Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling a little down today.....

Hello all. I am feeling so down today. I was banded the 28th of Dec and I am into my third week. I am on soft foods and VERY glad I am done with liquids. It is just so hard to make your family dinner and watch them eat when I am hungry and have to eat something completely different. I guess I am just tired of Soups and I don't really care for fish but I am eating it for the Protein. I have lost about 15 lbs and I am soooo happy about that but I miss eating. Does that make sense? I do eat bfast, lunch and dinner but it is such small portions to keep my calories down. Within 10 mins of me eating I am still hungry. Is that normal? Is that because I do not have a fill? Will that change when I finally get a fill? To top it off I am PMSing soooo bad. I am a couple of days late (sorry tmi) and so I feel even moodier. I am also way more hungry because of that. (No I am not pg, can't happen!). I think I am late because of the surgery. I am sure I will feel better after Aunt Flo shows but I just need to vent. Thanks for listening!;)

Sorry to hear this but I can sympathise. I am still on a full liquid diet and I think I could eat my arm right about now. I have been preparing meals for the family and it is very hard. I go jump on the scale when I get really discouraged, or I go to sleep! LOL Hang in there, you shouldn't have much longer!

Hello all. I am feeling so down today. I was banded the 28th of Dec and I am into my third week. I am on soft foods and VERY glad I am done with liquids. It is just so hard to make your family dinner and watch them eat when I am hungry and have to eat something completely different. I guess I am just tired of Soups and I don't really care for fish but I am eating it for the Protein. I have lost about 15 lbs and I am soooo happy about that but I miss eating. Does that make sense? I do eat bfast, lunch and dinner but it is such small portions to keep my calories down. Within 10 mins of me eating I am still hungry. Is that normal? Is that because I do not have a fill? Will that change when I finally get a fill? To top it off I am PMSing soooo bad. I am a couple of days late (sorry tmi) and so I feel even moodier. I am also way more hungry because of that. (No I am not pg, can't happen!). I think I am late because of the surgery. I am sure I will feel better after Aunt Flo shows but I just need to vent. Thanks for listening!;)

Hi,

Yes it will get better when you have a fill. In the meantime, do you have a slow cooker (or crockpot) not sure what you might call it. I cook chicken thighs, beef, and lamb shanks in it. Put it on in the morning before work and when I get home - dinners ready. The meat is so tender it falls off the bones - great for bandsters like us, and the rest of the family enjoy it as well.

Curries are great this way. If you like chicken curries and don't have a slow cooker just make it in a casserole dish in a very low heat oven. I put just about anything in it, normally I would add things at different times (if I was at home) but when I was on soft food I added everything at the start - chicken thigh fillets, chick peas, green Beans, carrots, mushrooms, onion, chicken stock and curry paste. My family loved it and was looking for more, I was eating the same as them - just a whole heap less and didn't feel that I was missing out.

Hope you feel better soon, hang in there it will get better.

Danna

Jaymie,

I know when I am PMS'ing my appetite is so much stronger.

I feel for you - I have had days where I feel as though I am in mourning over the loss of food.< /p>

Seeing what others eat (how much) and what you have on yor plate is so foreign. But we'll get it.

Hang on to that terrific weight loss.

This too shall pass.

C.N.

I am starting to get hungry now, I should hopefully be able to get my 1st fill next wk going to call monday.Meanwhile I just cook like usual have a lean meat either baked or crock pot and a veggie usually green Beans and potatoe, I just eat the meat and veggie then if I am hungry later I fix a vanillia carnation instant Breakfast smoothie with skim milk and a banana in my bullet it is so good and good for you it really fills you up and is kind of sweet even.

Jaymie,

Don't let this temporary situation spiral too far out of control. I know it is crazy the first month. Still is and I'm 6 weeks out. But I'm starting to eat more normally and that helps.

When I couldn't eat what my family was, I didn't eat WHEN they did either. I would fix them something and while they sat and ate everything I would find something I just HAD to do. It was something that couldn't be put off (if my kids asked). I just tried to stay away so I didn't feel quite so deprived. I also gave into my frustrations sometimes and went outside and vented all the angry stuff I was feeling. Saying outloud to no one certainly made it seem more "taken care of". Then I would pull on my big girl panties and tell myself to buck it up. I can give myself a pretty good butt kickin when it's needed.

You will soon be eating with the family again. You will be enjoying it even more because now you know what its like not to have it. And because you'll be eating less while enjoying your family you can get more quality talking in. Maybe it will open up new roads of communication that way. I know my DH and I talk a lot more now that I'm not shoveling away. I ask him more questions and answer his more completely.

You're doing great and it will get easier. PMS makes it tough. I know I have been pmsing for a good week now. Flo could make her appearance and get the hell gone any day now.

Good luck. Keep posting about your feelings. It helps and you'll find, you're not alone. That's always helpful.