Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oct 07 Bandsters - how are you doing?

I am uber happy about my band.. I have lost 40lbs and love it. However, I feel i have to stay away from the boards (here) as much as possible bcuz I found myself getting depressed if I saw that someone else was losing more weight than i am. I know it sounds stupid but I try to tell myself that everyone loses it at their own pace but I can't help but "compare" myself to everyone.

IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

I hate doing that but I don't know how to end the cycle.. I miss you all terribly!!! *sigh*

If it isn't one head thing it is another. ...

I will pop in every so often and I do receive all my PM's to my personal email box.. but other than that.. I am scared of my own destructiveness by following all ur weight loss. WHY AM I THIS WAY?

Does anyone else feel this way?

Also - congrats to everyone who is losing weight. I truly am happy for u and hope u keep it up.

Talk to everyone soon?

Amy

I am new to this thread. I am Brandy. I was banded on October 31, 2007.

I am 3 months out and down 56lbs. I get a 2nd fill THIS thursday.

Cant wait to see how others are progressing

I had my band done October 29th, I have the VGA band and have lost 38 pounds. I have been having problems with people at work not just offering me things that are fattening-like pizza and soda, but actually putting said food in front of my face. It wasn't just a onetime thing, they would do this repeatedly. I was wondering if anything like this had happened to anyone else.

Ok october bandsters I need your support and advise. I just booked another small fill. I am at 7cc so on my 4th. I can still eat more than a cup of food. I have a hard time with bread but not with cookies! I have been making some very bad food choices. I still work out and will not give up the excersise but I think I am only loosing about 1lb per week. I know if I made better choices I could loose more. HELP.

This is my first post for this forum. I was banded in Detroit on October 24. Have had no fills due to complications of pulmonary emboli (rushed to hospital 11-1). My first fill is coming up on Valentine's day. We've put it off because I'm on blood thinners. My dietary restrictions have doubled, since the thinner also puts on restrictions. I have really down days. I'm hungry all the time, and to make matters worse, I have personality conflicts with the dr's nutritionist. Since I started the pre-op liquids, til now, I've lost 40 pounds, with the majority pre-op. I'm no longer a "spring chicken" and wonder if I've made a big mistake, having this done. I guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself today. Anyhoo...thanks for listening.

Julia

people at work not just offering me things that are fattening-like pizza and soda, but actually putting said food in front of my face. It wasn't just a onetime thing, they would do this repeatedly

This purile behaviour is so sad :thumbup:

I am sorry you have to be contact with these saddo's on a daily basis. I have only suffered this in the early days when I became a vegetarian, my reasons are ethical ones. I eventually became so tired of these cretins that gradually I attended less and less functions, and didn't bother eating in the work lunchroom anymore. Recently it became easier, as life and people move on, but I won't put myself in that situation now.

It is a bit the same with my band, only my husband and I know, and I don't regret this decision. I feel so bad for bandsters who have shared their joy and hopeful expectations with, family or more particularly work colleagues, only to be really suffering mental anguish down the track.

I really hope you can deal with this harrassment,

Hugs

...have lost 38 pounds. I have been having problems with people at work not just offering me things that are fattening-like pizza and soda.

If you have told them that you are not interested in pizza, soda, or anything of that nature and they still put it in front of you then they are a jealous group of people; that is all this boils down to! They may hate the fact that you are successful and they may want you to fail! How low can they go? Keep your chin up and don't feel bad; just keep the picture in your mind of your thin self walking into the office in the near future wearing cute clothes. Pizza and soda can't hold a candle to how good it will be seeing them turn green with envy!

(Let them stuff their face...they will get fatter and you will get thinner...even better! Woo Hoo.):thumbdown:

As of today I have lost 41 pounds I have a 10cc band with .6cc's in it. As for restriction I only have it in the morning. after that I drink protien for my Snacks and eat protien rich meals. It seems that I lose weight in spurts I'll go a few days with no weight loss then lose a bunch for a couple of days.

SlimerJim

That's awesome! I was banded on Halloween & today I hit my 30lb mark. I was so happy. I am new to this online support thing, but I see from other people's weight loss that it varies for each individual. However, I do not think that I'm getting as much Protein on a daily basis as I should be. I saw your remarks about your restriction being only in the mornings, (me too), and that you complete the rest of your day with mostly protein. Can you tell me some of the things you're eating so I can get some kind of idea of other things to add to my diet? Congrats again on your loss, I hope to speed up a little more, I've only had one fill though since surgery & go back for the 2nd on the 27th of this month so...I guess we'll see.

I have good restriction during the day but evenings are hard. I want and can eat and eat. I think I may have a leak because everytime I go for a fill I have under 1 cc in my 10cc band. I am going back in a couple of weeks to check again. We'll see.

Things are going well for me - although not as fast as some of the people on here. I am down 30 in total and that includes the holidays and my recent trip to Cabo.

In case you were wondering, Margaritas are band friendly! I went way overboard. I just got my 4th fill on Tuesday (the fill was torture - new nurse) but I am happy and hoping to see some quick results. I have even considered starting an excercise prgam (as opposed to thinking about one and never quite getting around to it.)

I am getting lots of compliments - most dont know that I had surgery and they ask like crazy what I am doing.

Hope everyone is doing well and we can all get to the 5 month mark with more success.

Well, it's 4 months later ... so I'll post pics ...

The 1st pic was taken a few months before surgery ... the 2nd pic is the "old me" MINUS almost 60 pounds.

I'm pleased! :cheers2:

post-221596-13813136508047_thumb.jpg

post-221596-13813136508402_thumb.jpg

hey lelee,

you look great!!!!! you go girl. i was banded two weeks after you. i have only lost 26 pounds. keep it up. i will post my pics when i don't feel so self conscience. talk to you soon!!!! it's great to see another sister doing her thing.

Hello out there!!

I'm from cincinnati ohio and was banded on nov 3 2007, I've lost about 28 pds from the time I started. But I'm at a point now where I have 5.5 cc in a 10 cc band. But this whole time has been strange, one day I can eat more, the next day I'm fighting to get something down. This band has it's own mind, they say it's hormones, stress ect, does anyone else have this problem??????

hey lelee,

you look great!!!!! you go girl. i was banded two weeks after you. i have only lost 26 pounds. keep it up. i will post my pics when i don't feel so self conscience. talk to you soon!!!! it's great to see another sister doing her thing.

THANKS SO MUCH!!! It's strange but I don't see the weight loss until I look at the pics. I've hit a plateau with the weight loss though .... so I've scheduled my 3rd fill appt.

Hello there from Kentucky! I haven't been on here since December! I was banded on October 4th of 2007. I've had 2 fills in the larger 10cc band I believe. So far, things have been good. I have to admit that my weight loss would probably be more if I'd exercise on a daily basis. That's my new goal! We have a treadmill at home and we've also joined the YMCA. Overall, I'm tickled with my success. It's so nice that my clothes are feeling loose! And to see the scales go down is such a joy! I look forward to getting on here more often....it really gets us motivated to read others stories!