup poured over them. I am surprised at how filling they are. If I am craving meat..I will eat one or two chicken vienna sausages. I know that they are not the halthiest thing in the world, but they are the softest meat that I can think of.

Physically I am fine, but right now emotially i am having one of those days. I kinda wish they had not told me that I lost 15 lbs. it has dawned on me that the further you progress into the phases the higher you calorie consumption. More calories=more potential to gain weight. I think the true reason I am on mashed potatoes is because I am scared to gain back those 15lb. I know that the band was not reposnsible for that loss. You live off of sugar free everything and wonton Soup for a week and you physiologically *have* to lose weight.

Then i went to get my eyebrows arched this weekend. The girl who does my brows had been banded by Dr. Bagnato. She pretty much dropped trou and showed me what her loose skin looked like. It was not some horrific site, but it was enough to get me all concerned. I dont want that. it took all of my courage to go through with this and the thougth of having to have plastic surgery scares the shit outta me. On top of that, who is gonna pay for it if it coems to that. I know that this is far off since I have only lost 15 lbs, but it is stuck in the front of my mind.

I am ordering soem exercise vids and some toning vids today.

Other than that, I am okay. Not my usuall goofy self, but I am surviving.

Then i went to get my eyebrows arched this weekend. The girl who does my brows had been banded by Dr. Bagnato. She pretty much dropped trou and showed me what her loose skin looked like. It was not some horrific site, but it was enough to get me all concerned. I dont want that. it took all of my courage to go through with this and the thougth of having to have plastic surgery scares the shit outta me. On top of that, who is gonna pay for it if it coems to that. I know that this is far off since I have only lost 15 lbs, but it is stuck in the front of my mind.

I am ordering soem exercise vids and some toning vids today.

Other than that, I am okay. Not my usuall goofy self, but I am surviving.

Brina, I know how you feel. I am certain I am going to need PS. I mean, I've got almost 200lbs to lose:eek:. It is scary, but I would much rather be healthy and have loose skin, than be unhealthy and have fat rolls everywhere, lol.

I pretty much told DH that we better start saving now, because I'm definitely gonna need it! I had this surgery for health reasons, first and foremost, but I'm still young and I think the PS is going to be necessary for me to completely feel good about myself. I plan on getting the works........a LBL, breast reduction and/or a breast lift, and a brach. It scares me to death, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up having it done.

Oh, at church tonight, we had a speaker who had gastric bypass surgery. He was 454lbs when he had the surgery and now he weighs 175lbs. Looking at him, you would never know he was overweight. He told us that he did NOT have PS, but he didn't have a lot of extra skin. I just can't imagine losing 275lbs and not having a lot of extra skin. I wanted to sit down and talk with him and ask him what exercises he did, but there were so many people around, I couldn't get him away to talk about it. I mean, I can look at myself now and I already know I'm going to need PS, but it was an inspiration to see someone lose that much weight and not need PS. I think sometimes men carry their weight differently than women, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

I guess I'll cross that path when it comes. Until then, I'm going to focus on getting healthy. Everyone is doing a great job, keep up the good work!!

I really haven't been posting on this thread as much because I didn't want to be a downer, but I've been having a really hard time this past week. I've been snacking at night a lot and just not sticking to the plan very well. Tonight I had a huge brownie and ice cream and I just feel sick about it. I know I can't eat perfect all the time, but I just feel bad about it. It's my TOM and I always have severe cravings during this time. I'm usually pretty good at handling the cravings, but not this time. I didn't want to post this because I see it as weakness for some reason. I don't see it as weakness in other people when someone else post they are having a hard time, just when it's me. I'm not sure if this makes sense to anyone, it's hard to explain. I hate feeling this way. I feel like a complete failure this week, I've actually gained a couple of pounds. I'm just mad at myself for not being stronger.

Sorry to be a downer, but thanks for listening.

On a happier note, I did go shopping over the weekend and had a pretty good experience. I've gone from a very tight 26/28 to a comfortable 22, so I was happy about that.

I really haven't been posting on this thread as much because I didn't want to be a downer, but I've been having a really hard time this past week. I've been snacking at night a lot and just not sticking to the plan very well. Tonight I had a huge brownie and ice cream and I just feel sick about it. I know I can't eat perfect all the time, but I just feel bad about it. It's my TOM and I always have severe cravings during this time. I'm usually pretty good at handling the cravings, but not this time. I didn't want to post this because I see it as weakness for some reason. I don't see it as weakness in other people when someone else post they are having a hard time, just when it's me. I'm not sure if this makes sense to anyone, it's hard to explain. I hate feeling this way. I feel like a complete failure this week, I've actually gained a couple of pounds. I'm just mad at myself for not being stronger.

Sorry to be a downer, but thanks for listening.

On a happier note, I did go shopping over the weekend and had a pretty good experience. I've gone from a very tight 26/28 to a comfortable 22, so I was happy about that.

Georgia Girl;

It's sounds like your somewhat of a perfectionist. You're so understanding and compassionate with everyone else, and hardest on yourself. Well, you don't have to be. As you probably have read, I have a recent bout of depression and self-pity, but am feeling much better now thanks to the support of everyone here at LBT. The band is a tool that assists us with losing weight, it doesn't make us 'super-human'. Even the healthiest people ocassionally treat themselves. You have done exceptionally well thus far, and will get continue to do so. I believe in you!! TOM!!! Enough Said.

Keep your head up. This too shall pass!!!