Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you eating Nymph's?

Another board has a daily thread entitled, "What are you eating today?" I like this idea because it will us new exciting ideas of what everyone else is eating. Also, great accountability. Everyone is welcome to post.

I was in the hospital the last two days with my youngest son. He was having a bone graft for is bi-lateral cleft palate. So I was eating hospital food until this evening.

Breakfast: 3/4 cup of scrambled eggs and 3 sausage links

Lunch: chicken Quesadilla's with sour cream and salsa sauce. 1/2 an order.

Dinner: 3 oz of London Broil, 1/2 cup of GG Brussel Sprouts, 1/2 cup of GG Corn Nibblets

Snack: 10 almonds

Have a great evening everyone!:smile:

Cindy

Cindy - Great idea! BTW - I hope your son is doing better. That's got to be very difficult.

OK - Here goes:

Bfast - oatmeal (instant)

lunch - Frozen South Beach Diet Chicken/Spinach pizza (30gm Protein & 330 calories) Yummy!

dinner - 4 oz salmon

1/2c Orzo salad w/Feta cheese & olives

1/2c Green Beans w/Carrots & dried cranberries (Birdseye)

Drinks: 1c wine (ok, just shoot me)

lots & lots of Chrysal Lite

Cindy - Great idea! BTW - I hope your son is doing better. That's got to be very difficult.

OK - Here goes:

Bfast - oatmeal (instant)

lunch - Frozen South Beach Diet Chicken/Spinach pizza (30gm Protein & 330 calories) Yummy!

dinner - 4 oz salmon

1/2c Orzo salad w/Feta cheese & olives

1/2c Green Beans w/Carrots & dried cranberries (Birdseye)

Drinks: 1c wine (ok, just shoot me)

lots & lots of Chrysal Lite

No Flames Firebolt...a glass of wine is heart healthy right:smile: Sounds like we eat about the same amount. The fill I got 2 weeks ago is starting where off...dang it! I got an appt for 2/6/08 for my second fill. Now I wish that I had some idea of what type of band I have. I asked the doc and he indicated that it was a 10. He put in 1cc at my first fill. I need to ask him at my next visit to be more clear. I hate not knowing that information.

Cindy

Cindy I hope your son is doing better!!

I had Quaker Oatmeal Weight Control Maple Brown Sugar 1/2 cup made with skim milk. 2 strawberries, 4 blue berries

Protein shake mid morning - powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate

Tuna-3 ounces mixed with tsp of fat free miricle whip,2 baby sweet pickles, 1 slice of onion, 1/2 egg

dinner - chicken tenders 3 ounces and 1tbsp of corn

Protein Shake mid afternoon

And 9 glasses of Water

Today wasn't a good day for me as I went to the pub for lunch with some people for one of the girl's birthday and then went for a drink with her after work.

Breakfast: 1 piece of rye toast with light cream cheese and small cup of skim latte

Lunch: Bruschetta - in case you don't know what that is, it is toasted Italian bread with diced Tomato & onions with a little cheese on top.

1/2 glass of white wine

Mid afternoon: 1 banana

Pub: Glass of orange & cranberry juice and crisps

Dinner: Nachos with sour cream & avocado (not as big as I usually eat but not the best)

Snack: 1/2 cup Jelly & light custard

I guess now you know why I can't get the weight off at the moment. I am maintaining but I really want to start losing again.

The last couple of days, I have started the day off with a Protein shake and haven't eaten anything until lunch time. Also my food choices have been much better than today. Back to that tomorrow.

Ok let see....

Breakfast- protien shake - oats, small, low sugar

lunch-I/2 a chicken Breast and1/2 a cup of peas@ corn

Supper-2 cups of Beans and ham Soup

Snacks- trail mix bars (2) Sm choc. bar

Sounds like a lot, but I worked out 45 min. of cardio at the gym. I seem to eat more than a lot of you do. I am still losing though.I always feel guilty cause I eat more than most. Donna

Cindy I hope your son is doing better!!

I had Quaker Oatmeal Weight Control Maple Brown Sugar 1/2 cup made with skim milk. 2 strawberries, 4 blue berries

Protein shake mid morning - unjury chocolate

Tuna-3 ounces mixed with tsp of fat free miricle whip,2 baby sweet pickles, 1 slice of onion, 1/2 egg

dinner - chicken tenders 3 ounces and 1tbsp of corn

Protein Shake mid afternoon

And 9 glasses of Water

Holy smoke Kristin...how the heck do you get in all that Water. I struggle for 6. Yikes! Don't you just love the Weight Control Quaker Oatmeal. I usually try to go with eggs for Breakfast but have found that this oatmeal has staying power. hmmmmm, I might have that for lunch!

Cindy

Ok let see....

Breakfast- protien shake - oats, small, low sugar

lunch-I/2 a chicken Breast and1/2 a cup of peas@ corn

Supper-2 cups of Beans and ham Soup

Snacks- trail mix bars (2) Sm choc. bar

Sounds like a lot, but I worked out 45 min. of cardio at the gym. I seem to eat more than a lot of you do. I am still losing though.I always feel guilty cause I eat more than most. Donna

Don't feel guilty! You need to eat if you are hungry and working out makes a huge difference in how much you need to eat. Your muscles need the energy to recover. Besides that is not a lot. What does it work out to in calories? You might be surprised. Have you tracked your calorie loss after exercise? For example, if I have done the treadmill for 30 minutes at a medium incline I might burn off 375 calories. So if you are only taking in 1200 calories per day you actually burn off 375 for net intake of 825 and that doesn't take into consideration the fact we burn calories just typing on the computer. You are doing just great! Keep up the great job!

I've got a new hectic schedule where I'm gone from the house from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. on MW and 11:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. on TTh. Until I get the hang of things, I'm living on Slimfast and Luna bars.

Yesterday, I had:

Breakfast: Slimfast Optima shake

Snack: Luna bar

Lunch: Slimfast Low-Carb shake

Snack: Slimfast Low-Carb Shake

Dinner: chicken salad made with low-fat Miracle Whip and Water crackers.

Snack: sugar-free Jell-O pudding

I get a fill tomorrow and will have the weekend to adjust. I'd like to come up with "real food" alternatives once I get settled into my new schedule and see how the fill goes.

I forgot to mention that I am also on the road about two hours each day because I teach in another city and that's another reason for the "portable" foods. Sometimes the only time I can eat is in the car.

I really need to track what I am eating a little better it sounds like. With no fill yet, I am "able" to eat almost anything. I do the Protein shake for Breakfast and then lunch and dinner. I thought banders were not supposed to snack! Everything I have read is to eat three meals a day and that the meals should sustain you until the next meal.

HELP with this. I am not losing very well and that may be the problem. Besides that I need a fill!

The more I read on this site, the more I realise how unrestricted I am and how it makes all the difference so I'm not giving myself a hard time about this any more. I've been pretty good most days & have been exercising every day. Next Wed is my 2nd fill and I'm hoping that will give me enough restriction to really kick start this thing again. It's a journey and everyone's journey is their own. Whether it be fast or slow, we will get there.

Holly: I do love the oatmeal and I hated oatmeal before surgery....hehehehehe so that is a good thing I think. Because I know how healthy it is and you are right it sticks to my bones. It holds me til my next meal.

I love my tuna salad and it too is long lasting, it hold me very well. I have tried to spice things up a bit I found when I eat the same things over and over my body get to used to it. I have also found if I eat something a little higher calorie once a week it helps to get that 2 pounds off in a hurry. For example I lost one pound last Friday and then on Saturday I had an oatmeal cookie and on Sunday I lost 2 more pounds......I know it works this is the second time it happened to me.....LOL

I do limit any sugar though, and I don't have much, my carbs are controlled and so is my fat.....I think it is very important not to fall into that eating disorder mode that they spoke to us about in our classes preop. There are alot of people who get so scared to eat they live on shakes and Soup and that is setting yourself up for a eating disorder they told us.

So I am trying really hard to eat all my calories. I will be giving up the shakes when I hit my three months out here in a couple of weeks. And then it is get all my Protein from my food!!!!

Holly as for drinking the Water I am literally constantly drinking, and I mean that literally I carry my water bottle with me everywhere even to the bathroom.....LOL I know that my bottles of Water are two cups and I try to drink 5 of them a day. I manage 4 1/2 right now and that is drinking constantly when I am not eating....LOL

I know is I do not get in my water, I have a stall in my weightloss......:)

You just gave me an idea, Kristin! I got a juicer and made some apple/carrot/celery juice this morning (and it was yummy! :)) I froze the pulp but I think it would be good to add some pulp to oatmeal! I'm going to give it a try, anyway.

I'm using up some Meal Replacement oatmeal (similar to Medifast or Optifast) that I bought last year but then I want to try the Weight Control oatmeal. Do you know how much Protein is in it? I can always add unflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury if it's on the low side.

I'm using up some Meal Replacement oatmeal (similar to Medifast or Optifast) that I bought last year but then I want to try the Weight Control oatmeal. Do you know how much Protein is in it? I can always add unflavored unjury if it's on the low side.

The weight control oatmeal has 7g of protien, my son love :thumbup:eating it.

Since I have no restriction at this moment today I had

BF: 1/2 cup of can peaches

4oz of small curd cottage cheese

8 oz of Decaf coffee

Snack 1: a carb control sugar free yogurt

Lunch: 4 oz of Haitian bean Soup with 2tbs of salsa

1 oz of shredded cheese 1ts of low fat sour cream

Diner: egg salad (2 eggs)

1 slice of whole-wheat toast

1/4 cup of green Beans

Snack 2: 1 no sugar added fudgsicle

lots of Water and crystal light

Last week I ate far less then that, need a fill.

Breakfast =

Kashi Oatmeal (going to look into the weight control oatmeal you are all talking about). I like this because it's a nice large size and keeps me full

1 brown n serve lite sausage link

lunch - 3 ounces of tuna mixed with one teaspoon of lite miracle whip on melba toast covered with one slice of no fat cheese toasted in the toaster oven.

1/2 cup cottage cheese

snack - Kashi crunch bar

dinner - 3.5 ounces of salmon, 1/2 cup green Beans

Snack - 90 calorie pudding

64 ounces of Water always

This comes out to right around 1000 calories for the day.