Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

If I am remembering correctly, you have to cut/paste the one that says "BBC Code" in to your signature block. Once you get it... you never have to worry about it again because every time you go to the tickerfactory site and update, it automatically updates the ticker wherever you have posted it.

Thanks Phyl - that is the code I have been cutting/pasting (or copying/pasting, since I tried it over and over again!). For some reason ??? I still get the "invalid file" response and it does not post. I had one earlier that Alex helped me with and got it to post for me, but I could not access tickerfactory by just clicking on the ticker - it would not open. I made a new one - hoping - but get the same invalid file result. I hate to ask Alex again to help me - but I must have some kind of glitch here and can't figure out what I'm doing. Thanks for the info though.

Judy, check with your pharmacist. When I had a colonoscopy he said that there was the same stuff that is not prescription and alot cheaper. The stuff they give you is very potient. Also magnesium citrate is great.

Glad you are here... I had my knee surgery a year ago and heart surgery 2 years ago. Had Constipation with both. Good luck

I'm still holding at 26 lbs down. I gain a couple lbs than lose it. Can't drop below 242 lbs. I have my next Doc's appt. Jan. 18th, I hope to lose a couple more lbs before than. I'm picking up on my excercizing more carful on what & how much I eat. I think I'm still eating too much.

I might need a 2nd fill.

I'll get there yet.

Don

PS: Has anyone asked for a DVD of thier operation?? I might do that my next appt.

I have a question...I want know if I will be able eat salads with the band. I dearly love them and I hope I will be able chew chew chew salads. Also, I have only lost 6 # since banding Dec 18. Should I be losing more weight during the first month even though I have not had my first fill until Jan 13? Thanks

I have a question...I want know if I will be able eat salads with the band. I dearly love them and I hope I will be able chew chew chew salads. Also, I have only lost 6 # since banding Dec 18. Should I be losing more weight during the first month even though I have not had my first fill until Jan 13? Thanks

I think it was on one of these threads that I read that salads should not be eaten. So I didn't have any for at least six months! But I finally tried eating it again and had no problem at all. Now I have one almost every day.

If your surgery was less than a month ago, you are still in the healing stage. And you will need a couple of fills before you have good restrictoin. So it's not unusual that you've lost only 6 lb. Follow all the rules/guidelines your doctor has given you and don't fret about the weight loss right now.

Great answer, Phyl! I have started eating salads - very carefully - but having no problem. I think each fill will bring new adventures, though! Kinda have to start over each time? Healing is the name of the game now (banded on Dec 4). I am eating just about everything now, making sure everything is cooked tender and very small bites. My first fill is Friday. We'll see after that...

I am happy to find this over 60 thread. I will be joining you here and happy to hear what you all have to say. As you can see I am a fairyl new bander. It is so good to see all the sucess you all have had.

Welcome Mereme-9. I'm sure you will find the forum useful.

Regarding salads, I love them also, and eat them frequently without problem, as long as I chew well. Just wish there was more nutritional value to iceberg lettuce, because that seems to be the basis of so many of them, especially when eating out.

Hi Everyone,

I am still learning how to dance with my lap band. I can eat salad, apple with Peanut Butter, with no problem but have had trouble with tuna and salmon. I think I am taking too big of bites.

I get my first fill in a couple of weeks. I am interested to see if I feel a difference.

I have only lost 13 lbs. since my surgery on 12/17/08. I am disappointed but I am in this for the long run. It is nice to be able to come to this website and know that I am not alone.

BTW - I was given a sample of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein shake mix and I like it better than any of the others. Just in case you guys are interested. :cool:

Well, I'm starting to get the hang of it; that is, how much to eat, when to eat and what to eat. It's amazing how much changing your live style it take. No matter how much you are told, you have to expereince it yourself to have it sink in.

One more pound down.:cool:

Don

:wink_smile:Hey there,Just found your 60 plus thread and I am glad to join! I am 65 and doing great! I am 6months out and have lost 35 lbs.Not as much as some but I am a slow loser.:lol:I don't know how to put a photo on???????? Laura

Hi, Don.

I'm 66 (4/24/42) and being banded this Weds. We oldtimers just have had more time to build up more bad habits then the youngsters. I'm changing my entire diet and I started 1/1/09. Took all the food not meant for me to eat and gave it to my son. Filled my cupboard with all the good stuff. Loaded up on Protein Drinks, Soups, drinks, Vitamins, Jello and puddings. If it isn't in the house I won't eat it. I live 30 minutes from a little mountain town in northern Idaho and there is no way I'm running to the store for a snack! I'm sure you'll adjust your habits to kick start your weight loss again. How about a liquid diet for two days? Hang in there. Judy

I agree that Unjury is the best I've tasted. Mixes well and comes out smooth and delicious. I think you've lost a respectable amount of weight. Give yourself a break. Keep going and it will gently come off steadily. Judy

(4/24/42)

Hi there in Sandpoint..waving from the other end of Idaho, near Boise. I'm 2 1/2 years out from banding, & now 66-years-old. I'm at goal weight & have been since a yr. out, with no trouble at all maintaining. The only thing that is not my friend seems to be bread (unless it's toasted). I've kept a fairly tight fill (but not too tight) for over a year now. I think I'm going to get some taken out next mo., as I'm really through losing. It's a whole new life now...no knee problems & far more energy. I wish you luck. :thumbup:

Hi

I'm sorry I did not see your post about salads until today. I had problems with my internet connection. Oh my gosh, I think I am a internet junkie, as I really missed by friends here.

I eat salad often, and have no problems. I know I was concerned about the same thing when I was first banded last August. Like any food, try a little serving at first and chew well. I also try to add some type of Protein to my salad - meat, cheese, eggs- so that I get my alotted amount of Protein in for the day. Of course, I only use a small amount of reduced fat dressing, and I buy dark greens instead of iceberg lettuce. The more color in the salad the better it is for you. I love red peppers in my salads. I find that the salads are very filling and very healthy.