Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

over sixty seven

Hi Skittles.

I'm 60, getting banded on 2/4. I'm on the liquid phase and believe it or not, SlimFast is tasting pretty good now. I used to think that I was too old to have the surgery, but now if I get healthy and my lifespan age increases, then I have quite a few more years -- so I'm doing it now instead of thinking about it as I did for the last 2 years.

I too am 5'8" and USED TO weigh 160 (about 20 years ago). That is a great weight for our height. I hope I can just make it to 199!

Continued happiness to you with your band. You've inspired me.

beachgal

Good luck to you. The 4th is my birthday, so I hope it's a lucky day for you. My kids are throwing me a birthday party. To think that 2 years ago I didn't think I would make it to 66 and here I am feeling wonderful.

To anyone else...it's common to be hungry. Until you get some fills and get restriction you are in what they call "bandster hell". Having the band is only the first step. The fills are ever important. I was also hungry during the first 6 weeks until I got my first fill, and even somewhat after that, but it got better and better. You will feel better when you move onto mushies. There are so many great things you can eat. I loved having refried Beans (low-fat) heated with some low fat cheese, topped with a little salsa and ff sour cream. I think that was the best thing I tasted after surgery, and so high in Protein. To this day I still love to fix it for lunch.

Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Skittles

Thanks for the site. Those recipes sound really good. I'm eating a yummy, big bran muffin that my sister who is in ww invented and it has 2 WW points. I would post it with recipes somewhere but I don't have all the nutritional values Also it needs coffee along side so can't follow the no drinking rule. But if anyone is interested, let me know.

Thanks for the site. Those recipes sound really good. I'm eating a yummy, big bran muffin that my sister who is in ww invented and it has 2 WW points. I would post it with recipes somewhere but I don't have all the nutritional values Also it needs coffee along side so can't follow the no drinking rule. But if anyone is interested, let me know.

If you have recipe you can go to calorieking.com put recipe in and it will give you all nutrional values. or you can send it to me via email and I will do it for you. You may need a subscription to use their web site and I do

I just returned from my mini spa vacation in Mexico. Dr. Lopez was my tour guide. The whole adventure was just as I thought very easy. I did suffer with gas pain and, the cure is walk, walk, and, more walk It really works. I am home now resting comfortable sipping on my fruit2o it's wonderful and the drink keeps me hydrated. OH... by the way I just turned 66 years young. I will be happy to lose the fat and the pain in my hips. Hugs to you all,

I just returned from my mini spa vacation in Mexico. Dr. Lopez was my tour guide. The whole adventure was just as I thought very easy. I did suffer with gas pain and, the cure is walk, walk, and, more walk It really works. I am home now resting comfortable sipping on my fruit2o it's wonderful and the drink keeps me hydrated. OH... by the way I just turned 66 years young. I will be happy to lose the fat and the pain in my hips. Hugs to you all,

Hi! Glad to hear that you are doing well. What is fruit2o?

Good luck for tomorrow Karen! We'll look forward to hearing from you. Joyce

All went well, I was in surgery for a 30 minute period, then to recovery for 6 hours. The pacemaker needed checked and they had to find a bed. I felt really good, could have been pain meds! Friday they told me I could go home early afternoon, of course I hit the wall about 1 PM and suffered some nausa, after taking some pills, We started home a 90 minute drive, I got 10 miles from home and we had to stop car, motion sickness fromcar and high winds. Slept good last night, some discomfort from gas pain but it is moving and becoming less and less. Still afraid to try diabetes meds but so far it has stayed down. Only eating Water, herbal tea and sugar free Jello, start soft Protein tomorrow, but so far not hungry, I haven't had really food for 4 days and so far feel fine. Abdomin feels tight from swelling!

So far glad I started down this road. Needless to say DH isvery supportive and my three sons have been great in the understanding department!

Love, To all

K :eek:

;)

Again I am feeling good just weak. I have developed a cough guess it is my lungs just trying to clear. I started soft Protein this morning and all is well, will take it slow and thank you all for your support.

Thanks Joyce Yes it does feel good, but am amazed at the fact " I am not hungry at all" Was it always just "head Hunger" I am just finding all this time I use to spend on FOOD!

:lol:

Good luck to you. The 4th is my birthday, so I hope it's a lucky day for you. My kids are throwing me a birthday party. To think that 2 years ago I didn't think I would make it to 66 and here I am feeling wonderful.

To anyone else...it's common to be hungry. Until you get some fills and get restriction you are in what they call "bandster hell". Having the band is only the first step. The fills are ever important. I was also hungry during the first 6 weeks until I got my first fill, and even somewhat after that, but it got better and better. You will feel better when you move onto mushies. There are so many great things you can eat. I loved having refried Beans (low-fat) heated with some low fat cheese, topped with a little salsa and ff sour cream. I think that was the best thing I tasted after surgery, and so high in Protein. To this day I still love to fix it for lunch.

Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Skittles

Hi Skittles.

Got banded on your birthday and, except for a few minor aches and pains, all is going well today, two days after surgery. I do feel a little more hungry than I did on post-op diet (I lost 12 lbs.), but I attribute that to just hanging around my apartment looking for something to do. So, I decided to reply to you.

Hope your birthday was enjoyable!

beachgal

Again I am feeling good just weak. I have developed a cough guess it is my lungs just trying to clear. I started soft Protein this morning and all is well, will take it slow and thank you all for your support.

Did the hospital give you an apparatus that you use to breathe in and out? If they did, you should try to do it as much as you can; it will help you to clear out your lungs and get rid of that cough.

beachgal