Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 weeks for first fill????

Did anyone else wait 8 weeks for their first fill? I'm having a hard time doing this! I want to eat the entire kitchen....How am I going to make it another four weeks without gaining back the weight I've already lost? I am so frustrated!!!!

While you might be eating more than "you should be", how does that compare with your pre-banding eating habits? I find that I can easily eat 1 cup of food and can push it to about 1.5 cups when I'm really hungry, but I can't go past that point. If I compare that to my pre-banding days, that is still a tiny portion, so I would think that you shouldn't regain too much of the weight lost. I also find that the more solid the food, the smaller the portion, whereas I'm quite happy to eat 2 cups of Soup and could probably manage more.

I was lucky enough to get a fill at 5 weeks out, but I asked for only half the usual amount as I don't want to have very tight restriction. All I can suggest for you is to make really healthy choices whenever you can and go for the bulkiest food, rather than Protein drinks. Not only will the more solid food fill you better, but you will have to spend far more time chewing and will likely get much better satisfaction from having eaten than you would from soft foods.

Good luck and hang in there!!

Thanks... that is great advice! My food choices are healthier than they have ever been.

When I do compare to my old ways, "I've come a long way baby!!" And I am NEVER

Man I feel like I am always hungrey. I finally get to get my fill on Jan 28th. I am so ready to have restriction. I am so worried that if I do not hurry up and get restriction that I am going to ruin something and I do not want that. I have still down 22 pounds since Dec. 4th so that is a good thing. :rolleyes2: Man but I understand the frustration of having to wait. Just hang in there!

Maybe you should call your doctor like 6weeks out and tell him that you are getting really hungry and no weight lost?

I got my first fill 6 weeks out and the last 2 weeks the weight lost kinda stopped, so im glad that I got my first fill today.

My doctor told me that next fill is in 3 months but I can call anytime when for a earlier fill, if im getting hungry more and eatting more.

My Dr waits till week 12 for a first fill. I'm only on week 2 now...That's a long way away...But after reading these posts, My Dr seems to be the strictist on everything.. 2 full weeks of no driving or work, 4 weeks liquids, another 4 weeks purees and then onto solids...

wow that seems over board but im no doctor.

The pace I was put at seem to work for me and im down a total 37-40pounds for 2 weeks.

Driving for 2 weeks? arn't you just sitting?lol anyways

good luck

wow no driving that would of killed me. I live alone. So if I dont do it noone would. I was driving the day after surgery.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches