Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Perth Bandsters Get Together?

Would any of the Perth bandsters be interested in getting together for a dinner one night or lunch one day? I am only home in Perth every second week (work on the mines, one week on/one week off), but would love to catch up with some Perth bandsters when I am home.

Ideas for get togethers:

* Find a nice restaurant and all order an entree (and no-one has to feel odd because of that!) :lol:

* Have a Monthly Lunch or Dinner Party at someone's house, serving bandster style food and portions (everyone takes turns to host).

* Have a picnic in Kings Park, with a BYO picnic lunch

Looks like it's just thee and me, acl, but I'll hold out hopes for more to join us. I'll be home from site on Friday night and will try to organise something for next week and post details.

Hey,

I would be keen to come along. I stay at home to look after my son, who is 18 months old. i would be very keen to get out without him. If possible, i will be there:cool2:

hi ya guys!!

im getting banded tomorrow!!! YIKS...(WED 23RD)

im more than happy to meet up and get to know you all.

ill be in touch in a few days, fingers crossed all goes well !

cheers min

Hey Min,

Good luck tomorrow. I am a week post op tomorrow, and I hardly feel like I have had an op (apart from lack of appetite). The first few days were a bit hard, but after that, everything seemed to pick up...I am sure you will do fine.

I'm love to join in, let me know what the go is :rolleyes:

Maybe we should go to a pool or something! (I've got excercise on the brain!):biggrin:

Banded 11 Dec 2007

Alright!! That's more like it! I'll PM everyone when I get home from site and, hopefully, we can organise something for next week! Looking forward to meeting you all :smile:

well im home and doing really good ! im so suprised how good i feel, i have a little wind in the belly but other than that all good!

take care all and its so great to be over the first hurdle... banded finally!

yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps: so is it true we are meant to stick to liquid for 2 weeks then mushie stage then slowly bring in food? well thats what im gonna do .

cheers

Fortunately after the 2 weeks of liquids only you will be really impressed at your weight loss start... But as everyone says, dont expect it to last.

Its someone saying for all the pain and crap we have put you through we'll make ur first week of weight loss a good one so encouragement :tt1:

Good Luck! If you need advice about what to eat we're all here!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches