Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

Phyl - nice visiting with you today. I was given PT script for 6 weeks to straighten out my right hip problems. Hope that PT will work for you too.

Hey everyone,where are you? I know it's Summer and the weather is good, but I was just wondering how everyone is doing? This thread has not been active for a while.

in NW Indiana, but I managed to take two walks between rain storms. I really love walking now that I am lighter. I even joined a walking club that the town park dept. sponsors. I never thought I would do that two years ago.

I hope everyone is well and having a good summer.

KarenIn--well I'm reading the post, but like you where is everyone? Maybe now that we have taken off weight we are getting out more and more and don't have as much time to blog especially if the weather is nice. Just my thoughts.

With my weight loss, even though it isn't a whole lot, I'm now able to walk more and do more without becoming tired and breathless. So much different then just six months ago. What a life saver the band has become. I'm like you love to walk whenever I can. Try too, but still put in a 40 hour work week, 10 hour days so try on my days off. So keep it up.

Enjoy the rain while you can, it keeps us cool even if the ground is soaked. I'm just imagining what July and August will bring when we don't get those showers as much. And getting out in it will probably take our breath away. I've still got quite a few pounds to go before I "might" consider a swimming suit;>) to stay cool in the pool.

Good to hear from you KarenIn, enjoy your walks.

Hey everyone,where are you? I know it's Summer and the weather is good, but I was just wondering how everyone is doing? This thread has not been active for a while.

in NW Indiana, but I managed to take two walks between rain storms. I really love walking now that I am lighter. I even joined a walking club that the town park dept. sponsors. I never thought I would do that two years ago.

I hope everyone is well and having a good summer.

KarenIn--well I'm reading the post, but like you where is everyone? Maybe now that we have taken off weight we are getting out more and more and don't have as much time to blog especially if the weather is nice. Just my thoughts.

With my weight loss, even though it isn't a whole lot, I'm now able to walk more and do more without becoming tired and breathless. So much different then just six months ago. What a life saver the band has become. I'm like you love to walk whenever I can. Try too, but still put in a 40 hour work week, 10 hour days so try on my days off. So keep it up.

Enjoy the rain while you can, it keeps us cool even if the ground is soaked. I'm just imagining what July and August will bring when we don't get those showers as much. And getting out in it will probably take our breath away. I've still got quite a few pounds to go before I "might" consider a swimming suit;>) to stay cool in the pool.

Good to hear from you KarenIn, enjoy your walks.

Good Morning!

I guess great minds think alike! LOL! I was looking at our thread last night and almost posted something. Wondering how Don and his wife are doing. Haven't heard from them in a long time.

I've hit a bit of a speed bump this month. Was having a lot of reflux at night. Coughing, and then started bringing stuff up during the night. So I went to see my surgeon and they did a barium swallow. Said my esophagus was dilated. And I was too tight... things just not going down right. So they took out all the Fluid. I have to go back on Wed. for another test and then maybe they can start putting fluid back in. So I'm being very careful about what I eat. Comforting to see that my eating habits really have changed!

I joined a gym this past month, too. So...in addition to the pool PT, I'm using the gym several times a week to ride the recumbent bike and use weight machines for arms and legs.

We had a nice day of summer yesterday.... finally reached 75! But the clouds are back this morning. Weather report said it would be nice today with clouds coming in later in the afternoon, but.... woke up to a cloudy day!

Here's a picture of one of our "grandpuppies" who thought she'd like to be a lap dog like the little one!!

post-220150-13813139362493_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone,

My Husband and I took a month long vacation. We drove from Florida to Arizona. We spent 10 days with my sister and then drove to Flagstaff and stayed near the Grand canyon for 4 days. The Grand canyon is really grand for, for folks who haven't seen it yet. You need to take a trip!

From there we drove to North Dakota and Minnesota. We left on May 2, and returned on May 29. I did real good, I lost about 10 lbs, and went for a 3 mile walk each morning with my sister. My husband and I, also, hit the gym everyday the 1st week. Only hit the pool the other days, tho'. Take care folks. Karen

I've hit a bit of a speed bump this month. Was having a lot of reflux at night. Coughing, and then started bringing stuff up during the night. So I went to see my surgeon and they did a barium swallow. Said my esophagus was dilated. And I was too tight... things just not going down right. So they took out all the Fluid. I have to go back on Wed. for another test and then maybe they can start putting fluid back in. So I'm being very careful about what I eat. Comforting to see that my eating habits really have changed!

Phyllser--I am so sorry to hear about the "speed bump". Sincerely hope all goes well with the test and you will get back to normal and no more complications once they start putting fluid back.

I joined a gym this past month, too. So...in addition to the pool PT, I'm using the gym several times a week to ride the recumbent bike and use weight machines for arms and legs.

Congratulations joining the gym wish I had your enthusiasm. :biggrin: Think I totally lost that when I graduated from high school.:( Understand the pool though as use to swim and Water ski a lot and totally love water. Of course, during this time when you have no restriction in that band working out will help keep the weight off, of course it will definitely help when the band is filled again. Keep up the good work.:(

We had a nice day of summer yesterday.... finally reached 75! But the clouds are back this morning. Weather report said it would be nice today with clouds coming in later in the afternoon, but.... woke up to a cloudy day!

We are having rain, rain, rain and more rain. The creeks and rivers are either out and there are flash flood warnings or the rivers are at bank level. When there isn't any rain, then the temperature goes up close to 90 degrees or above and the humidity is about the same. yuck. Not use to the humidity and I myself don't care for it. Sweat is not my favorite word or smell:thumbup:

Here's a picture of one of our "grandpuppies" who thought she'd like to be a lap dog like the little one!!

Good look'n dog, but if he is just a puppy, do believe he is going to be a "big" dog and is going to have to have his own chair as it looks to me that your lap is small. Thanks for sharing the pic. And again good luck with the test and that all goes well. But I know you will be just a-okay.

Hi everyone. I haven't posted on this site for awhile, but since I have a question, who better to ask.

I have been at 207 for a long time now and just had a .25 fill. I have 5.75 cc in a 10 cc band. I am trying to decide whether or not I should have more fill. Any suggestions? I have all the usual aches and pains of a 67 year old overweight person.

Phyllser--I am so sorry to hear about the "speed bump". Sincerely hope all goes well with the test and you will get back to normal and no more complications once they start putting Fluid back.

Congratulations joining the gym wish I had your enthusiasm. :thumbup: Think I totally lost that when I graduated from high school.:( Understand the pool though as use to swim and Water ski a lot and totally love water. Of course, during this time when you have no restriction in that band working out will help keep the weight off, of course it will definitely help when the band is filled again. Keep up the good work.:waytogo:

We are having rain, rain, rain and more rain. The creeks and rivers are either out and there are flash flood warnings or the rivers are at bank level. When there isn't any rain, then the temperature goes up close to 90 degrees or above and the humidity is about the same. yuck. Not use to the humidity and I myself don't care for it. Sweat is not my favorite word or smell:lol:

Good look'n dog, but if he is just a puppy, do believe he is going to be a "big" dog and is going to have to have his own chair as it looks to me that your lap is small. Thanks for sharing the pic. And again good luck with the test and that all goes well. But I know you will be just a-okay.

LOL!

Well, I guess Misty is probably about 1 yr old now, so probably finished growing! She is just so cute! She saw little Gigi on my lap several times getting lots of attention and she wanted some, too!

TOO FUNNY! Still smiling about it!

Hi everyone. I haven't posted on this site for awhile, but since I have a question, who better to ask. I have been at 207 for a long time now and just had a .25 fill. I have 5.75 cc in a 10 cc band. I am trying to decide whether or not I should have more fill. Any suggestions? I have all the usual aches and pains of a 67 year old overweight person.

See... we just needed ONE person to step up and say,

"HEY! Where is everyone???"

Welcome back, Doddie!! You may need a bit more of a fill. I have been hovering between about 196 and 202 for MONTHS and it's getting very frustrating. And now... no fluid at all for a few weeks. So far I am holding steady. Go back Wed. for reassessment. I'm thinking... about the "stall", that I weighed 200 for quite a few years and maybe my body wants to stay there! But I want to lose another 50 lb so I'm going to have to shake things up!

Hi Everyone It's great to hear from you all again. :( :waytogo: :thumbup:

Oldoneyoungagain, How much weight have you lost, and how far are you from your goal?

Karen, Sounds like you have been very busy traveling. I have been to the Grand Canyon twice. It is hard to explain how breathtakingly beautiful it is to see.

Doddie, Are you hungry and need more than one cup of food when you eat meat and vegtables? If so, then you probaly need a fill. At least you should talk to your doctor about having a fill. Also, think about increasing your exercise routine. Good luck!

Phyl, So sorry to hear about your "speed bump". I hope that they get everything adjusted for your soon. I still don't do the gym. With working, I find it hard to get to a gym, but I walk and ride by stationary bike alot. When the weather is bad I also have exercise DVDs to workout with.

Have a great summer, and keep it touch.

Hi Everyone It's great to hear from you all again. :waytogo: :thumbup: :lol:

Oldoneyoungagain, How much weight have you lost, and how far are you from your goal?

On my last fill 6/3/10 had lost 18 pounds since banding on 3/17/10. Going again this Thursday (at my request) for another fill as feel I'm still eating too much and would like to feel more restriction (3.8cc in a 10cc band). "My" goal would be to lose the 100 lbs that I'm overweight or was overweight:thumbup:. So I want to get to 145, but all four of the doctors involved in my health care have said 50-60 pounds weight loss. But have to say that even with these few pounds lost, I haven't felt this well in five to six years. So I still have a ways to go, but I know I can, I know I can, I know I can and I will. :(

Thanks for the advice. For 3 1/2 years, I have had to keep aloose fill because of my failure to chew. I think I have that conquered now. However, since chewing has become easier, I seem to get hungrier sooner. As for exercise, I am walking 40 minutes a day on the treadmill and of course have been hand digging in compost now for 3 weeks. No weight lost and hungry an hour after eating. That is why I can't make up my mind about a fill. Am I hungry because the food is chewed better and the band is doing what it is supposed to do and this is the way it should be. Would getting more fill take away the hunger? I am leaning toward another fill maybe 1/2 cc

Hi everyone

Doddie - hunger should stay away for 3 to 4 hours after eating. However, are you drinking while eating??? and waiting one hour after eating to begin drinking again??

If so, bet you need a fill.

Like Phyl, I have hovered @ 200 since March 15th. And, like you, had weighed that for a very long time. PA @ doctor's office advised that many clients seem to stall between 200 and 215. She recommended hard knuckle your weigh past it, then the weight loss will kick in again and fills can be added.

We can DO THIS.

Joyce

Hi everyone

Doddie - hunger should stay away for 3 to 4 hours after eating. However, are you drinking while eating??? and waiting one hour after eating to begin drinking again??

If so, bet you need a fill.

Like Phyl, I have hovered @ 200 since March 15th. And, like you, had weighed that for a very long time. PA @ doctor's office advised that many clients seem to stall between 200 and 215. She recommended hard knuckle your weigh past it, then the weight loss will kick in again and fills can be added.

We can DO THIS.

Joyce

Thanks for the great inspiration. I was feeling pretty down. So I will pull up my socks and "hard knuckle" past the 200 by dropping to a 1,000 until I start moving downward. Exercise, Water chewing are taken care of now I just have to work a bit harder. Again thanks for the info and cheer.:unsure::thumbup:

Hi Folks,

Well, went to the Doctor today. He was very pleased with my 12 lbs weight loss over the last 2 months. I am 167. I haven't been 167 in probably over 30 years. He asked my realistic goal. I said, "Well I would like to get to 140, but you told me I should only go to 150, so I guess my realistic goal is 150." So, he said you have been doing really good, and he thinks at the rate I am going, I might be near maintenance in August when I return to him. He is still a firm believer that woman of our "Age" show their age more if they are too thin. I will be happy to be 150, and in a size 10. I am currently wearing size 12 shorts. My size 14 pants are very loose. But, my size 14 dress, I wore to church Sunday, fit me best it had since I bought it. So close to my goal. He, also, did a floro test on me because I was complaining about pbing a lot. He said I am clear and have a nice passage. I made a committment to myself, for the time being at least, to use a baby spoon to eat, since I feel I am still taking too big a bite. Well, that is all my news. :devil_smile:. I started at 254 at my heaviest. I dieted from last April, for 6 months, my weight at banding was 206 on Oct.30, 2009.

Well done and much congratulations. You deserve to be very proud.

Joyce